KuSTaV
noice
+947|6511|Gold Coast
Dude Ravenholm FTW. I love that level. Plus the end level with the charged Gravity Gun where you can pull people toward ya is cool shit too, and was the second best IMO. I hated pretty much all other levels I can think of now though.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Thoruz
+42|6326|Germany

LawJik wrote:

Pwned:
[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2546368113672413738[/google]

Gap at 1:40 is mean...

If that interested you, and you have 3 hours laying around...
the record for hl2 is down to about 1 and a half hour
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6595|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Ender2309 wrote:

on a more humorous note, anybody else notice that valve made the fast headcrabs the black ones?
Black headcrabs are poison headcrabs, fast ones have spindly legs. sorry to burst the bubble i would've found it humerous as well.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6435|UK
ravenholm is the best god damn level!

you noobs
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6577|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
I do hate ravenholm to...dont really know why tho....But i love the whole game that's for sure!
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6561|Southampton, UK

Tip: Gmod + Ravenholm + GmodNuke = Funnies!
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6447|Boulder, CO

golgoj4 wrote:

Ravenholme was a sweet level. I haven't bought any of the add-ons tho. Am i the only 1 that gets sick while playing HL2? Its weird but It makes me physically sick, so i can only play in spurts.
Same so its not just you, i used to get travel sick but i haven't for years, all i need to do is start playing HL2 and after 10-20 mins (depending on the level) i have to stop for a while so i don't throw up. It ruined my experience of the game.

i think its got something to do with the movement speed and the music.
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6274|Outside your Back window
scary i admit! HL, HLOP, HL2 all are amazing
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
I was playing it a dark corner in an unilt room at nighttime, sometimes during a thunderstorm. That was the first "scary" per se game that I had every played and it definately was an enlightening experience. My impression of me is as folllows:

*silence* ... [see any sort of zombie] "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" *SMG spraying* "HOLY ____, WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!?"
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6345|Slovenia
The best thing is when you are on the rooftop without ammo crowbaring those fast noisy zombies.
clink*clink*clink*clink*clink AAAARRGGGGHHHHH!!1 *splat* Grigori, where is my fu**ing ride!!
golgoj4
+51|6774|North Hollywood

Noobeater wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

Ravenholme was a sweet level. I haven't bought any of the add-ons tho. Am i the only 1 that gets sick while playing HL2? Its weird but It makes me physically sick, so i can only play in spurts.
Same so its not just you, i used to get travel sick but i haven't for years, all i need to do is start playing HL2 and after 10-20 mins (depending on the level) i have to stop for a while so i don't throw up. It ruined my experience of the game.

i think its got something to do with the movement speed and the music.
I just think its funny that I willing make myself sick just so's i can chuck some exploding barrels.
Love that game, I just wish I knew how to change it.
Commie Killer
+192|6387
Ravenholm is the SHIT, but in Episode 1 the hospital scene is amazing, I love the ground of zombies baning on the door, and Alyx with the shot gun.
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6706|Alaska
when i first saw those fast headcrabs, it gave me chills

oh btw, i find it wierd that after you go into the mines and come out, its already day, not heavy night as it used to be. Anyone found this wierd too?

Last edited by Dsp-CS- (2007-07-08 13:48:11)

Microwave
_
+515|6655|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

leetkyle wrote:

Ravenholm scared the crap out of me. It wasn't "scary", but when things jump out at you like those fast zombies, I jumped all the time. It was great to get out. Grigori kept me going though!

Little people know this, and I found it out by accident, but there are a few Combine in Ravenholm. They won't shoot you, they will follow you! They help kill zombies before they get killed themselves.  The idea of Ravenholm was to use the Gravity Gun, and to preserve your ammo for Nova Prospekt.

Episode 1 version of Ravenholm was short and sweet, I went through it in one quick swift.
Episode 2 looks horrific. All the time in a forest killing zombies, striders, combines, those cute 3-legged things that will rip your brains out..
He speaks my mind!
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6175|sverige
sound like a good game, maybe a buy?
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Ravenholm was one of the best levels in HL2 imo tbh
Commie Killer
+192|6387

james@alienware wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

Ravenholm scared the crap out of me. It wasn't "scary", but when things jump out at you like those fast zombies, I jumped all the time. It was great to get out. Grigori kept me going though!

Little people know this, and I found it out by accident, but there are a few Combine in Ravenholm. They won't shoot you, they will follow you! They help kill zombies before they get killed themselves.  The idea of Ravenholm was to use the Gravity Gun, and to preserve your ammo for Nova Prospekt.

Episode 1 version of Ravenholm was short and sweet, I went through it in one quick swift.
Episode 2 looks horrific. All the time in a forest killing zombies, striders, combines, those cute 3-legged things that will rip your brains out..
He speaks my mind!
Im guessing when you say "horrific" you mean that in a good way instead of a way that is a synonym with bad.
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6422|My room
I hated Ravensholm. Damn Fast Zombies...when u first hear their howl, and the scene when they jump across the the rooftops...*shudders*.

Follow Freeman was waaay better, especially the crazy Strider battles and the Nexus rooftop...good times, good times.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6654|Teesside, UK

Hurricane wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I hated that level with a passion. Boring as hell, little ammo, just blah. Episode 1 zombie areas much better.
Are you kidding? It was a blast shooting saw blades at zombies.
Don't forget firing paint at them.  It achieved nothing other than making me giggle like a child.
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6422|My room

Ruckel wrote:

sound like a good game, maybe a buy?
Yeah, the entire HL series is worth a buy.
Commie Killer
+192|6387

T1g3r217 wrote:

I hated Ravensholm. Damn Fast Zombies...when u first hear their howl, and the scene when they jump across the the rooftops...*shudders*.

Follow Freeman was waaay better, especially the crazy Strider battles and the Nexus rooftop...good times, good times.
Follow Freeman was ok, except the friendly civilians kept getting in my way.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

The elevator scene in HL E1 is pretty sweet, I reckon the elevator arrives too fast, but I like hacking my way back from the fusebox which can take some time if you wait for a bit for the zombies to mass. I'm a sick fucker, I just like Zombie carnage.

I really hope E2 has a great Zombie scene or two. It looks like a bloody hard game with little down time, of course the teasers probably wouldn't be interested in showing you those. Those cute things with three legs that rip your brain out look like bitches to deal with.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

E2 needs to have a scene where Kleiner earns his keep and makes your gravity gun permanently "super." The super GG fucking rocks.

There should also be a minigun, for mass zombie carnage.

edit: Yeah follow freeman was fun, mainly near the end destroying all the striders. Felt like War of the Worlds

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-07-08 17:48:21)

Commie Killer
+192|6387

Ty wrote:

Those cute things with three legs that rip your brain out look like bitches to deal with.
Those things and the strider's seem like they are everywhere, and I heard you have hardly any ammo as well, you have to use your environment to kill them, stuff like boxes and rocks mostly.
Commie Killer
+192|6387

Hurricane wrote:

E2 needs to have a scene where Kleiner earns his keep and makes your gravity gun permanently "super." The super GG fucking rocks.
I think the reason you lose your super gravity gun is because the game would get kinda boring just running around with that and using that only. Wouldnt be much of a challenge either.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard