SealXo
+309|6535
I went to go see transformers last night, and i've always gone to this theatre since it opened. First 7 then 750, then 8 and so on and now its FUCKING 10.50.

And do you know what that does to most kids without jobs?

BREAKS MY DAMN BALLS!

>.<
I mean, the Irvine Spectrum is FUCKING LIKE 11.50+ for a fucking movie, then if you're an obese bastard you need a small drink (let me mention mostly of huge chunks of ice) and a popcorn. Well fuck theres 10 more dollars right there when I could have gone to In-and-out for 5 dollars (a full meal).

Don't even fucking start me on IMAX films. My nuts might explode?

Maybe if they didn't cost so FUCKING MUCH 'people' wouldn't be downloading movies. Stupid bastards.

I'm sorry but I'm just pissed off when I have to spend 30 bucks every time I want to go to the movies every night.

So is it like this everywhere?

Last edited by SealXo (2007-07-09 08:58:15)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

$9.75 around Washington DC
chittydog
less busy
+586|6834|Kubra, Damn it!

Yup, same way in Texas. I learned to skip the drinks & snacks a long time ago. We do have a theater nearby, though, that just changed to $6.50 tickets for all viewings.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6231
In Dallas it costs around $8.50-$10 for an evening show.  You're right, its ridiculous.  You keep on hearing (in America) about how all these movies are breaking box office records and stuff.  Well its no wonder when they are charging twice as much for the tickets as they did 5 years ago.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6737|The Hague, Netherlands

Near 8,50 here (euros)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
chittydog
less busy

I'm gonna sound old here, but when I first started going to the movies (without my parents) it was $3. I remember being pissed when they went up to $3.25, cuz I had one less quarter to blow in the arcade.
chittydog
less busy

sexecuti0ner wrote:

In Dallas it costs around $8.50-$10 for an evening show.  You're right, its ridiculous.  You keep on hearing (in America) about how all these movies are breaking box office records and stuff.  Well its no wonder when they are charging twice as much for the tickets as they did 5 years ago.
Hey, what part of Dallas are you in? There are a bunch of us in the area. I live in Bedford and work in Las Colinas. Too_money lives in Coppell and the almighty Cougar's somewhere in North Dallas.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6452|Ontario, Canada
$8.50 CND where I live
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6630|New Hampshire, USA
$6 for tickets in NH.  Hahahaha lolroflwtfbbq at you for your californian prices
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

14-17 CHF here: Roughly 12-14USD
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6455|The edge of sanity
6.50 is teh most expinsive

4.50 for matinee
l41e
+677|6647

$7.50 to $10.00 at the theater I go to.
SealXo
+309|6535

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Never thought of that, good point
zeidmaan
+234|6414|Vienna

In Vienna its mostly 5.50 € on Mondays and Tuesdays for everyone and Wednesday for students only. Rest of the week is between 8-10.5

My problem is there is only one decent movie theater in whole Vienna that plays original versions of the movie. Rest of them have it dubbed in German which is horrible.

Also I never buy any crap to eat or drink in the cinema. If its a loooong movie I might bring with me something to drink (im not shy about that) but thats very rarely. Ill rather buy tickets and than go to a pub for a beer.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6582|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
$10 Canadian for the one at my mall, probably cheaper else where.
SealXo
+309|6535

Reject_Wolf wrote:

im gunna be in ottawa in august. (: thats a little cheaper ;thats about 8USD?
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6636|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Tickets - £5.50 here usually
Large Popcorn - £4.00
Large Drink - £3.50

something like that.

then pay for your girlfriend aswell...
geNius
..!.,
+144|6441|SoCal
I generally go to Irvine Spectrum for Dave & Buster's and the Yardhouse.  Alcohol > movies.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6231

chittydog wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Hey, what part of Dallas are you in? There are a bunch of us in the area. I live in Bedford and work in Las Colinas. Too_money lives in Coppell and the almighty Cougar's somewhere in North Dallas.
I live in North Dallas too, right around the Tollway and George Bush.  I work up in Frisco.  I didn't know there were many others from the DFW area.
TGMaverick
+16|6229
There's a theater in my town that charges $3/ticket, $2/popcorn, $2/pop, and $1.50 candy.  They don't show first-run movies though, so you gotta wait a little while for a movie that you want to see to show up there.

There's also a theater in a town about 20 miles from here that has movie matinees for $2, as well as Tuesday night movies for $2.  Concessions are pretty reasonable as well - and they sometimes get first-run movies to boot!  Too bad gas costs so damn much, or I'd go there more often.
Agradhan
+26|6278|Sweden
105 SEK in Sweden for transformers. And a dollar is worth 7 SEK, so the price in USD is 15 USD... Wounder why ppl use the pirate bay...

Last edited by Agradhan (2007-07-09 09:40:17)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6744

SealXo wrote:

Reject_Wolf wrote:

im gunna be in ottawa in august. (: thats a little cheaper ;thats about 8USD?
http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/converter.html

$10 CA = $9.50 US

You can thank Bush for your "thriving" economy...lololol

In Vancouver, tickets can be up to $13, on Vancouver Island where I live, tickets are $11.50. It seems worldwide collusion is in place to profiteer the ticket sales, which is hardly a surprise.
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6640|7th level of hell

sneak in a couple pints of Jack... you'll still be pissed about the high ass cost of going to the theater, but after about 30 minutes, you quit giving a shit!
Balok77
+28|6147
how about you clam down
imortal
+240|6664|Austin, TX
Here in Austin, I go to the Alamo drafthouse http://www.alamodrafthouse.com/

Ticket for the movie, 10 bucks each (me and my girl)
Appatizers and a buket of beer (5 beers) 22 bucks. (cheese sticks and fried pickles)
Main meals (for 2) and a pitcher of diet coke, 23 bucks. (dinner salad or club sandwhich for my fiance, either a burger or pizza for me)
Tip, 5 bucks.

So, about 70 bucks to see a movie and have a meal at the same time.  But the Alamo experience is worth it.

Then again, Both my girl and I work.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard