-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6745|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
Hey guys, i've been able to play bf2142 just fine before, i didnt do anything with the computer, installing new programs etc, changing registry settings, or whatever, nada. all ive been doing for the last few days was play bf2142, cnc3, bf2142, cnc3, thats all.

why do new problems always arrive when you do absolutely nothing? computers are supposed to be logical. a + b = c. if u dont change anythign with the computer, there shouldnt be any problems.

unfortunately now my bf2142 can't even get into servers, load the maps anymore. it loads, and it loads SLOW, then the entire game freezes at 3/4 of the way there or 1/2. i cant press escape to unload resources, i cant ctrl alt delete (or ctrl shift esc as vista would have it) the entire application just froze.

this all happend right after i installed the recent windows updates:

i updated it on june 11th.

now is june 12th and i cant freakin play anymore.

so what do i do? i uninstalled the wretched updates. restart, extra restart (just in case, problems arise in computers out of nowhere so i assume this sort of voodoo magic might work), start bf2142 and try to join server but it doesnt work. also freezes. then i google bf2142 and windows update to see if anyone has the same problem. sure, they might, but its only similar and not the same. for example, their problem was all the way back in 2006, in the early patches of bf2142 when bf2142 said not to install a particular windows update. ladies and gentlemen, my comptuer is not that ancient in updates, the last time i updated it was june. then anotehr source on the internet says to delete the Battlefield 2142 folder in My Documents so the game can reload all the stuff it reloads when you load maps. done. i deleted that folder, restarted my computer, turned on bf2142 and reset all my video settings. i then try to load a map, with the title saying "Optimizing shaders, this happens whenever you change video settings" and it FREEZES AGAIN AT 3/4 of the LOAD!!! WHY!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!

i'm in tears right now, please help me

computer:

64 bit system, windows vista, intel dual core 2.4 ghz e6600, geforce 8800 gtx, 2 GB of 800 hrz corsair 4-4-4-12 ram.

i run the game on 1600 x 1200, with everything medium. i dont think game settings is an issue since those settings worked fine for 2 months.

windows updates:

Security Patch for Microsoft .NET framework, version 2.0 (KB929916)   - Important
Security Update for Windows Vista for x64 based systems (KB935807)  - Important
Update for Windows Vista for x64 based systems (KB936357) - Important
Update for Windows Mail Junk Email Filter for x64 based systems [July 2007] (KB905866) - Recommended
Update for Windows Vista for x64 based systems (KB933928)  - Recommended
Update for Windows Vista for x64 based systems (KB935280) - Recommended
Update for Windows Vista for x64 based systems (KB937077) - Recommended

all of these updates were 'published' (as it says) July 10th 2007
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
okay after hours at work i found out i had to rename a radial file. it had nothing to do with windows update. i also deleted the my documents bf2142 file again too just in case.

i fixed it, anyone else having the same problem as me go here:

http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showt … did=372253
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

okay after hours at work i found out i had to rename a radial file. it had nothing to do with windows update. i also deleted the my documents bf2142 file again too just in case.

i fixed it, anyone else having the same problem as me go here:

http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showt … did=372253
A quick search HERE would have yielded the same results, I know, I had the same issue, got the fix here.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
yeah but the thing was i was convinced it had something to do with windows update so i searched 'loading maps windows update' and i couldn't find anything

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard