Poll

Which of equally balanced teams win at Strike at Karkand?

Mec37%37% - 47
Us32%32% - 41
Any which way29%29% - 37
Total: 125
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6144|Some Pub in Valletta
Give your opinion also in writing:
-Reasons
-Best tactics:
                 -IO
                 -Vehicles
-Commanders involvement in the outcome
-Etc......

Screen-shots also welcome!

Last edited by xXCortoMalteseXx (2007-07-08 10:08:14)

daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6568
US

They have an uncabbable base.
Multiple ways to breakthrough to other flags(not hotel).
If its a 32 player map, mec can easily get caught on the other side of the river.
keyoshi
+28|6412
I'd say evenly balanced its a pretty fun game but USMC will win. If they have cars they can take an APC to suburb and or train accident, and then the tank can hold off the mec troops at the hotel. Or both APCs can go one way, such as factory or something, full of 4 guys each, and both drivers are engineer, then you can take on any tank or apc.

But in IO I'd say MEC because USMC has to walk too far and the tickets would get really far down by the time they got a base.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6184|Roma
If it is IO with few players a side, then USMC would win.  But if it is with commanders then MEC will win because hopefully the sneaking would be stopped.  Plus the 101 is pwnage on small Karkand
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
aLeX
.?
+160|6324|:D

Depends on which team I'm on. 

Personally I think it really depends on who's on each side, most people are content just fighting between the USMC uncap and the hotel (IO) meaning the USMC will get base raped and lose. However if you have some experienced players that will actually attempt breaking through to cap flags meaning either side could win.
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.

l-aLeX-l wrote:

Depends on which team I'm on. 

Personally I think it really depends on who's on each side, most people are content just fighting between the USMC uncap and the hotel (IO) meaning the USMC will get base raped and lose. However if you have some experienced players that will actually attempt breaking through to cap flags meaning either side could win.
I think most people find it more fun to fight around the Hotel. As opposed to running around the enemy to go and cap a base miles away that nobody cares about.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

It's very balanced.

THe US team just is much more balanced than MEC
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6671|Middle of nowhere
MEC, because if you have 2 teams of half competent players, the MEC commander will spot all USMC guys that try and get past hotel, the MEC troops will then take them out and USMC will stay stuck at hotel, unless that can somehow manage to get past all the "Frag Grenade!" and Claymores that exist there and actually TAKE the fucking flag
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6135
Depends whether people actually try and win or try and score big points.  If the USMC players are actually trying to cap, then I think the USMC will win.  However, most players are content with spawn-raping and clustering around the hotel (even the skilled players are drawn towards it on pubs).  I must admit that I do the same thing -- I enjoy the battles around the hotel and the flags on the USMC side of the map.  I always find it hard to get a decent battle once the USMC control half of the map and the MEC is restricted to their back flags.  Things get fragmented and the game just ends up in an artillery & armour-fest (where armour camps both sides of the river and nobody can get across).
san4
The Mas
+311|6681|NYC, a place to live

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Depends whether people actually try and win or try and score big points.  If the USMC players are actually trying to cap, then I think the USMC will win.
The US really should win if the teams are balanced. The US can spread out the MEC by attacking any combination of the Suburb, the Hotel and going up the route on the right side of the map to Train Accident. It is very difficult to stop that because even one US player can draw several MEC players up to Suburb, weakening the MEC's defense of Hotel.

Even better, imagine if the US split into two groups, one attacked Suburb, the other went up the right side of the map to Train Accident, and no US players attacked Hotel. That would be deadly in IO.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6671|Middle of nowhere

san4 wrote:

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Depends whether people actually try and win or try and score big points.  If the USMC players are actually trying to cap, then I think the USMC will win.
The US really should win if the teams are balanced. The US can spread out the MEC by attacking any combination of the Suburb, the Hotel and going up the route on the right side of the map to Train Accident. It is very difficult to stop that because even one US player can draw several MEC players up to Suburb, weakening the MEC's defense of Hotel.

Even better, imagine if the US split into two groups, one attacked Suburb, the other went up the right side of the map to Train Accident, and no US players attacked Hotel. That would be deadly in IO.
deadly, but not gonna happen in a pub
JG1567JG
+110|6581|United States of America

genius_man16 wrote:

san4 wrote:

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

deadly, but not gonna happen in a pub
Ya I would love to see every USMC player spawn at the west artillary piece and every one of them go for the suburb, market, square, or train accident first and not even go for the hotel.  A couple of weeks ago I was on Karkand and I snuck around and neutralized the square and ran to the Market and neutralized it then I Neutralized the train accident then I went to cap the Gatehouse the whole time Mec was capping the flags I just neutralized.  I was able to cap the Gatehouse and hold off two guys attacking from the train accident for about five minutes and only one guy spawned at the gatehouse to help.  we ended up getting overrun by 4 or 5 guys in a squad that had snuck around us somehow and right as I died they neutralized the gatehouse.  This whole time the rest of the USMC stayed fighting for the Hotel.  I was calling for backup and even typing into team chat that I had capped the gatehouse and needed backup to hold on to it but only one spawned there out of about 15-20 on my team.  Just a rant that I needed to get out.
BluRR33
+27|6380|Sweden
Love to play as MEC  i have play as them in 83 h in straight
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6282|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

genius_man16 wrote:

MEC, because if you have 2 teams of half competent players, the MEC commander will spot all USMC guys that try and get past hotel, the MEC troops will then take them out and USMC will stay stuck at hotel, unless that can somehow manage to get past all the "Frag Grenade!" and Claymores that exist there and actually TAKE the fucking flag
Hence why they invented the pump-action shotgun and engineer kit.

On IO, anyway.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
xXCortoMalteseXx

keyoshi wrote:

I'd say evenly balanced its a pretty fun game but USMC will win. If they have cars they can take an APC to suburb and or train accident, and then the tank can hold off the mec troops at the hotel. Or both APCs can go one way, such as factory or something, full of 4 guys each, and both drivers are engineer, then you can take on any tank or apc.

But in IO I'd say MEC because USMC has to walk too far and the tickets would get really far down by the time they got a base.
Yes but I've noticed that only one skilled AT is enough to avoid this. I personally got 15 kills under a minute by camping at the edge where the apcs try to circle around. They take a little damage driving down the hill and 1-2 shots only is required to take the apcs out. (they tried it 3 times at my case 3 fully loaded apcs).

More opinions!
^JP^
+5|6150
now, i want to play karkand
xXCortoMalteseXx
You read my mind
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6512|Πάϊ
Vehicles, US win. IO could go either way.
ƒ³
r00ts
xD
+81|6535|Netherlands
MEC, has AK101
xXCortoMalteseXx
Just spent  4hours playing and I'd say Mec won about 80%
Sides changed after every round...
But it was your typical try for the hotel game.
IonYou
+3|6626
MEC usually, but it really depends which team has better teamwork to try and cap flags rather than just score. Especially in the beginning when the tickets are counting down before USMC caps a flag. They have to cap one early to have a chance at winning the match.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary
Either side, a good organized team will always win, regardless of which side they are on
cablecopulate
+449|6730|Massachusetts.
Anybody playing Karkand has already lost.
agent146
+127|6379|Jesus Land aka Canada
in reality each side has a equal chance of winning, seriously even on IO or non IO servers. it depends the realization that each side has to spread.
-the USMC must sneak through everysingle time on the sides to cap a back flag to stop the ticket bleed and then hope their skills in the killing the enemy is better then the MEC.
-the MEC must protect the sides ie the hills on the left and the alleyways on the right for sneaky USMC; do that and get the USMC tickets down 30 and victory is assured. ..............BUT most of the time one team (MEC)  loves to camp hotel like crazy despite that commander is screaming "enemy spotted" on a single blue dot at the factory or one team (UMSC)  loves to rush head long into hotel does not use the right alleyways.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6456|meh-land
MEC actually.  Straight from the mouth of peacemaker...
ahh, can't find the quote.  ah well

well, essentially, he said that with fair teams the MEC will almost always win, simply because of the bleed and more powerful weapons...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard