usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Something politicians will never understand.

"Still, Edwards has lost some of his credibility in this predominantly Democratic region. They don't forget $400 haircuts around here."

"A haircut's a haircut. You can get the same one for $10," said James Rudd, a 28-year-old Whitesburg resident who's spent the past 10 years mining coal. "If he's so big on poverty, then why don't he give the other $390 to some homeless person?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_ … r_kentucky

They are all rich, that is the only way to become President....money.  This is why people do not vote an do not care.  That simple sentence from James sums it up.  Stop fucking bullshitting people and just level with them.

I have yet to find a candidate I would vote for.  It seems this will be another Presidential election I will not vote on.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina
And you discovered this today?  Most politicians suck and don't give a shit for people like you and me.  They just care about power and money.
David.P
Banned
+649|6270

sergeriver wrote:

And you discovered this today?  Most politicians suck and don't give a shit for people like you and me.  They just care about power and money.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

David.Podedworny wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Ya I just discovered this...... 

Just wondering if anyone else is not voting.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6764
Who cares. Lets judge the man on his policies not haircuts.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

BN wrote:

"A haircut's a haircut. You can get the same one for $10," said James Rudd, a 28-year-old Whitesburg resident who's spent the past 10 years mining coal. "If he's so big on poverty, then why don't he give the other $390 to some homeless person?"
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

BN wrote:

Do as I say not as I do? Credibility is hurt when people do not lead by example. Irregardless of the significance of their piousness. It takes a thousand acts of kindness to undo one act of hypocrisy.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
san4
The Mas
+311|6685|NYC, a place to live

BN wrote:

QFT. That guy overestimates the American voting public. How a candidate looks matters. Part of Edwards' job is to look Presidential and handsome. You don't get a $10 haircut when your livelihood depends on how you look.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

san4 wrote:

BN wrote:

QFT. That guy overestimates the American voting public. How a candidate looks matters. Part of Edwards' job is to look Presidential and handsome. You don't get a $10 haircut when your livelihood depends on how you look.
His livelihood depends on how he looks?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

usmarine2005 wrote:

san4 wrote:

BN wrote:

Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command

usmarine2005 wrote:

"Still, Edwards has lost some of his credibility in this predominantly Democratic region. They don't forget $400 haircuts around here."

They are all rich, that is the only way to become President....money.  This is why people do not vote an do not care.  That simple sentence from James sums it up.  Stop fucking bullshitting people and just level with them.

I have yet to find a candidate I would vote for.  It seems this will be another Presidential election I will not vote on.
Click on the sig link to the Unity party you dipstick.

Last edited by ATG (2007-07-17 18:33:51)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

ATG wrote:

/confused
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina

usmarine2005 wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Ya I just discovered this...... 

Just wondering if anyone else is not voting.
I'll probably vote for Nader.  Then again, by 2012, I'll probably be in Canada, so whoever wins in 2008 isn't likely to affect me much in the long run.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6566|Portland, OR, USA
I probably won't vote in the first election I can vote as well.... that kinda sucks but tbh, the candidates are all tools... and that's probably the way it'll be from now on.

Maybe I'll move overseas after medschool..
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

Vote for a candidate that you like - it doesn't matter for what party.  Hell, write in a candidate.  Think of it this way - each vote not for the two main parties is a vote of disgust against our fucked up system.  I have voted in two presidential elections, and in neither have I voted for democrat or republican.  In fact, I don't think I have ever voted for either for any office...

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-07-17 23:59:37)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85

usmarine2005 wrote:

ATG wrote:

/confused
I'm pretty sure he's saying for you to vote for ATG for presidency.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Vote for a candidate that you like - it doesn't matter for what party.  Hell, write in a candidate.  Think of it this way - each vote not for the two main parties is a vote of disgust against our fucked up system.  I have voted in two presidential elections, and in neither have I voted for democrat or republican.  In fact, I don't think I have ever voted for either for any office...
True words.
san4
The Mas
+311|6685|NYC, a place to live

usmarine2005 wrote:

san4 wrote:

BN wrote:

At least his political career does. It's like when one toothpaste is no better than all the others. People only buy it because of how the tube looks.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6764

san4 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

san4 wrote:

At least his political career does. It's like when one toothpaste is no better than all the others. People only buy it because of how the tube looks.
hopefully world leaders are chosen more carefully!
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6546|CH/BR - in UK

I just hope for America that there is a president next who doesn't spend more than he can, and cut taxes on top of that. It doesn't work. What's $400 compared to the billions spent on Iraq? Or on tapping the phones?
If this is his own money, and he still pays to charity, I couldn't care less. I'll care when he spends part of the budget for his own needs. You aren't going after company owners who make money in obvious excess selling weapons, oil etc., so leave this guy - he's just another politician.

-konfusion
JahManRed
wank
+646|6624|IRELAND

Politics, politicians and the wars they start have always been and always will be about making rich men richer of the back of the ordinary man.
Capitalism FTW!!!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

usmarine2005 wrote:

Our Taoiseach got in a lot of trouble a while back for spending several thousand euro every year on make-up! Not that you would have been able to tell to look at him!

Just remember usmarine 'a vote not cast is a vote for the majority'! And in the next election that could mean Hilary or Osama!
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6659|USA
The scandals upon scandals in the current admin, and the best we can do is bitch about a candidates haircut. AMericans and politicans both need thier priorities put in order.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6552

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Our Taoiseach got in a lot of trouble a while back for spending several thousand euro every year on make-up! Not that you would have been able to tell to look at him!

Just remember usmarine 'a vote not cast is a vote for the majority'! And in the next election that could mean Hilary or Osama!
The problem with what Bertie did is that it was on the taxpayer. That wasn't the case for Edwards.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

ATG wrote:

/confused
I'm pretty sure he's saying for you to vote for ATG for presidency.
Like.........no.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard