Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands
I was wondering what you guys think of playing wake infantry only.

I m sure it ll be awesome. Why?

-USMC has boats, the PLA has to walk.
-It ll be much for pla harder to defend the whole island so its much easier for the usmc to grab a flag.
-Wake is a excellent infantry map but in a normal bf2 game you dont get to see much of that because of all the damn jets/choppers/tanks/arty killing you all the time.
-Infantry only is cool!
-Its a big map but distance isnt much of a problem cause its like a 30 sec boatride to shore from the arty island.

Maybe it can be added to the songua cycle?

Anyone up for wake io?

Cheers,

echo.
Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6483
r u sure there are boats?

i dont wanna swim to wake island...
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6625|Teesside, UK
wouldn't all the Chinese just be anti tank and stand at both tips of the main land massacring the us boats?

I know i would

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-07-04 06:08:38)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6490|Adelaide, South Australia

Echo wrote:

-It ll be much for pla harder to defend the whole island so its much easier for the usmc to grab a flag.
I may not be an EU player, but Wrong. If the entire PLA team go AT and sniper, they can easily hold the beaches. If a decent commander PLA commander exists, then the US are even more screwed by not being able to hide behind the draw distance.

Edit: And don't forget: EA ripped out IO Arty, so no hope of the beaches getting cleared for the US either.

Echo wrote:

-Infantry only is cool!

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-07-04 06:09:05)

B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6380|Espoo, Finland
Zatar 32 IO? There are some boats too and it is more balanced.
Echo
WOoKie

Someone025 wrote:

r u sure there are boats?

i dont wanna swim to wake island...
Yes the usmc has boats and PLA have to walk.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

we did it on AU, trust me its gay cause you have to run for ages, then you die, rinse and repeat
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

Echo wrote:

-Wake is a excellent infantry map but in a normal bf2 game you dont get to see much of that because of all the damn jets/choppers/tanks/arty killing you all the time.
-Infantry only is cool!
-Its a big map but distance isnt much of a problem cause its like a 30 sec boatride to shore from the arty island.

Anyone up for wake io?

Cheers,

echo.
Or is it cos you like the map but can neither fly a jet nor a chopper <---just glanced at your stats
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

I have played it... got my gold first aid there. Guess why? Everyone was sniper! From all the players on one side (30+) there were some 3 medics lol
I tell you its a sniper fest though I would play it, because you cant get through to the airfield without constant reviving and living SL. yea, and 20 claymores around flag is normal
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6498|Belgium

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

we did it on AU, trust me, we are gay
Fixed

And yeah it's gay if USMC decides to spawn all on the island and watch the bullets come. One can easily take a boat and 'drive' it by the edges towards beach or something. (seeing that all PLA will be at the top of the islands.)

So I don't mind trying it once.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

crimson_grunt wrote:

wouldn't all the Chinese just be anti tank and stand at both tips of the main land massacring the us boats?
They would, but they have to beat the boats to either point of the island. The US would obviously have a better chance hitting the south side of the island first.

But the whole point of Wake is capturing the airfield. Without vechicles, there's no point in trying to take it over except for knocking out the UAV.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6350|MN

crimson_grunt wrote:

I know i would
You are assuming the boats would go straight to the tips.  They could go way around and land anywhere.  Boats are faster than you running.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6625|Teesside, UK

LividBovine wrote:

crimson_grunt wrote:

I know i would
You are assuming the boats would go straight to the tips.  They could go way around and land anywhere.  Boats are faster than you running.
Yeah but with 5.1 surround sound and a decent gfx card the anti tank is unbeatable against boats long distance

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-07-04 06:36:33)

Echo
WOoKie

LividBovine wrote:

crimson_grunt wrote:

I know i would
Correct. Just going to the tips will be rather stupid cause everybody will be there so just use the outside of the map to go to the airport.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6169|Daqing Oilfields?

crimson_grunt wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

crimson_grunt wrote:

I know i would
Yeah but with 5.1 surround sound and a decent gfx card the anti tank is unbeatable against boats long distance
Luckily for the boats not everyone uses surround sound on their computer
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I've never played Wake IO but I wouldn't mind .
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6490|Adelaide, South Australia

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Echo wrote:

I may not be an EU player, but Wrong. If the entire PLA team go AT and sniper, they can easily hold the beaches. If a decent commander PLA commander exists, then the US are even more screwed by not being able to hide behind the draw distance.

Edit: And don't forget: EA ripped out IO Arty, so no hope of the beaches getting cleared for the US either.

Echo wrote:

-Infantry only is cool!
Echo
WOoKie

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Echo wrote:

Echo wrote:

-Infantry only is cool!
Alright you made you point. Also i dont beleave i ve ever seen you on our server before or am i mistaken? Edit: ow lol you re an aussie.

Last edited by Echo (2007-07-04 07:13:35)

Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

crimson_grunt wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

crimson_grunt wrote:

I know i would
Lets put you with a rocket on land and me with my sniper on the island... who do you think win? A couple of good snipers can easily secure the beaches for boats to land..

I'm all up for Wake IO

on the all go sniper thingie... do people not realise that when all go sniper, most of those snipers can't do shit? I've been able to WALK slowly towards those "snipers" and knife them... when they die they will all go "z0mg, snipers suck!" and go medic instead

Man I really want to try Wake IO now, lots of ATs and noob snipers to kill, just have to figure out who's the good snipers and take them out first

[edit] Btw, this is about the BF2s.com EU server, why the hell do people who has never been on the server and probably never will be on the server care?

Last edited by Hallvard (2007-07-04 07:48:43)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6709|The Hague, Netherlands

we can always try it and see how it goes.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

Echo wrote:

-Infantry only is cool!

Anyone up for wake io?

Cheers,

echo.
Constructive comments/criticism.

• Wake Island has a channeled line of flags, no random running around.
  • Sniper and AT will murder any oncomming boats. They have more cover.
  • There are only 6 boats (2 on the Island, 4 on the carrier), vs alot more AT guys.

I suggest we struggle on making the current I/O rotation the best. I allready got a lot of positive feedback concerning Shongua, and how teamplay orientated that map is, but I am offcourse interested in how it will be accepted by the rest of the community.

So I say we include a 16/32 player version in the current I/O rotation.
Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

btw, the boats soawn even tought the previous one isn't destroyed... if one boat is taken away, another one spawn.. you can basicly have one boat per player on wake...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

Hallvard wrote:

btw, the boats soawn even tought the previous one isn't destroyed... if one boat is taken away, another one spawn.. you can basicly have one boat per player on wake...
But still a boat remains an easy target for those AT/Sniper guys that have a sense of trajectory.
I have seen AT guys shooting down fast moving Mi-35's on SF:Iron Gator with perfect allignment.

A thing that will be lost is raping the carrier since there is no player friendly way of reaching the carrier.

So let's pick the map/player size and make some test runs.
Echo
WOoKie
Yea songua io is pretty cool. I ve played it this week but the same map all night gets boring fast. Maybe we can try out wake in the songua cycle.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

Echo wrote:

Yea songua io is pretty cool. I ve played it this week but the same map all night gets boring fast. Maybe we can try out wake in the songua cycle.
Lol. I think you are semi-posting in the wrong topic But join the EU server for some Songhua I/O fun.

(Thinks back at the initial NO against poor little Shongua in the rotation).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard