Poll

Will Live Earth make any difference?

Yes10%10% - 10
No64%64% - 63
Live What?25%25% - 25
Total: 98
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6768|Cambridge (UK)
OK, I'm tired, and I'm about to go to bed, so no meaningful OP I afraid (so shoot me!).

Discuss if you want to...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
Probably not, but it is a nice gesture....
0ji
+36|6230|Estados Unidos
I don't think so.  I bet people would just go to listen to the bands and then leave.

Last edited by 0ji (2007-07-07 21:07:48)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Sure, providing all the trucks that were used to get the equipment to the concerts were solar powered.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Any difference that it might have made will immediately be counter acted by the release of pot smoke from those in the audience.

Last edited by mcgid1 (2007-07-07 21:30:42)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Smithereener
+138|6318|California
As much as it has good intentions, I seriously doubt that there will be much, if any, benefit from it. Might open a few minds though.

Last edited by Smithereener (2007-07-07 21:32:57)

RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6539|Chicago
I hate, hate, hate shit like this.

First of all, half these bands don't give a shit and they're just doing it for the publicity. Secondly, (as previously pointed out) it's blatant hypocrisy. It's analougous to having a gigantic clusterfuck to promote abstinence. Thirdly, and most importantly, THE INFORMATION IS OUT THERE. We don't need a bunch of overpaid "hipsters" in torn jeans to tell us. We just choose to be ignorant.

So, no. Not at all.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
Was that a epic Al Gore campaign stump or what?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA
just like  what "Band Aid" did for world hunger........................got all the band members free catering in their air conditioned trailers.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
It spurred me to realize that I don't know who most of the "bands" that will be participating in concerts are.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6485|P-way, NJ
Which one do you think people care the most: Africa or the Earth
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6477|Foothills of S. Carolina

neither, they just wanna see the bands play. I think its funny that Gore is the master mind behind this thing, and I will be real interested to see how the proceeds from this thing are actually spent.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

Yes...

Let everyone fly their jets and drive their cars to this thing, blowing more fumes into the air and intensifying the problem of climate change. A concert will really help, guys.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-07-07 22:36:24)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6757|United States of America
They complain about lights and the energy those use at our home, but then their concert uses like five times as much. Grr... My dad and his friend have actually laughed at it and decided that to offset the carbon footprint even more that they will start to burn things and not buy the recommended light bulbs.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
no, not at all
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6467|Melbourne - Home of Football
I find it really hard to believe so many intelligent forum members missing the point here, Live Earth isn't about saving power or planting trees. It's about raising awareness, there are still people out there that don't know what global warming is, or what they can do about it, that's what Live Earth is for, keep the issue right in the spotlight so the elected representatives that answer to us can do something about it.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Nope, won't do a thing.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

usmarine2005 wrote:

All the electricity to run the stadiums.  All the cars to get people to the shows.  All the private planes taking all the starts around the world.  All the trucks hauling the equipment.

Seems to me they are hurting, not helping the environment.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-07-08 07:18:51)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Fuck Live Earth/Aid/Poverty/Africa/George Bush

It's all just an excuse for artists to do another concert. And what usmarine said, about them and their fucking private jets and 10 litre Hummer H2's, bloody hypocrites.
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

Scorpion0x17
+691|6768|Cambridge (UK)

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

I find it really hard to believe so many intelligent forum members missing the point here, Live Earth isn't about saving power or planting trees. It's about raising awareness, there are still people out there that don't know what global warming is, or what they can do about it, that's what Live Earth is for, keep the issue right in the spotlight so the elected representatives that answer to us can do something about it.
Yeah, this is pretty much my feelings - the concerts by themselves aren't going to solve global warming, but hopefully they've raised some awareness of the issues.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Awareness?  What bottom feeding mouth breather is not aware of environmental issues?

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-07-08 08:44:28)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6768|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine2005 wrote:

Awareness?  What bottom feeding mouth breather is not aware of environmental issues?
maybe the 16 (at the time of posting) people that voted 'Live What?'...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Probably not tbh.

Half the people will probably forget all about it within a week.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard