Poll

Should there be language (no cussing) servers?

Yes34%34% - 17
No57%57% - 28
I don't cuss so I dont care8%8% - 4
Total: 49
nexus3372
+1|6781
I want to truth! lol
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Not only no, but FUCK NO!  We play a game where we blow people up, but please,  do not swear.  It is amazing to me that a "swear" word is more offensive than shooting someone in the head.
StikeZero
+0|6712
I Know lol =P
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6813
Hell no.
Octavarium
+1|6710
Fair enough - but a lot of people would rather not have to listen/read swearing or insults

Mabee it would be better if you could filter them on your own PC - i.e if somone swears everyone can see it except the people with that option on...?
AirBuster
+0|6710
I am an admin for my server and we have the auto kick for swearing.  I like having it enabled because it tends to be a smack tard filter as well.  Normally when people type something globally that contains swearing it is to flame someone, or to complain about another player.  And there is nothing worse than being in a server were two people are cussing at each other over global instead of playing.  I think if something needs to be said, you can do it without cussing.

But I see where you are coming from with the arguement that if you are killing people, then you should be able to swear.

One thing I would love EA to add in the next patch is a mute/ignore option.  You know, hit tab, click their name and not have to see what they type.
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6704|SE Pennsylvania
I hate language filters.  I tend to call people "pussys" and "bitches" which oftentimes gets me kicked, which in turn, pisses me off even more.  I don't spend a lot of time chatting, but when I do, I don't normally offer pleasantries.  Now I just find myself altering the spelling of the words: "pussay" or "bittch" or "fuuuckkk".  That get's me by.
nexus3372
+1|6781
Bingo is right on target--i fully believe you and im with u on that. I have like 57 going on in a round--im on fire-- i say to my, "Can you pussies shooy any fuckin thing." Cause were losing and each of my teammates has a maximum of 20 points. In turn i get kicked with one hell of a lot of points. In turn this pisses me so far outta boundary.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6702|New York
Welp Bingo Isnt on Target If ya set up the Filters right.

Answer me this? Why would someone Take the time to swear In a Game? ITS A GAME!!! Thats it bottom Line. Im Not going to have some Brat Kid thinking Hes a God come into My server and Flame with Profanity. Yah Ya go aropund Killing peeps, But To be dissrespectful To other Players and people Just Shows YOUR Lack of Morals And Proper upbringing. Theres Enough Rude Kids and People Out there Now who Think You Owe them something. Either respect the rules of a server your NOT paying for, Or Get the heck out of it. Simple as that.

Harry
Czechnology
+0|6701
Yeah, basically if you dont pay for the server, you've got no right to complain about its policies.

Last edited by Czechnology (2005-12-22 07:43:39)

[1MI]CriticalFailure
+0|6781|Wisco
Heh, I got kicked the other night for saying "assassinated."   Because it has "ass" in it.  Morons need to learn how to set up a filter.  It was like the one time I wasn't swearing up a storm, and it's the one time I get kicked.  Go figure.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
It's just words used to express more feeling, and stupid little kids really shouldn't be playing this game anyway.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6702|New York
I only filter The Fbomb. Thats it and its varients. The Other stuff is Not so bad.

Its More about respect for other folks than anything. Its Not on to Protect Kids from seeing it or useing it. Its a MAtter Of RESPECT for Others.

Harry
Jodah3
+1|6739
No.  An autofilter cannot pick up on the context of the statement.  I do believe an admin should have the discretion to kick people who are blatantly swearing to be offensive, but it is a joke to get kicked when somebody accidentally types "Kubra Damn" or something along those lines.
nexus3372
+1|6781
most common- "Save/Get to/Repair our assets"  or  " I got the enemy assets down"   boom kick---then i start cussing
Dr_3V|L
+51|6725|Twente, The Netherlands
Lol yeah, that's really stupid. All language filters need to be removed from servers, it's just stupid. If someone's really swearing like hell the admin can still decide to kick or ban him (If there's an admin on the server that is).
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
i got kicked for saying F*ck lol, try one of the EATW servers
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6739
This game is freaking 16+ no kids should be playing thus swearing is allowed.

I swear in squad tell.

I got kicked for saying "Noob tubers incoming"
or "Stupid fucking tank we're pinned down"
bla bla bla

Me: Damn Artly.
Admin: No swearing
Me: Clicks on Sorry function and soldier says "Damn, I'm sorry."

Last edited by CRIMS0N_W0LF (2005-12-25 06:03:35)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

Me: Damn Artly.
Admin: No swearing
Me: Clicks on Sorry function and soldier says "Damn, I'm sorry."
haha gotta love that
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6739|Finland
Well I don't play on those servers where's language filter on. As CRIMSON_WOLF said, this game is for 16+ years old players and I'm sure that 99.999 % of them are swearing in real life (and that rest must be dumb, but I'm sure that they all are still swearing in they minds). So what's point so set language filter on. Sure it's annoying when some one is blaming some one(s) instead of playin the game, but that's really rare (or am I just playing in good servers?) and admins can kick those guys anyways (and when there's some one blaming all the time, I'm sure that vote kick will also work). I'm got kicked too many times because saying Fuck or Damn or so (lol... If there's language filter on, why the hell that Damn must be filtered.. I can't understand).
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
I say it's for people 13+, we cuss like crazy anyway.  Do you really think a 13 year old would care about the violence or swearing thing?  This game is not based on respect while chatting or even chatting at all for that matter, making it pointless to get people to stop cussing because it's respectful.  If they do that so you'll be more respectful, it is absolute bullshit and it pisses me off a lot that they would even do it for that reason.
SlickWRX
+6|6743
I got kicked twice by the stupid language filters which I think was a bunch of BS.  The first time I said to my buddy in squad chat (we were the only ones in the squad), "dude that guy in the Cobra is handing me my ass".  Boom kicked.  Then the second time I said, " go get that bitch", also in our squad chat.  Kicked again.

I can see if someone is flaming that they need to be kicked.  Come on though.  The words ass and bitch are allowed in PUBLIC radio.  I listen to 96 Rock on the way to work every day and they say ass and bitch all the time.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6735|Houston, TX
I semi-censor myself to keep from getting into trouble with admins and filters. like typing F'n a-hole. That why it sstill known what Im saying. It just doesnt look as bad.
psychotoxic187
+11|6709
We use the filter on our server, and it keeps immature people out of our server. No one cares if you yell out fuck while your playing, but why take the time out to type it, instead of playing? Problem is, no one types just "fuck I got killed". They type insults or start to talk about peoples families and what not. That is why we have it on. Remember just because it's rated teen doesn't mean that kids are not playing. I've ran across kids as young as 7 while playing. Point is, if you can't control yourself enough not to type out your swearing in a server someone else pays for, you deserve to be kicked. You don't go to grandmas house and start saying "fuck grandma what the fuck bitch, stupid fucking tank killed me." Everyone swears, but to actually take the time out to type it is lame. If you get killed, and are ticked off, swear out loud and then move on and keep playing. Remember, your in someone elses house while playing on their server.
plaid_retina
+10|6695|Memphis, Tn
I'm 29 and I love smack talk. It's war, I'm not here to make you feel good, I'm here to insult you, and kill you!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard