Poll

Would You Support Your Country Conducting Apartheid Policies?

Yes, it's my country and I would support it20%20% - 18
No, I would support human rights79%79% - 68
Total: 86
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina
Ok, 13 people voted they'd support Apartheid.  Let's go with the 80% who voted for human rights.  I wonder how many out of this 80% support Israel.  The "Israel is not my country" card doesn't work here.  So, how come most people wouldn't support Apartheid but most people support Israel?
Jainus
+30|6593|Herts, UK

sergeriver wrote:

Ok, 13 people voted they'd support Apartheid.  Let's go with the 80% who voted for human rights.  I wonder how many out of this 80% support Israel.
I don't particularly support Israel, only their right not to be blown apart whilst in a market. Whether Israel (the country) should exist at all is another matter...

sergeriver wrote:

The "Israel is not my country" card doesn't work here.
Yes it does, your question was "would you support your country"... if Israel is not your country, how can it not apply?

sergeriver wrote:

So, how come most people wouldn't support Apartheid but most people support Israel?
And i'm not sure that 'most' people support Israel at all; the sad truth is that  the vast majority of people not directly effected don't care. That would fit into your category of support by not condoning i suppose but i think your on dodgy ground by claiming the active support of 'most' people.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Jainus wrote:

I don't particularly support Israel, only their right not to be blown apart whilst in a market. Whether Israel (the country) should exist at all is another matter...
Israel has the right to exist.  They don't have the right to conduct apartheid policies on Palestinians.

Jainus wrote:

Yes it does, your question was "would you support your country"... if Israel is not your country, how can it not apply?
Technically, the US approves what Israel is doing, and it keeps helping Israel, while Israel is violating human rights.  So, do you support your country supporting a country conducting apartheid policies?

Jainus wrote:

And i'm not sure that 'most' people support Israel at all; the sad truth is that  the vast majority of people not directly effected don't care. That would fit into your category of support by not condoning i suppose but i think your on dodgy ground by claiming the active support of 'most' people.
Most people in the US support Israel.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6307|Éire

sergeriver wrote:

Jainus wrote:

Israel has the right to exist.  They don't have the right to conduct apartheid policies on Palestinians.

Jainus wrote:

Technically, the US approves what Israel is doing, and it keeps helping Israel, while Israel is violating human rights.  So, do you support your country supporting a country conducting apartheid policies?

Jainus wrote:

I would agree with Serge that it certainly seems to the outside world as though most Americans support Israel, they certainly don't kick up too much of a fuss about the exorbitant amounts of money they give them anyway. Is there any kind of trustworthy opinion poll out there I wonder?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

sergeriver wrote:

Ok, 13 people voted they'd support Apartheid.  Let's go with the 80% who voted for human rights.  I wonder how many out of this 80% support Israel.  The "Israel is not my country" card doesn't work here.  So, how come most people wouldn't support Apartheid but most people support Israel?
I support Israel, and your analogy does not wash serge. The Israelis are fighting for survival not for superiority, against people that want to, and have set out to, AND WOULD, destroy it. You are simply pissed that Israel is winning in that struggle.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I support Israel, and your analogy does not wash serge. The Israelis are fighting for survival not for superiority, against people that want to, and have set out to, AND WOULD, destroy it. You are simply pissed that Israel is winning in that struggle.
I'm pissed that Israel is treating Palestinians like horse shit, and they are  conducting apartheid policies indeed.  In the long term Israel is losing, there's no doubt about it.  Nobody wants Israel wiped, but why do you support a country that's constantly violating human rights?  I don't get it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I'm pissed that Israel is treating Palestinians like horse shit, and they are  conducting apartheid policies indeed.  In the long term Israel is losing, there's no doubt about it.  Nobody wants Israel wiped, but why do you support a country that's constantly violating human rights?  I don't get it.
Because you don't seem to believe that their are nations surrounding Israel that DO want it "wiped". It is a fight for survival for Israel.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Because you don't seem to believe that their are nations surrounding Israel that DO want it "wiped". It is a fight for survival for Israel.
And the way they deal with that is conducting apartheid policies?  GG Israel.  I want my neighbors to like me, I think I'm gonna take a dump in their backyards.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-07-18 06:50:36)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

And the way they deal with that is conducting apartheid policies?  GG Israel.  I want my neighbors to like me, I think I'm gonna take a dump in their backyards.
Are you honestly saying, that based on history, Israel has a choice? Do you think that as soon as Israel lets go of the tigers tail the tiger will go and lie down instead of turn and attack?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Are you honestly saying, that based on history, Israel has a choice? Do you think that as soon as Israel lets go of the tigers tail the tiger will go and lie down instead of turn and attack?
If you hold a tiger's tail it will most likely turn and attack you.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Ya, now it is time to agree to disagree that Israel HAD to grab the tail based on 1948, 1956, 1967, up to today. You read the FACTS about the 6 day war and you know that shit was started by the Arabs.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ya, now it is time to agree to disagree that Israel HAD to grab the tail based on 1948, 1956, 1967, up to today. You read the FACTS about the 6 day war and you know that shit was started by the Arabs.
We will never agree on that.  Anyway, answer this question, do you agree with Palestinians living in these conditions?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

We will never agree on that.  Anyway, answer this question, do you agree with Palestinians living in these conditions?
Nope, I do not, so how about this as a solution? Start by NOT voting in a terrorist group for your govt. then, stop lobbing mortars and rockets into Israel, I can tell you first hand from last night. It ain't fun!! Then put down the suicide vests. Then lets see what happens
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, I do not, so how about this as a solution? Start by NOT voting in a terrorist group for your govt. then, stop lobbing mortars and rockets into Israel, I can tell you first hand from last night. It ain't fun!! Then put down the suicide vests. Then lets see what happens
Nobody is saying those things are right, but while the world remains silent about Israel conducting apartheid policies and bombing the OTs with F-16s, every Palestinian rocket is condemned.  Why not condemn both things?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bullshit it was started by Arabs. The '67 war began by the Israelis bombing the Egyptian airforce while they were still grounded. That has been made abundantly clear.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-07-18 07:16:14)

AutralianChainsaw
+65|6215

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

No I do not support apartheid, but I refuse to label anyone that wants to live a segragated life as a racist or bigot.
If you don't condemn their attitude you are accomplice.  Silence isn't doing the right thing and much less helping those who are racists or bigots.
I see, then I shale condemn ALL the Italians in"Little Italy", ALL the blacks in "Harlem", ALL the Chinese in "Chinatown", ALL the Cubans in "Little Havanna", ALL the Greeks in "Little Greece" ALL of the Koreans in "Koreatown" etc........ as bigots and racists. Or are you saying your attitude is only reserved for WHITE PEOPLE who want to enjoy living amongst their own as well?

I dunno, sounds kinda racist to me Serge.
Omg hes got a point.
Jainus
+30|6593|Herts, UK

sergeriver wrote:

As i've said, the right of Israel (the state) is a question for another time. And i think we agree that they don't have the moral right for apartheid policies so whats your point here?

sergeriver wrote:

I'm in the UK, and not the US. And in the UK I still don't support the blanket blind eye that gets turned to the Israeli/Palestinian affair. Your preaching to the converted here.

sergeriver wrote:

Look to the side of my posts and look at the hometown, still the UK not the US. And sadly most people in the UK still don't care. If you want a comment on the US position, i suggest you level your questions to someone from the US.

In terms of the UK position, yes i do support them.
http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pag … 6522473216
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Bullshit it was started by Arabs. The '67 war began by the Israelis bombing the Egyptian airforce while they were still grounded. That has been made abundantly clear.
It sure has, but you and I both know why they did it so stop acting like Israel was not provoked into action.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Jainus wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

As i've said, the right of Israel (the state) is a question for another time. And i think we agree that they don't have the moral right for apartheid policies so whats your point here?

sergeriver wrote:

I'm in the UK, and not the US. And in the UK I still don't support the blanket blind eye that gets turned to the Israeli/Palestinian affair. Your preaching to the converted here.

sergeriver wrote:

Look to the side of my posts and look at the hometown, still the UK not the US. And sadly most people in the UK still don't care. If you want a comment on the US position, i suggest you level your questions to someone from the US.

In terms of the UK position, yes i do support them.
http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pag … 6522473216
I know you are from the UK.  When I say do you support your country supporting...that doesn't mean YOU.
Jainus
+30|6593|Herts, UK

sergeriver wrote:

I know you are from the UK.  When I say do you support your country supporting...that doesn't mean YOU.
So you ask if I support my country and then say you didn't mean me... wtf? If you weren't addressing my post then why the fuck did you quote it!?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Jainus wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

So you ask if I support my country and then say you didn't mean me... wtf? If you weren't addressing my post then why the fuck did you quote it!?
Chill out.  I changed the OP question to do you support your country supporting a country conducting apartheid...I addressed your post and I also explained why I changed the question.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6724|67.222.138.85
I should hope the US would never even think of instating these kind of policies.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I should hope the US would never even think of instating these kind of policies.
Sadly, some countries do.  We know what happened in South Africa for several decades.  That didn't end well.  We can hope that Israel and West Bank, at least, achieve peace and Palestinians (most of them at least) can live freely in their own country.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard