Homercide
+21|6582
I don't know if this is posted before, but today something strange happend while playing on a public server. At karkand I was sitting in the turret of the tank at spawn and one of the APCs was making a fool of himself blocking the road, then I started shooting at his turret with the 50 cal and very soon I started getting teamdamagepoints. Afterwards I started an empty server to try this out on my own and found out that if you shoot the APC with the 50 cal at it's turret, right about where the barrel is, it starts to take damage very rapidly. With a little luck you can blow it with one single burst before overheat. Don't know if this is a glitch, because I thought APC was immune against bullets. As far as I know this is the only spot it takes damage from bullets.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6657|can
Yep, but I think it only works with the LAV.
Ryan
+1,230|6858|Alberta, Canada

I've never noticed this, but good luck hitting the APC in that precise spot during a tank battle.
Homercide
+21|6582
I forgot to test it with the personal weapons though, do you know if this works as well?
It's pretty hopeless though to make benefits of this in battle I guess.
What happen if you shoot a missile at this spot? Is it a one-hit-kill?
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6545|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Works with the minigun aswell.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6276

Ryan wrote:

I've never noticed this, but good luck hitting the APC in that precise spot during a tank battle.
Obviously you don't armor whore. Homercide is right and it is only on the lav. Also there are one hit shots on the tanks you noobs just have to find them.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6478|meh-land
don't call longtime forum vets noobs on here...
People won't like you if you do that
Homercide
+21|6582
Actually this can be quite good if you're standing behind a fence (like the one be the train in karkand or MECbase), since APC cant shoot through the fences with the cannon, while the 50 cal goes right through. Anyway, if you hit on every shot with the 50 cal it takes shorter time to kill the APC, than killing him with two AT rockets (Because of reload).
One-shot-kills are rare though, I think I can count on one hand the times I've been killed by such.
Ricerckt93
+69|6667

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Obviously you don't armor whore. Homercide is right and it is only on the lav. Also there are one hit shots on the tanks you noobs just have to find them.
I will apologize for Ryan, for wasting your fucking time, that you had to read that!

I have been playing for quite a while also, and did NOT know this either.

Some of us have lives, and don't study every fucking aspect of the game.

Just like Ryan, I never noticed this before.

But I appreciate the little note from Homercide.

So if you know so damn much, why are you wasting your time in here with us "n00bs".
Ryan
+1,230|6858|Alberta, Canada

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Ryan wrote:

We would rather play the game than get all technical finding the 'sweetspots'. Now if the only way you can take an APC/Tank down is with the 'one shot sweetspot', then you are the noob.
CDK3Y
+25|6154|BEHIND YOU!
upload and mark a picture of the apc...that might help you in telling us where the sweet spot is
Ey3
+5|6165
Great find dude..
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6772|06-01
i didnt know that....
guess imma n00b
Ey3
+5|6165
Ah, whats a noob?.. If he truly was a noob he would never noticed
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6611
Oh, ffs.  This was posted on the forums a loooooooong time ago.  I knew this.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6405

Yes, this is old, but how many bullets does it take for a M95 to kill?
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6287

CDK3Y wrote:

upload and mark a picture of the apc...that might help you in telling us where the sweet spot is
The sweet spot is a bit right from the main turret.I think
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6381|California
There was a vid posted here about this, a very long time ago.
Metal-Eater-GR
+490|6287

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

CDK3Y wrote:

The sweet spot is a bit right from the main turret.I think
heres the sweet spot 

https://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9336/apcrenderfs8.jpg
dill13
+67|6208

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

is there is more than one sweet spot on a tank cause i know of one
agent146
+127|6402|Jesus Land aka Canada
ya i heard  that you could kill a apc with a 50 cal placement.......but i play on IO so........nevermind for me but will consider that when i do face an apc with a humvee
Metal-Eater-GR
+490|6287

agent146 wrote:

ya i heard  that you could kill a apc with a 50 cal placement.......but i play on IO so........nevermind for me but will consider that when i do face an apc with a humvee
ull get pwned,its not as easy as it seems,u cant do it unless the apc hasnt spotted u yet
dill13
+67|6208

the sweet spot is on the other side and one tank round will set it on fire m95 does 3/4 bar damage nothing else seems to do anything

Last edited by dill13 (2007-07-11 01:45:52)

Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6538|Little blue planet, milky way

some_random_panda wrote:

Yes, this is old, but how many bullets does it take for a M95 to kill?
About 21-22 before he starts to flame. So anyone saying that it's "just as fast as two AT rockets" has NO idea how long it takes to fire 21-22 M95 bullets.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6206|Roma

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox wrote:

Works with the minigun aswell.
The minigun does damage anywhere on the APC, just not that much
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard