spuddy1981
+10|6364|england
can all 50 cal bullets kill pilots or just the one sniper rifle + mounted MG's, do the support guns??
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

No. Only the M95 can kill pilots.

However, the .50 cals mounted on tanks and jeeps can destroy choppers with sustained fire.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
iamzamo
+1|6131
only the mp95 can snipe the pilot, the mounted mg's just tear it to shreads.... i like doing the latter
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6634|Germany
only the sniper ones, afaik
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon
dont forget about the AT rockets!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
7Canada_eh7
That Canadian Guy
+1|6142|Canada eh!
I get such a great feeling inside when i snipe out a pilot, then another guy jumps in then ... I get lots of kills
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Occasionally they can. I've shot many a pilot out of the cockpit with the jet machine gun.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

jord wrote:

Occasionally they can. I've shot many a pilot out of the cockpit with the jet machine gun.
Oooh, that reminds me of a fun story.

I'm flying the F-18 on Kubra. With my lack of flying skills, and my awesome lag, I get shot out of the cockpit by the MiG on my tail. The spawn screen is brought up, and you see my empty plane roll up and around.

It rolls onto the MiG.

"MiG_Pilot is no more."

/pwnt
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6368|California

cowami wrote:

jord wrote:

Oooh, that reminds me of a fun story.

I'm flying the F-18 on Kubra. With my lack of flying skills, and my awesome lag, I get shot out of the cockpit by the MiG on my tail. The spawn screen is brought up, and you see my empty plane roll up and around.

It rolls onto the MiG.

"MiG_Pilot is no more."

/pwnt
Not really, How about flying a F-35B shooting a J-10, somehow the bullets ricochet off the J-10 and you own yourself with your own bullets.
/trustory
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51
- Any bullet from an plane can kill a pilot
- M95 can
- Tank
- AT Rocket
- Tv Guided (Dont ask me how, but somehow I've managed to actually snipe a pilot out of his chopper with it , leaving the chopper in pieces and killing the pilot)

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-07-19 14:01:59)

Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

jord wrote:

Omfg ... not again ... jets dont have machineguns , they have auto cannons . 20mm , 23mm & 30mm ( depends on jet origin )
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6191|Canada

RDMC(2) wrote:

- Tv Guided (Dont ask me how, but somehow I've managed to actually snipe a pilot out of his chopper with it , leaving the chopper in pieces and killing the pilot)
same goes for co-pilots machine gun. I killed numerous people like that.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
I've killed a guy trying to take off in our chopper with an AT rocket to the pilot seat's glass.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

AT rockets can kill pilots/gunners, as can (at least) the Mi-28's cannon. My gunner just did it a LB pilot on Harvest - and then we watched it drop like a stone and kill the two side engineers
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

Only the M95 can penetrate helo/aircraft glass.

Please search next time, thanks.
Reiskis
+6|6152|Bartlett Illinois
The m95 can go through protective glass..
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6330|105 RVK
I once killed myself by shooting at a chopper and flying by it, my own shot killed me inside my cockpit..... hitbox problems maybe?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6272
You can get shot out of the cockpit by an apc as well. Although that may have been because of lag.
specops10-4
+108|6745|In the hills

Longbow wrote:

jord wrote:

Omfg ... not again ... jets dont have machineguns , they have auto cannons . 20mm , 23mm & 30mm ( depends on jet origin )
OMfg... not again ... jets have machine guns, and they also have cannons!
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6372|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Can get shot out by HMMMV .50 Cal. I have done it a few times.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon

Ryan wrote:

haha, did you even bother to read through this thread before that failed reply?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51

Ryan wrote:

thats a negative

Once again:

- Aircraft bullets
- AT Rockets
- Tank Shell
- Tv Guided Missle (BF2 physics.. dont ask me. )
- and off course m95.

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-07-19 15:07:27)

Ey3
+5|6152
Ur forgetting the PKM its hazardous for a heli too..
USMCkilla
+16|6764|South Carolina

specops10-4 wrote:

Longbow wrote:

jord wrote:

OMfg... not again ... jets have machine guns, and they also have cannons!
You are a complete idiot. Modern Jets have cannons not machine guns. I think the last machine gun put on a US fighter jet was the F-86 Sabre back in the Korean war.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6465|meh-land
you can get shot out by any weapon, including, but not limited to the pistol and knife

hitbox problems can cause the hitbox to appear outside of the aircraft hitbox, meaning that anything can kill you

generally its hard to do so, but its possible

I once managed to hit my own chopper with a TV missile mid roll...  Like my pilot was doing a barrel roll, and i fired a TV missile, and we both died and i got a TK
of course he forgave though

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard