David.P
Banned
+649|6274
Ok so i know the M16 has that 20% damage loss per shot for each pull of the trigger(Hence why you need 3 bursts to kill an armored target) But it's gone too far! It pisses me off that it get's me killed so easily when in a cqc confrontation against an enemy with a G3,AK47,Rpk74, Etc.

Today as clansucks(My smacktard account) I was USMC assault on wake, I see 3 PLA Assault soldiers(All have the assault skin and AK47) I'm low on ammo, No under barrel grenades,. They are capping the beach in the little sandbag bunker, I stand up see one of them 3 bursts and he's dead, Another one stands up another 3 bursts and dead. I swoop around to the entrance dolphin dive and i am face to face with the last guy, I shoot he shoots after 2 bursts i'm dead he's still alive. I should have won if i had a g36e they all would have been dead with less rounds.

I think EA should remove it once and for all. I know it would make it as powerful as the G36e... But damnit! USMC always gets shafted. Think about it. The Saw is horribly in-accurate, We have a bolt action sniper rifle instead of a semi-auto like the other 2 armies(Where's my M14 EA?) Mp5 is not living up to it's reputation,  Shotty is ok(but the saiga easily outclasses it at 10m and up) F35 has a huge hitbox, M1 abrams has the biggest under turret hitbox of all the tanks, And the humvee is the weakest heavy transport, Only good thing we have is the M4. If you look at all the other sides they're weaknesses are balanced out extremely well but not USMC, The only advantage they had was the blackhawk(Even though i've never used it in vanilla, I've whored it so much in basrah on PR, I've learned why the older members reminisce about it so much) Please dont tell me about the cobra, It's easy to defeat if you can aim.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-14 19:55:24)

farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6531

/rant over?
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6720|Melbourne, Australia
i think they should just leave the game as it is unless they plan on refering back to 1.03 or 1.12

or

put all there effort into fixing hit rego
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6342|Atlanta, Georgia
Play better, strategize, dont blindly rush in I love m16 when im medic whoring with andoura thats all i use. That or the first unlock. Its not that bad of a gun if you know how to use it.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6639|Montreal, Qc, Canada

NeXuS4909 wrote:

Play better, strategize, dont blindly rush in I love m16 when im medic whoring with andoura thats all i use. That or the first unlock. Its not that bad of a gun if you know how to use it.
Nexus love playing with me because i pwn so bad... he always get health and he always get revived !!

damn me why am i so good at this game?
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6342|Atlanta, Georgia
Go die now "andy"
agent146
+127|6387|Jesus Land aka Canada
i use m16 strictly as a long range rifle. so ya..
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

M-16 rules on semi at long range.
CloakedStarship
+76|6566
1st: Calm down buddy

2nd:

David.Podedworny wrote:

The Saw is horribly in-accurate
U must not use the saw too much, its a brilliant gun.  Trick with it is to never scope, if your unscoped, then you'll be able to get some excellent shots.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

CloakedStarship wrote:

2nd:

David.Podedworny wrote:

U must not use the saw too much, its a brilliant gun.  Trick with it is to never scope, if your unscoped, then you'll be able to get some excellent shots.
Really?  I have to try that some time.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

some_random_panda wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

2nd:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Oh yes don't scope it, unless you fire one round a time.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas
^^^ I remember Gary was moving toward with his SAW, array of bullets and I'm dead. He didn't scope or prone, just walked and killed me.

Must be some aura he has.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6443|SoCal

some_random_panda wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

2nd:

David.Podedworny wrote:

All support weapons are outstanding unscoped.  The only weapon I iron-sight is the RPK on short bursts.

Last edited by geNius (2007-07-14 22:19:05)

https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6148|Texas
There was 3 guys capping a flag and you didn't use the GL?
Smithereener
+138|6316|California

GGF0RCE wrote:

There was 3 guys capping a flag and you didn't use the GL?

OP wrote:

I was USMC assault on wake, I see 3 PLA Assault soldiers(All have the assault skin and AK47) I'm low on ammo, No under barrel grenades,.
bofh999
+1|6599
but i agree
the us army is underated in a vehikles and weapons

but its the only on playing against all other 2 armys.

ok i know bf2 isnt a ralistic game and should not be one but the (i think) second securest tank in the world (with the exception of the israelis tank) so much underated against an t90. and the modernest stealth jet without a real chance angains the others jets ..... sorry i cant understand that

also that in the original bf2 the us army fight agianst chinese and mec on their ground is a thing to think about it,.. in these time a real thing to think about

also the m4 isnt deadly on body shots sorry but why not? if a good sniper can kill me with 2 or 3 shots bevore i can reload and aim again. this isnt fair balance
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land

David.Podedworny wrote:

Ok so i know the M16 has that 20% damage loss per shot for each pull of the trigger(Hence why you need 3 bursts to kill an armored target)
is that a joke or something?
Smithereener
+138|6316|California

bofh999 wrote:

but i agree
the us army is underated in a vehikles and weapons

but its the only on playing against all other 2 armys.

ok i know bf2 isnt a ralistic game and should not be one but the (i think) second securest tank in the world (with the exception of the israelis tank) so much underated against an t90. and the modernest stealth jet without a real chance angains the others jets ..... sorry i cant understand that

also that in the original bf2 the us army fight agianst chinese and mec on their ground is a thing to think about it,.. in these time a real thing to think about

also the m4 isnt deadly on body shots sorry but why not? if a good sniper can kill me with 2 or 3 shots bevore i can reload and aim again. this isnt fair balance
The 35 isn't meant to be a stealth fighter I think. Anyway, USMC gets the F18 which can dodge missiles with relative ease. Personally, the only real unfair balance is the F35 vs. J10 matchup. Or if you want to count the Essex's, since you get two of them (a total of 16 missiles) to defend the carrier, while an airstrip gets... one stationary AA (2 missiles)? But most people don't think of using the far Essex.

There are countless videos of the M16 being used as a good CQB weapon, despite the idea that it's 'supposed' to be a mid/long range weapon. Likewise, a lot of videos with some impressive mid/long range shots with the AKs. The M1 having a bigger profile or a slightly bigger hitbox under the turret is negligible in my opinion, seeing as this isn't really going to be a HUGE factor in overall gameplay. I don't know if there is a 'weakness' with the heavy transports, they're nearly all the same IMO, with the exception being that the driver of the Vodnik can't be shot out from the back. The MP5 is a huge dissappointment compared to CS, but when comparing it with the other two stock SMGs, it's actually not half bad.

Sleep Time Anyway, the game is overall, balanced quite well IMO. At least enough to play decently. None of the factions have a HUGE advantage/disadvantage in any map.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6764

David.Podedworny wrote:

Ok so i know the M16 has that 20% damage loss per shot for each pull of the trigger(Hence why you need 3 bursts to kill an armored target) But it's gone too far! It pisses me off that it get's me killed so easily when in a cqc confrontation against an enemy with a G3,AK47,Rpk74, Etc.

Today as clansucks(My smacktard account) I was USMC assault on wake, I see 3 PLA Assault soldiers(All have the assault skin and AK47) I'm low on ammo, No under barrel grenades,. They are capping the beach in the little sandbag bunker, I stand up see one of them 3 bursts and he's dead, Another one stands up another 3 bursts and dead. I swoop around to the entrance dolphin dive and i am face to face with the last guy, I shoot he shoots after 2 bursts i'm dead he's still alive. I should have won if i had a g36e they all would have been dead with less rounds.

I think EA should remove it once and for all. I know it would make it as powerful as the G36e... But damnit! USMC always gets shafted. Think about it. The Saw is horribly in-accurate, We have a bolt action sniper rifle instead of a semi-auto like the other 2 armies(Where's my M14 EA?) Mp5 is not living up to it's reputation,  Shotty is ok(but the saiga easily outclasses it at 10m and up) F35 has a huge hitbox, M1 abrams has the biggest under turret hitbox of all the tanks, And the humvee is the weakest heavy transport, Only good thing we have is the M4. If you look at all the other sides they're weaknesses are balanced out extremely well but not USMC, The only advantage they had was the blackhawk(Even though i've never used it in vanilla, I've whored it so much in basrah on PR, I've learned why the older members reminisce about it so much) Please dont tell me about the cobra, It's easy to defeat if you can aim.
M16 is fine.
m249 is very accurate if you know how to use it.
Bolt actions are better.
Mp5 is 1337.
S12k has nothing on the pump in close range.

I dont play with vehicles so I couldnt explain the f35 or anything. Anyways GG
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

David.Podedworny wrote:

Right, lets go through where you're wrong.
M249 Saw = The best LMG, IMHO. It spits out so much lead, accuracy really doesn't matter, just fire in short bursts
M16, Control the recoil, and fire the burst into the head, problem solved
M24, Joint best SR in the game, Accurate, not so loud
Remington, Shouldn't be outclassed by a Saiga, if you have a clue how to use the shotgun.
Mp5- actualy quite accurate, use that to your advantage
Humvee-Not as roll happy as the other 2
F35-Most stable bombing platform makes for easy bomb kills, and at stratorun, is the fastest jet in the game.
Abrams- Has the clearest HUD imho
Blackhawk-Easily the best transport helo in vanilla
Cobra-Easily the best chopper in a chopper v chopper situation, and a good gunner can be just as deadly against troops, as a mi28 can be.

Just control your fire
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

As fathearted13 said, the Cobra is the best chopper in the game when it comes to manueverability (spelling?). And the M249SAW... It's the greatest CQB weapon of all (After GL's ) and if you use the iron sights, prone and fire in "semi", it's a f&/)=ยค% sniper! And the assault M16 is also a bit of a sniper... accurate as hell. And if you have good hitreg, it takes two bursts to kill any target. Proof: The M16 does 30 damage per shot. Three shots in a burst. Light guys (Medic, engineer, spec ops, sniper) have 100 health, heavy guys (Support, AT, assault) have 149 health. 30x3 = 90. 90x2 = 180. So, unless you miss some shot or have horrible hitreg or ping, you can kill any guy on two bursts.

And the M1A2 can aim the highest of all tanks. Therefore, it's the best to take down choppers with. It's also better, because it's TURBINE POWERED!!!!!1111

And teh M24, it's as accurate as the L96, but has slightly less bullet drop and less side-to-side deviation on longer ranges.

The F35 can outfly any missile on 850m latitude. Easily. And it drops the bobmbs from the center of the plane, making bombing slightly easier.

Shotgun on Karkand = pwn.

And the MP5 is a really good gun, if you know how to handle it, but I think the Bizon (PP-19) eats the MP5 any day
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

CloakedStarship wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Really? I almost always use it scoped and find it works very well...
Might have to try that.

David...I really dont know wtf you are on about with the Cobra. Its the best attack heli in vanilla as its small and very agile. The Z10 is comparable but a little less maneauverable. It depends if you are talking about whoring Sharqi or a map like Dalian. As for "learning to aim"...isnt that the same for any heli in the game?
And whats this about the Humvee? All heavy transports are the same in terms of armour afaik, but the hummer gets an advantage as it has the lowest profile of the three. And thats not a US advantage?
Ok, so the M1A2 has a bigger "under the turret" area. And? 2 shots on the front tracks of any tank = tank dead. To hit that area under the turret requires a lot of luck (and skill) as how often is the gun pointing straight up?

MP5? Ok, its not that great in BF2 (although I have had a few very good rounds with it)...but its not as though the PLA's T85 is better. And the MP5 > PP19 anyday.

I notice you forgot about the LAV-25. Easily the best APC in the game. The PLA's WZ551 is also very good but its turret is higher up, so close range against troops it can often not shoot at troops that the LAV can. BTR-90 is just, well, shit.
Oh, and the M6 Linebacker. That thing is better than the Tunguska and PGZ-95 in all areas: cannon, low profile, clear HUD, effective vs infantry, effective vs jets+helis, oh, and can also give an APC a run for its money. Tunguska? I dont think so. PGZ95? Have you seen how weak its gun is?

USMC always gets shafted? Lets look at Armoured Fury.
Jets. A10? Best jet in AF. Hands down. Q5 drops its bombs staggered and pulls up slowly, as does the Su39. Although in the right hands they are good, the A10 will always be the superior of the 3.
Helis. If you are going to tell me that the MD530 is inferior to the WZ11 and EC635 then you have another thing coming. It is easily the best scout heli. End of story.

As far as Im concerned, each army has its advantages and disadvantages. So what is the US has a few things that make it more vulnerable in comparison? Thats what makes the game, and any game, fun. Each team has things that you can exploit for your own advantage. If everyone had the same tank, same jet, same heli, same guns: it would become boring. Very quickly.

Last edited by Snake (2007-07-15 04:40:44)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
O aye forgot about AF, A10+Littlebird>Anything else the mec/pla get
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
CloakedStarship
+76|6566

Snake wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Really? I almost always use it scoped and find it works very well...
Might have to try that.
I find that using the iron sights on that thing is equivalent to firing blind.

Snake wrote:

Jets. A10? Best jet in AF. Hands down. Q5 drops its bombs staggered and pulls up slowly, as does the Su39. Although in the right hands they are good, the A10 will always be the superior of the 3.
Me <3 SU39
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6491|Menlo Park, CA
The M16 is one of the best weapons in the game. . . . . fucking reload, pace yourself and run in and suprise the guy!  The 3 round burst is killer in CQB situations. . . . obviously you need to log some more game time to figure that out!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard