Poll

Critically wounded view

Looking up, someone is teabagging me53%53% - 32
Looking straight ahead + twitchy when moving the mouse40%40% - 24
Other please specify6%6% - 4
Total: 60
Sambuccashake
+126|6601|Sweden
Well I've noticed from frag videos that the "Critically wounded view" differs from player to player.

The standard view supposedly is the one where you find youself on your back looking up.

For some reason I never experience this.
Feels more like I instantly go prone and the hud crosshair and hud disappears.
Sometimes I don't even notice I'm critically wounded until I move the mouse and everything "twitches".

(It's actually a bit of an advantage since I sometimes can see where my nemesis is going)

So what's your situation, do you look up in the sky and wait for the white light to take you or do you "twitch" around like I do?

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2007-07-10 05:32:36)

Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6504
it does that when you are going to spawn on a beacon

but at a normal base, its the lay on back one
Agradhan
+26|6270|Sweden
Teabagging for me.
Sambuccashake
+126|6601|Sweden

Someone025 wrote:

it does that when you are going to spawn on a beacon

but at a normal base, its the lay on back one
That's a negative.
I never look up when critically wounded.
Spawn beacon, Squad leader, normal base, it's always the same for me.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6723|Germany, near Koblenz
Never thought about things like that and am not able to describe what happens to me. I'm to busy with switching kits, adapting of equipment and checking which spawn point to use next.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6493|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

DerGraueWolf wrote:

Never thought about things like that and am not able to describe what happens to me. I'm to busy with switching kits, adapting of equipment and checking which spawn point to use next.
I stick with one kit... I'm not going to say which otherwise you all will hate me... I concentrate on which flag to cap next and where I should spawn atm.
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6346|England - Kent
I get an outside view looking at my body from an angle.
[Chaos]Assassin
+18|6505

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

DerGraueWolf wrote:

I stick with one kit... I'm not going to say which otherwise you all will hate me... I concentrate on which flag to cap next and where I should spawn atm.
Hmm..it couldn't possibly be support could it?
Edit:  Mine is random, it does both.

Last edited by [Chaos]Assassin (2007-07-10 12:41:08)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
mouse twitching thing.. everytime!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459
Mostly the normal looking up veiw, but sometimes it is twitchy and has the HUD still around, and no blur.

Sort of annoying but it doesn't effect the game at all so I'm not going to complain.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51
I thought it was a bug, the twitchy thingy.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6646|UK
i get a little of both, sometimes i fall thru cellings, and cant look around, other times i am like a ghost and can look all over the place, and sometimes i get a big pair of hary nuts in my face
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus

[Chaos]Assassin wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

DerGraueWolf wrote:

Hmm..it couldn't possibly be support could it?
Edit:  Mine is random, it does both.
Support? Him? Never!

Must be something completely different, perhaps we start a poll just to check what the majority guesses.

Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6412|California, US
sounds like the glitch when you spawn on a beacon
or enter a pod in an APC
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6680|London, UK
I don't even notice I die sometimes, I just notice when I can't move then a medic comes and revive me and I am accidentally stuck in the spawn screen...
Cursed You
+64|6578|Idaho
I never get teabagged, they shoot the shit out of me though.

But I usually get the twitchy view once out of 10 normal views.
Slickfish
+24|6614
I seem to get a mixture, normally on back looking up but it does vary at times.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6582|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Disabling Camera shake causes the wierd twitching.  The death cam works normal when you have camera shake enabled.
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6465|Belgium
Negative I've had it on since the beginning and i always literally get the twitchy thing
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6672|Dayton, Ohio
I personally wish they would just give you a more abrupt notice that you are dead, Half the time you die and the screen doesn't even change, usually when sniped, If you don't hear the shot it take a second just to know you are dead.  I would be all for a red tint the screen or something other than the cross hair just disappearing.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
Signed!
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6627|USA

Sambuccashake wrote:

Well I've noticed from frag videos that the "Critically wounded view" differs from player to player.

The standard view supposedly is the one where you find youself on your back looking up.

For some reason I never experience this.
Feels more like I instantly go prone and the hud crosshair and hud disappears.
Sometimes I don't even notice I'm critically wounded until I move the mouse and everything "twitches".

(It's actually a bit of an advantage since I sometimes can see where my nemesis is going)

So what's your situation, do you look up in the sky and wait for the white light to take you or do you "twitch" around like I do?
the normal view is looking up but on 2142 theres a bug where when u shoot u go under the ground kinda and ur looking forward..so i get both
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6495|Atlanta, GA
yea, i rarely experience the normal way. Especially on a titan. I die and usually for about 2 or 3 seconds i have the exact same view I had while still alive, I can move the mouse sideways and see stuff, then it either acts as if my body like fell through the floor and I can move the mouse, or it zooms out to a third person point of view.
Crotoan
+2|6139
Mostly I get the insta prone and crosshairs are gone, with mouse movement being a little buggy.

But my favorite is when I'm on the titan and I go down, then the screen switches to a weird x-ray vision side-ish view of the titan with no walls, but I can see all the players moving around the titan, where everyone is hiding etc.. 

Actually happens quite a bit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard