usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Not sure when CNN had credibility, but ok.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

usmarine2005 wrote:

Any station that answers to sponsors have compromised credibility, which is pretty much all of them ...except your favourite, the BBC (which is subject to the objectivity/subjectivity of it's board and regulators)
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Any station that answers to sponsors have compromised credibility, which is pretty much all of them ...except your favourite, the BBC (which is subject to the objectivity/subjectivity of it's board and regulators)
BBC lost credibility a long time ago in my book.  When an American pilot in Afghan killed a British soldier, not once in the article did it mention the forward air controller was British.  I saw the word US numerous times, but not one mention of the Brit calling in the strike.  That seemed too obvious to me.
topthrill05
+125|6580|Rochester NY USA

Cougar wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

FUCK YOU FOX.
huh? i missed where Fox news screwed up here...
Their mere existence is a gigantic fuck-up.
Oh that explains it.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

usmarine2005 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

BBC lost credibility a long time ago in my book.  When an American pilot in Afghan killed a British soldier, not once in the article did it mention the forward air controller was British.  I saw the word US numerous times, but not one mention of the Brit calling in the strike.  That seemed too obvious to me.
The BBC can be biased like everyone else, their bias is often not as glaring as the likes of FOX because they present their news in a much less hype-oriented way and thus it can go under many people's radar. I think the only way to get the 'truth' is watch them all and decide what seems most likely on the balance of things. Reuters are often quite good as a sole news source. AP are supposedly quite good too.
CC-Marley
+407|6830

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

they let michael moore back on to talk about the bullshit coverage. Lmao he was so pissed even his second chin was yelling at them.
LOL. Funny!
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6656|Teesside, UK

Braddock wrote:

ncc6206 wrote:

Michael Moore is not a person you want at a debate. He is unable to remain civil in conversation and makes every question into a personal accusation.  I am surprised CNN didnt cut off his mike and send him packing. I think he is in love with Hillary.
I can't believe cutting someone's mic is seen as legitimate common practice in news debates in the US? I've never seen someone's mic cut on them in British news interviews ...not even when George Galloway is on SKY news bashing Rupert Murdoch.
Exactly.  Its highlights the news anchors inability to provide a decent counter argument so they try to shut the guest up and tell them to go away.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6455|Ontario, Canada
All you people bashing Moore, are afraid to look at the facts, your health system blows.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

d4rkst4r wrote:

All you people bashing Moore, are afraid to look at the facts, your health system blows.
Not that much different than the UK honey.  With both have public and private healthcare.
Sorcerer0513
+18|6544|Outer Space

usmarine2005 wrote:

I'm sorry, I've seen that stated several times by people on this site but I can't find anything about FAC being British. Do you have a source for that?

Was FAC Manila Hotel, or was it Costa 58?I was under the impression that it was Manila Hotel. I believe Manila Hotel and Manila 34 were both American, also Lightning 34 and Sky Chief, Costa 58 was British? Can anyone shed some light on this?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I'm sorry, I've seen that stated several times by people on this site but I can't find anything about FAC being British. Do you have a source for that?

Was FAC Manila Hotel, or was it Costa 58?I was under the impression that it was Manila Hotel. I believe Manila Hotel and Manila 34 were both American, also Lightning 34 and Sky Chief, Costa 58 was British? Can anyone shed some light on this?
There is a thread some where in this section that shows the FAC as being a Brit.  Have fun searching because it is burried deep.
Sorcerer0513
+18|6544|Outer Space

usmarine2005 wrote:

There is a thread some where in this section that shows the FAC as being a Brit.  Have fun searching because it is burried deep.
Yea, just found something on the subject, guess where ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6318565.stm

BBC wrote:

No response

"I asked for a 'Stop Stop Stop, check fire', at which everyone in our forces is supposed to stop firing."

But he said he got no response from air controllers and the planes attacked again.

He said: "When they came through and engaged again, I got onto the net [radio network] and then screamed a 'Stop stop stop' again.

"However, the British Forward Air Controller basically said they were rogue pilots that were working on their own."

The inquest continues.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6455|Ontario, Canada
BBC's a good media.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6712|Sweden
Only media i trust are my eyes and ears
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6685|The Lou

d4rkst4r wrote:

lol... how is listening to some overweight liberal going to help our health care system any better? It won't, it will just make Michael Moore rich so he can pay for his health insurance (Can't be cheap with all that weight he's carrying.)
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6766|Dallas

HURLEY wrote:

d4rkst4r wrote:

lol... how is listening to some overweight liberal going to help our health care system any better? It won't, it will just make Michael Moore rich so he can pay for his health insurance (Can't be cheap with all that weight he's carrying.)
OR PERHAPS IT MIGHT INFORM YOU ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT, INSTEAD OF BEING AN IGNORANT PRICK WHO REFUSES TO WATCH A MOVIE BASED ON A LABEL GIVEN TO THE DIRECTOR BY THE AMERICAN MEDIA.

Unless you've watched it or done some research (and I'm pretty sure you haven't or you would have formulated a better response than that), then you aren't qualified to have an opinion on the subject so shut the hell up.

That goes for the rest of you dumbasses too, that think the movie is wrong, lies, gay, stupid or any other witty adjective labels, merely because Michael Moore made it.  Go watch it, research it or shut up and go die in a chemical fire.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6712|Sweden
I´m pretty confident the point, message Moore wanted to make with Sicko is that we the people should take care of each other, and for some of you if you´re gonna bash Moore leave the retarded comments about him beeing over-weight out that´s not relevant only dull.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

It is impossible to find an unbias news source these days. I find myself watching John Stewart more than the actual news stations. I mean sure, theres BBC, but they have their own little workings that I doesn't not very much like.

Make your own news, works wonders.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6742

Fox doesn't get what it hopes for in this interview about Michael Moore with the film makers of manufacturing Dissent.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Cougar wrote:

That goes for the rest of you dumbasses too, that think the movie is wrong, lies, gay, stupid or any other witty adjective labels, merely because Michael Moore made it.  Go watch it, research it or shut up and go die in a chemical fire.
Funny.....you may want to go look at your own posts and get off your soapbox.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire
I was arguing with a Texan in Paris a while back about US foreign policy and this guy would actually cover his ears and walk away when I brought up Fahrenheit 9/11 or Michael Moore, his friend said he had never watched the film or anything by Moore because he was an anti-American traitor. That to me is sheer ignorance, I hope all you Moore bashers have the sense to watch his films before picking holes in them otherwise you have no grounds upon which to make any comments.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Braddock wrote:

I hope all you Moore bashers have the sense to watch his films before picking holes in them otherwise you have no grounds upon which to make any comments.
I have watched them all.  He delivers facts, but only the facts to support his goals.  He is the fox news of movies.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

usmarine2005 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I hope all you Moore bashers have the sense to watch his films before picking holes in them otherwise you have no grounds upon which to make any comments.
I have watched them all.  He delivers facts, but only the facts to support his goals.  He is the fox news of movies.
I presumed you had watched them first. You are correct in your statement by the way, I've said this myself in other threads.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland
Every time Micheal Moore tells a lie he puts on another gram of fat.
If he does another movie he will explode. 

btw Cougar, sorry that John Kerry and Al Gore lost the election. /hugs  Now go have the best damn liberal day ever, maybe go to the beach and enjoy the nice Global Warming heat, or better yet maybe you could smoke a bowl in your parents basement while watching Foxnews and telling your friend about your latest conspiracy theory.

Stay Green and Vote Hillary in 2008!!!!!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Lotta_Drool wrote:

btw Cougar, sorry that John Kerry and Al Gore lost the election. /hugs  Now go have the best damn liberal day ever, maybe go to the beach and enjoy the nice Global Warming heat, or better yet maybe you could smoke a bowl in your parents basement while watching Foxnews and telling your friend about your latest conspiracy theory.

Stay Green and Vote Hillary in 2008!!!!!
lawl

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard