Are you a Christian?

I would like to be 50% 50% - 157 50% 50% - 157
I don't want anything to do with that! 55% 55% - 174 44% 44% - 140
Total: 314
CameronPoe
+2,925|6620

MOG Disciple wrote:

Konfusion0 wrote:

I don't see where this is going...are we seriously going to prove each other wrong? Or lets just say the aetheists against the christians (me being an aetheist who can be persuaded on some points )
Does anyone here seriously think he can win this discussion?
I believe what I believe, and I guess you believe what you believe. In the end who losses out?

If I was wrong and there was no God I still am dead and kicking it back with you somewhere maybe playing battlefield 3020.

If I am right I will be in heaven with the Creator, mourning your death and torment that you will suffer in hell forevermore. I do not want this to be your fate.
Who loses out? Nobody. Wtf are are you on?
MOG Disciple
+8|6583|Wisconsin

CameronPoe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

You guys are taking a few paragraphs from the entire bible, that were directions to people thousands of years ago, and saying they dont fit todays standards. Jesus cleared up or said not to do some of the things the old testament says is acceptable.
John 10:12 - And Jesus spake saying that the children of God should ignore some of the cheesier bits of the old testament.
Joh 10:12  But he that is a hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

I think you have your verses wrong.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6620

MOG Disciple wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

You guys are taking a few paragraphs from the entire bible, that were directions to people thousands of years ago, and saying they dont fit todays standards. Jesus cleared up or said not to do some of the things the old testament says is acceptable.
John 10:12 - And Jesus spake saying that the children of God should ignore some of the cheesier bits of the old testament.
Joh 10:12  But he that is a hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

John 14:11 Verily I say unto thee that a lot of the stuff in this Good Book is a little far fetched, but please bear with me on this for a minute.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-07-05 14:22:55)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6759|San Francisco
Cameron, just don't get started on Matthew's begats...
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6801|Salt Lake City

CameronPoe wrote:

MOG Disciple wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

John 14:11 Verily I say unto thee that a lot of the stuff in this Good Book is a little far fetched, but please bear with me on this for a minute.
Dung 1:1 Unto thee I say three meals each day of beans and cabbage.  And when the demons call after the setting of the sun, unto thy canine shall all woes be laid.
Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6706|Puerto Rico
Proud not to belive in something that does not exists.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6602|Long Island, New York
lol...

I really actually don't believe in religion at all. I think it's gonna cause the end of the world, because people are too fucking protective of their own, and too scared to possibly admit that god doesn't exist. K, what the HELL is telling you that god is real? A book. ONOZ! People say "you need faith". PFFFFFFFFFFFT.

What I think is that most religions that believe in god feel they need something to believe in. They can't accept the excuse that there MIGHT NOT BE AN AFTERLIFE! Well, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to dust.

And honestly, if you believe in anything involving Jesus...C'mon, Zombies?

Last edited by Poseidon (2006-07-05 19:18:25)

S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6583|Montucky
I'm the Pope of the Church of Sinsbastard
JaMDuDe
+69|6842

Poseidon wrote:

lol...

I really actually don't believe in religion at all. I think it's gonna cause the end of the world, because people are too fucking protective of their own, and too scared to possibly admit that god doesn't exist. K, what the HELL is telling you that god is real? A book. ONOZ! People say "you need faith". PFFFFFFFFFFFT.

What I think is that most religions that believe in god feel they need something to believe in. They can't accept the excuse that there MIGHT NOT BE AN AFTERLIFE! Well, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to dust.

Yeah all of the billions of people who believe in God believe it because a book tells them. You obviously dont know much about religion.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6765

JaMDuDe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lol...

Yeah all of the billions of people who believe in God believe it because a book tells them. You obviously dont know much about religion.
I find it hard to read anything you write with a straight face.
MOG Disciple
+8|6583|Wisconsin

JaMDuDe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lol...

Please tell me about religion!

I don't understand what is the problem? Real born again Christians of whom I am one of them is taught to love your neighbor (that includes all of you) as yourself.  Not to hate you.  I believe in a loving savior who loved you so much that He died and rose from the dead.  I don't curse you or condem you I've never asked for your money.  Al I want is you to spend eternity in Heaven.

So why don't people like Christians????????????    What have we done wrong?????????????????
Erkut.hv
+124|6800|California
You know why MOG Disciple. It's the way it's supposed to be. If you aren't being persecuted, you aren't doing your job. Just eep on keeping on, we'll all see who's right in the end.

Much as I want to see you all in the hereafter, it's not my decision to make, nor can I force you to.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6614|Southeastern USA
that t-bird spammer didn't help things, at least christians don't kill people for not being christian though
MOG Disciple
+8|6583|Wisconsin

Erkut.hv wrote:

You know why MOG Disciple. It's the way it's supposed to be. If you aren't being persecuted, you aren't doing your job. Just eep on keeping on, we'll all see who's right in the end.

Much as I want to see you all in the hereafter, it's not my decision to make, nor can I force you to.
Ya I guess that is my job.   Proud to do my job.
Possum61
+9|6813|Philly PA USA

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Proud to be a Christian.
Second that 
captain_itchy_pants
+13|6640
I am proud to be in the Lords Army.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6615|CH/BR - in UK

@MOG Disciple...
I respect you very much for the maturity and lightness with which you have taken these offences.
However you have failed to persuade me thus far. Even if he existed, there have been too many killings in his name for me to want to go to church. Even if he were real, I would not try to change my life style in anyway. I wish you a pleasant life either way... And if I am wrong, oh well. I shall forever burn in hell...at least I will never be cold.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6759|San Francisco
What have christians done wrong?!  Wow...I could write a thesis dissertation on that subject alone.

Repression, mindless persecution, corruption, domination/control, oppression, hypocrisy, killing, feeling that they are over or are above written law...I could go on.  This doesn't harbor all christians, mind you, but the ones in power.  And the universal dislike comes from the lot of you continuing to support the christians in power when all they want to do is enforce theocratic control.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6836|PNW

Marconius wrote:

What have christians done wrong?!  Wow...I could write a thesis dissertation on that subject alone.

Repression, mindless persecution, corruption, domination/control, oppression, hypocrisy, killing, feeling that they are over or are above written law...I could go on.  This doesn't harbor all christians, mind you, but the ones in power.  And the universal dislike comes from the lot of you continuing to support the christians in power when all they want to do is enforce theocratic control.
I could write another thesis on all the wrong things non-Christians have done as well. All it proves is that nobody [edit, group of people] is above the fray of history and human corruption.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-07-06 09:25:41)

Erkut.hv
+124|6800|California

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Marconius wrote:

I could write another thesis on all the wrong things non-Christians have done as well. All it proves is that nobody is above the fray of history and human corruption.
Was gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it.

Marc, just admit you hate anything related to Christianity and be done with it.
=TFF=Omen_NataS
+60|6605
No wonder why there are wars because of this exact post WHO! TFC what your believes are. Ether you believe or you don't plain and simple i fore one am a Christian and damn proud of it If you don't like i really don't care i'm not going to try and prove to you wheather there is a God or a Devil that is your choice to make PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6836|PNW

Then again, multiple exclaimation points do little to convince people of one's logic and reason.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6615|CH/BR - in UK

=TFF=Omen_NataS wrote:

No wonder why there are wars because of this exact post WHO! TFC what your believes are. Ether you believe or you don't plain and simple i fore one am a Christian and damn proud of it If you don't like i really don't care i'm not going to try and prove to you wheather there is a God or a Devil that is your choice to make PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no flame but...you have to work on your spelling... Ah well...
To continue... Almost every major war was because of religion... Not necessarily christians...I am just putting that out there... Marconios wasn't that wrong...
=TFF=Omen_NataS
+60|6605

Konfusion0 wrote:

=TFF=Omen_NataS wrote:

no flame but...you have to work on your spelling... Ah well...
To continue... Almost every major war was because of religion... Not necessarily christians...I am just putting that out there... Marconios wasn't that wrong...
Ek gaan nie vir jou lieg nie maar as jy kan lees wat ek nou skryf is jy u varkpiel me u moerse geel vrot kwas op jou lip [SORRY IF I CAN"T SPELL BUT ENG> IS LIKE MY FOURTH LANG]
MOG Disciple
+8|6583|Wisconsin

Konfusion0 wrote:

@MOG Disciple...
I respect you very much for the maturity and lightness with which you have taken these offences.
However you have failed to persuade me thus far. Even if he existed, there have been too many killings in his name for me to want to go to church. Even if he were real, I would not try to change my life style in anyway. I wish you a pleasant life either way... And if I am wrong, oh well. I shall forever burn in hell...at least I will never be cold.
No jacket for you.

The killing defense is kind of lame there have been killings in many names not just in Christs name.  The true Born Again Christian is one of Love and compasion not that of killig and word domination. Many say they do the will of God.

Mat 7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16  Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17  Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19  Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I AM THE REAL DEAL.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard