Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA
god damn. on difficult its fucking scary!

on a more humorous note, anybody else notice that valve made the fast headcrabs the black ones?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
I hated that level with a passion. Boring as hell, little ammo, just blah. Episode 1 zombie areas much better.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I hated that level with a passion. Boring as hell, little ammo, just blah. Episode 1 zombie areas much better.
Are you kidding? It was a blast shooting saw blades at zombies.
Flaming_Maniac

Hurricane wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Are you kidding? It was a blast shooting saw blades at zombies.
Oh yeah, the saw blades kicked ass. After about halfway through those, once you have lost a saw blade, it gets incredibly old. They could have cut that level in half imo.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

It was great, but I found myself wanting some other means to kill things later in the map.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Ravenholm is one of the best bits I reckon, I remember playing through HL2 the first time and coming into Ravenholm. I saw that torso hanging from the tree and just thought "Well fuck."

I know you don't get very many weapons to play with, but you have to remember that Zombie scenarios are cooler when firearms and ammunition are in short supply.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Flaming_Maniac

Ty wrote:

Ravenholm is one of the best bits I reckon, I remember playing through HL2 the first time and coming into Ravenholm. I saw that torso hanging from the tree and just thought "Well fuck."

I know you don't get very many weapons to play with, but you have to remember that Zombie scenarios are cooler when firearms and ammunition are in short supply.
Did you play episode 1? Zombie scenarios are much cooler when you have a sidekick that specializes in kicking headcrabs straight off bodies Chuy Norris style, no illumination but emergency flares and your flashlight, lots of shotgun ammo, and even more zombies.
-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh
MMMmmmmmm Dooonutz!
+13|6204|Out for donutz!
I like setting the gravity lower so when you hit something with a shot they go flying. 
Go to options and turn on console, enter game and hit ~. Then type SV_Cheats 1 (Has to be the underscore _ ) and then enter to enable. Then type and enter the following.
SV_Gravity 50 =lower gravity
God = like you don't know?
Noclip = yes its here
Impulse 101 = all weapons
Theres a lot of others, like spawning people and monsters as well as the car or boat.
Take care guys.

Last edited by -=]NS[=-G.I.Doh (2007-07-07 22:37:50)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Yeah I've played E1, and the Zombie scene was superb, but I like the derelict houses over the scary underground tunnels. It seems more Zombie-authentic. Also I hate the Zombines, they were annoying, they don't go down easially and the do that grenade thing.
What about the Zombie Hospital? Now THAT was excellent Zombie-engineering, especilly the banging on the doors and stuff.

I reckon E2 or 3 should have a Zombie infested city a'la Dawn of the Dead. That'd be sweet.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Flaming_Maniac

Ty wrote:

Yeah I've played E1, and the Zombie scene was superb, but I like the derelict houses over the scary underground tunnels. It seems more Zombie-authentic. Also I hate the Zombines, they were annoying, they don't go down easially and the do that grenade thing.
What about the Zombie Hospital? Now THAT was excellent Zombie-engineering, especilly the banging on the doors and stuff.

I reckon E2 or 3 should have a Zombie infested city a'la Dawn of the Dead. That'd be sweet.
The elevator part was my absolute favorite of any HL2 scene, followed by the hospital. The grenade thing is great, if you're quick with the gravity gun you can pull it away from them in time to punt it back in their face. Alyx the practically invulnerable bot with a shotgun is just priceless.
aZWARt325
Banned
+7|6159|Long Beach, California USA
u guys sound such like GEEKS
im still like u so dont give me vacation (i learn what that mean it ment ban so i wan use it fewttimes
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT
Ravenholm was very scary when you first played it, because a lot the scares were surprises. However, once you get past these, it does become incredibly repetitive. You kill everything the same (I find it obvious that the level was designed around the Gravity Gun), and the puzzles are always the same too.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

Ty wrote:

The Episode 1: Elevator scene is SCARY.  No lights, zombies everywhere, no flares or explosives, and in short no where to run or hide.  Not enough ammo, either.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6403|Alberta, Canada
"We don't go to Ravenholm..."
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6531|Amherst, MA
Pwned:
[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2546368113672413738[/google]

Gap at 1:40 is mean...

If that interested you, and you have 3 hours laying around...

Last edited by LawJik (2007-07-07 23:09:50)

golgoj4
+51|6774|North Hollywood
Ravenholme was a sweet level. I haven't bought any of the add-ons tho. Am i the only 1 that gets sick while playing HL2? Its weird but It makes me physically sick, so i can only play in spurts.
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6531|Donnacona, Quebec

LawJik wrote:

Pwned:
[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2546368113672413738[/google]

Gap at 1:40 is mean...

If that interested you, and you have 3 hours laying around...
That's called playing a game WAY too much lol
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA
lol! crouch in a corner and the fast headcrap zombies cant hurt you!
Home
Section.80
+447|6848|Seattle, Washington, USA

I though Ravenholm was scary as shit. So was the Ep 1 zombie stuff, but I loved the hospital part. I wish that was 10x as long, it was so fun fighting them in a different environment.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6656|Brisbane, Australia

On another note, did you guys know that the burning zombie screams are actually reversed fucked up screems of "Oh god help me"?
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6531|Donnacona, Quebec

Sarrk wrote:

On another note, did you guys know that the burning zombie screams are actually reversed fucked up screems of "Oh god help me"?
No, but I don't think I'll sleep tonight if I think about that
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6474|Belgium

FredFLQ wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

No, but I don't think I'll sleep tonight if I think about that
That was too much info, u made me scared
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

golgoj4 wrote:

Ravenholme was a sweet level. I haven't bought any of the add-ons tho. Am i the only 1 that gets sick while playing HL2? Its weird but It makes me physically sick, so i can only play in spurts.
It's probably the minute little pauses and hiccups in the framerate. Doesn't make me sick, but pisses the hell out of me when I try to play. Works better on my 9600 Pro than 6800 Ultra, ironically, even if both are set low.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-07-08 01:56:13)

Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6403|Alberta, Canada

golgoj4 wrote:

Sounds like you, my friend, have motion sickness after playing HL2.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
Ravenholm scared the crap out of me. It wasn't "scary", but when things jump out at you like those fast zombies, I jumped all the time. It was great to get out. Grigori kept me going though!

Little people know this, and I found it out by accident, but there are a few Combine in Ravenholm. They won't shoot you, they will follow you! They help kill zombies before they get killed themselves.  The idea of Ravenholm was to use the Gravity Gun, and to preserve your ammo for Nova Prospekt.

Episode 1 version of Ravenholm was short and sweet, I went through it in one quick swift.
Episode 2 looks horrific. All the time in a forest killing zombies, striders, combines, those cute 3-legged things that will rip your brains out..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard