xgloryx
+3|6239

SteikeTa wrote:

Another thing you can do is aim high above and just fire away. Won't lose the lock you have on them when they drop flares.
That's what I typically do.  Aim high and fire two the moment I get a lock, usually at least one will hit regardless of flares.  But then again, I'm not a very good pilot (:
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6671
it depends on the skill of the enemy pilot, the jets involved, and what angle youre at compared to the person youre chasing. The lower the angle, the higher the chance of hitting, so the less missles you will probably need. On the other hand, if your enemy wont give you a second chance quickly, or its going to be your only chance, fire them all and pray. For instance, when chasing a MiG you're going to want to fire as many as you can to ensure that you shoot him down before he gets away. While chasing a lesser jet, you can take your time and wait for a good shot.

As for J-10's and F-18's, you can either spam and pray, or use more advanced tactics
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6526|Los Angeles, California
Generally, 2 for bombers/F35, 3 for any other fighter and the SU-30, and as many as it takes to kill the damn j10. (Pilots I usually fly against are okay, as in they're not completely stupid and I can't really gun them down because they realize it)
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6613|Toronto-Canada
i minigun them, unless i know that they r good pilot i fire one and then after the deploy flares, i fire two which is enough to kill it
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6548|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
I fire all of them as fast as I can and then I fly away realy realy fast.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6159
I like gunning the crap pilots down.  A lot of people won't even change course unless you lock them.  Yesterday I shot about 4 down using the cannon solely because my target started dodging a bit, then went back to flying straight just because I wasn't locking 'em.  Easy kills   Oh and when chasing J-10s in an F35-B, just get right behind them, switch to missiles and IMMEDIATELY spam off 4 (don't wait for a lock, they will hit regardless).  You'll usually hit with 2-3 if you're close enough -- it's the only way I can consistently take out J-10s.  The moment they start turning, no missiles will hit 'em.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6639|Gold coast, Aus.
Normally I use the MG until the nubr starts weaving around so i lock on and spam all my missiles til he dies :>

If its j-10 vs F-35 i shoot two and start flying in the opposite direction.
woodrot
I Need A Dump
+25|6748|sunderland england
i fly with bomb site & use guns when they use flairs
and i get a good lock i fire 3

Last edited by woodrot (2007-07-12 10:22:21)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6511|N. Ireland
F35 v J10 = 4, and then another 1 after a short break if I am still locked;

Anywhere else, I normally fire 2 or 3.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6664
all of them
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6707|London, UK
I shoot one then when enemy pilot deploys flares its one again or two if plane is not smoking, but against J-10s it depends if the pilot is good or noobie I spam at least 3/4.
']['error
Banned
+630|6662|The Netherlands
machine gun until they start to evade, then after the flares 1 or 2 missiles, depending on the health of the enemy jet.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6271|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
I lock on, wait for him to blow chaff, then quickfire 2 into him, and follow up with cannons.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard