IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6741|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
hehe - Tabloid headlines FTW!!

Canada has announced plans for six naval patrol vessels and a deep-water port in the north to assert its claim to territorial waters in the Arctic.  Other countries, including the US, say the waters are international territory.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6287436.stm
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6360|Vancouver
I suppose a congratulations must be sent to Prime Minister Stephen Harper. He really is fulfilling his campaign promises of asserting our sovereignty in the north- Although, I swear his entire campaign, and all his excuses now, consists of 'It's the Liberals' fault'.

Although, I should point out that his 'assertion' is hardly going well. No one is taking him seriously, and these ships won't change anything, despite the huge price tag! $3 billion is ridiculous for six ships. I'd rather this money be spent elsewhere. Maybe Harper can cut taxes as he promised to do so many times in opposition. Maybe he can implement much better programs than this waste of money.

This just adds another failure to the Conservative government report card.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6163
good luck
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North

Drakef wrote:

I suppose a congratulations must be sent to Prime Minister Stephen Harper. He really is fulfilling his campaign promises of asserting our sovereignty in the north- Although, I swear his entire campaign, and all his excuses now, consists of 'It's the Liberals' fault'.

Although, I should point out that his 'assertion' is hardly going well. No one is taking him seriously, and these ships won't change anything, despite the huge price tag! $3 billion is ridiculous for six ships. I'd rather this money be spent elsewhere. Maybe Harper can cut taxes as he promised to do so many times in opposition. Maybe he can implement much better programs than this waste of money.

This just adds another failure to the Conservative government report card.
he pretty much pulls a /fail on everything he does...
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6521|Little blue planet, milky way
*sigh* Another claim on Danish islands ?
I thought the Cannucks were starting to realize that their military forces are inferior to just about ANY other force in the world... Maybe excepting Andorra or Lichtenstein, but I'm not even sure that THOSE nations wont be able to kick Canadas collective arses if they needed to.
Let them just save their petty cash and NOT buy new patrol boats seeing as it wont make any difference.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6451|Ontario, Canada
look out for our superior military power

/end sarcasm
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire
They should develop nuclear capabilities, that would put a cat amongst the pigeons.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6392|The Gem Saloon
you know, i have always feared an invading force sweeping down from the north on snow mobiles......damn our weakness!!!!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Twist wrote:

I thought the Cannucks were starting to realize that their military forces are inferior to just about ANY other force in the world...
i thought people were starting to realise we have a tiny population(less then california still i think) headed by fucking idiots

Twist wrote:

Maybe excepting Andorra or Lichtenstein, but I'm not even sure that THOSE nations wont be able to kick Canadas collective arses if they needed to.
well, do they have a military slighty larger then a small national guard unit? if so, probably!

Twist wrote:

Let them just save their petty cash and NOT buy new patrol boats seeing as it wont make any difference.
if fucking only

Parker wrote:

you know, i have always feared an invading force sweeping down from the north on snow mobiles......damn our weakness!!!!
so long as we ONLY invade maine, and the rest of the US doesn't help, we could win!

Last edited by krazed (2007-07-10 16:26:20)

danbourg
+2|6155|Qc,Canada

Twist wrote:

I thought the Cannucks were starting to realize that their military forces are inferior to just about ANY other force in the world... Maybe excepting Andorra or Lichtenstein, but I'm not even sure that THOSE nations wont be able to kick Canadas collective arses if they needed to.
i think YOU should realize that we have a bigger army then most people think,,,and a lot of new technologies far more advance than most of the other countries INCLUDING USA!!!   

and may i add....we have the biggest contingent in Afghanistan right now!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and don't tell me its because the entire US nation that are able to walk are in Irak!!!!
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6451|Ontario, Canada
Our Population: 32 million (UN, 2005)

90% of Canadians live within 200 km of the border with the United States, which means that Canada contains vast expanses of wilderness to the north.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

IG-Calibre wrote:

Canada has announced plans for six naval patrol vessels and a deep-water port in the north to assert its claim to territorial waters in the Arctic.  Other countries, including the US, say the waters are international territory.
people like america more then they like canada. If i were canada, i would take all the respect they have already and keep there cool.
We'll nuke there asses, and we can send HUGE ones too cause theres no that big of a distance.
15 more years! 15 more years!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

danbourg wrote:

i think YOU should realize that we have a bigger army then most people think,,,and a lot of new technologies far more advance than most of the other countries INCLUDING USA!!!
and we have how many tanks? how many planes? it doesn't matter if we were twice as big as we really are, we would still get creamed. by pretty much anybody just by sheer numbers

Mitch wrote:

We'll nuke there asses, and we can send HUGE ones too cause theres no that big of a distance.
that makes me lol

Last edited by krazed (2007-07-10 16:35:21)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada

Twist wrote:

I don't get it, your making fun of our Military, and then when we try and make it bigger and better, you tell us not too..

You sir are a fucking Idiot.

And 6 ships is alot for Canada..  And before you Forget, before WWI and WWII we only had a Handful of ships, but by the end of the wars, we had the 3 largest Navy in the World...

And the Price tag is 3 Billion because they aren't just normal Navy Ships, they are also Ice-breakers...
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL

Braddock wrote:

They should develop nuclear capabilities, that would put a cat amongst the pigeons.
Cat among lions maybe...

Most of the nuclear crowd aren't exactly pigeons, and they're the ones who have interests in the Arctic.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6451|Ontario, Canada

Mitch wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

people like america more then they like canada. If i were canada, i would take all the respect they have already and keep there cool.
ROFLLLL!L!11

lay off the hooch buddy.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada

Mitch wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

...... Your Kidding right?

Canadians can Travel around the world and get respect, Americans travel around the world and get spit on..
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Canada is too nice to rule the world.  Even thought they own a shitload of guns, they don't even lock their doors......according to Mr. Moore that is.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

LT.Victim wrote:

Mitch wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Canadians can Travel around the world and get respect, Americans travel around the world and get spit on..
wrong, i get told off alot when i go to the states, so i pretend to be american when visiting, usualy safer.  why can't i meet more friendly americans when i go there
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL

krazed wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Mitch wrote:

wrong, i get told off alot when i go to the states, so i pretend to be american when visiting, usualy safer.  why can't i meet more friendly americans when i go there
Where do you go?
Texas?

Come to Chicago, we love foriegners!!

stay out of Harvey, Cicero, and most of the west side though...
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

S.Lythberg wrote:

krazed wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Where do you go?
Texas?

Come to Chicago, we love foriegners!!

stay out of Harvey, Cicero, and most of the west side though...
...actualy yeah i did lol, nebraska wasnt as bad as those mean mean texans, california was the WORST for it though
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6594|Michigan, USA

krazed wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Eh, I hate Canadians because they bring their worthless coins over here(and only those who bring coins, check or credit please), and I always get them in my change, and you can never get rid of them, better off throwing them away, and yes im aware the Canadian dollar is supposedly increasing in value, dont matter to me canadian money sucks.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-07-10 16:44:45)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

r2zoo wrote:

krazed wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Eh, I hate Canadians because they bring their worthless coins over here(and only those who bring coins, check or credit please), and I always get them in my change, and you can never get rid of them, better off throwing them away, and yes im aware the Canadian dollar is supposedly increasing in value, dont matter to me canadian money sucks.
do what i do when i get american coins, save them and throw them at a bank next time you're in one   we get FLOODED with foreign money when a cruise ship docks

i got a malaysian coins the other day instead of dimes

Last edited by krazed (2007-07-10 16:47:42)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

Mitch wrote:

Have you ever left the United States? In Ireland Canadians are welcomed warmly and treated with respect and hospitality, many people regard Canadians to be like 'Americans with all the bad qualities knocked out of them'! When I've been on my travels around Europe I've seen noticeably warmer responses to Canadians compared with Americans.

I hate to tell you Mitch but being American aint too cool outside America at the moment, unless you're in Albania where they love you for some reason.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6451|Ontario, Canada
I like getting American Money, its so green and when I go into stores, everyone thinks I'm rich.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard