kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
I am experiencing much more frequent CTD than I was on 0.5. Is anyone experiencing the same problem? I can't load half the maps (inc. Al Basrah, Muttrah City etc) because it just crashes. My drivers are fully updated.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

Corrupted download?
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6645|United States - Illinois

leetkyle wrote:

I am experiencing much more frequent CTD than I was on 0.5. Is anyone experiencing the same problem? I can't load half the maps (inc. Al Basrah, Muttrah City etc) because it just crashes. My drivers are fully updated.
Are you going to 0.609 servers?  Because Muttrah City is in v0.609 AFAIK.  Sure you are going to 0.5 servers.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
I don't have 0.5, and I'm on same Mod only so..
xgloryx
+3|6222

leetkyle wrote:

I've got the same issue here.  I tried a re-install (although, didn't re-download it) and got the same result.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

try turning off your EAX

I picked up that information somewhere... God knows where, but try it.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6645|United States - Illinois
If you don't run EAX you're going to lose a significant amount of sound quality.  DEVs said specifically to run EAX.  So not sure why someone said to turn it off.  Also i have heard of CTDs  i had 2 on the first night i played it is probably server side and will get fixed quickly if it is.  I had to ask the 0.5 question.  You just don't know with some people.

Last edited by Colfax (2007-07-18 06:14:44)

Shakez
+39|6171
0.6 id working for me but it's awesome laggy.
I went on a german server with a 50 ping and i got a 50 ping too.
On some server it says Your connection to the server has been lost.
Any suggestions?

Tanks
xgloryx
+3|6222

Colfax wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

Are you going to 0.609 servers?  Because Muttrah City is in v0.609 AFAIK.  Sure you are going to 0.5 servers.
That may have been my issue as it turns out.  I had 'Mod Only' and 'Same version' (or what not) but when I tried a few servers that specifically said 0.6 I was able to get in in each case.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6743|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Special_Op wrote:

0.6 id working for me but it's awesome laggy.
I went on a german server with a 50 ping and i got a 50 ping too.
On some server it says Your connection to the server has been lost.
Any suggestions?

Tanks
update Punkbuster

leetkyle wrote:

am experiencing much more frequent CTD than I was on 0.5. Is anyone experiencing the same problem? I can't load half the maps (inc. Al Basrah, Muttrah City etc)
Muttrah City is no longer in version 6 so I don't know how the hell it is crashing on load up tbh.. are you sure you uninstalled all previous versions before installing v.609?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
yep i'm sure..
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

If I try to connect to any maps that aren't online, say in SP or local server just to try out some stuff it just crashes to desktop, that sucks.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

You can always try a complete reinstall of BF2
It often helps.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6534|Cardiff

M.O.A.B wrote:

If I try to connect to any maps that aren't online, say in SP or local server just to try out some stuff it just crashes to desktop, that sucks.
i read somewhere that u cant play SP in .6 atm.  apparently they are working on implementing it.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

[THE] comben wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

i read somewhere that u cant play SP in .6 atm.  apparently they are working on implementing it.
True SP was not implemented and the guy who always makes stuff for SP has started working on it
http://realitymod.com/forum/t24391-the- … -prsp.html
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
works fine for me ...
VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California
If I'm not mistaken various versions of PR are recognized as being "the same mod", I had this happen durring beta when one of the new versions come out.

I should have that checked too, and some .5 servers show up as well. If it is always at loading I would assume that is whats happening, people have reported it on the PR forums too.

Just look for servers with .6 in the name, and see if it doesn't all clear up.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
This happens to me too. I try to load up a server and I just CTD. My drivers are fine and I have top of the line specs. This makes no sense.

If it matters, I never DL'ed 0.5, just 0.6
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6534|Cardiff
actually i just realised i have 'same version' and im getting a lot of red servers.  which im presuming are .5 as i have'nt tried joining tbh. 

when your looking at the server list are u seeing any red servers when u have 'same version' on?   i normally see about 100 servers including red ones atm if that helps.  it might be if u cant see any red servers then pr might be crashing coz your connecting to previous versions.  tenuous i know but might help :S.

(im quite mashed atm so soz if thats a bit garbled)

edit:  just realised that some peeps are still crashing the first time they load Bi-Ming apparently, i think thats cured by loading a server that has'nt got bi-ming running b4 u can load it or summat.  prolly a note on the PR forums about that somewhere but i aint got any links soz.

Last edited by [THE] comben (2007-07-20 15:42:09)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard