Djbrown
+129|6515|Adelaide, Aussieland

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Completely disagree on almost every point.

Feel free to argue, your wrong to suggest your way is the only way.

P.S. There are some good guides out there actually and YOUR OPINIONS presented as fact are annoying. I am a different type of sniper to you and just because I play differently does not make it wrong.

Kooda

P.S. Stats to back your expert opinion?
+1 to that

ESPECIALLY your part about the pistols. silenced pistols are ownage, i love it when im in cqc and just put 10 pistol bullets into prone divers in 0.5 seconds.

and your data is just made up.
Suicidal
+20|6527

MattTheGrunt wrote:

....and i have to say, i never ever play with germans...for reasons that are out of place here
+1 for making me ROFL!!!!
MattTheGrunt
+7|6161
oh you people just iritate me...i put up my interpretation of a sniper guide and you just tare through it

im tired of arguing with what probably is a bunch of 12 year olds...learn the meaning of the term constructive criticism first before you rant along....bunch of kids
senor_fulff
+25|6778|Yorkshire, UK.

MattTheGrunt wrote:

oh you people just iritate me...i put up my interpretation of a sniper guide and you just tare through it

im tired of arguing with what probably is a bunch of 12 year olds...learn the meaning of the term constructive criticism first before you rant along....bunch of kids
Well actually..
I'm 28 and fully understand the term constructive criticism. However, you do not seem to understand that your opinions on how to play are exactly that. They are not fact. That is all before we take into consideration your 'Expert Statistics'...

MattTheGrunt wrote:

well the simple reason behind 8 rounds of Kubra, 6 rounds of Zatar, 7 rounds of Dalian and 10 rounds of Wake is that those are all vehicle maps...and everyone is out and about in vehicles or planes...you can wait till your old and grey to find a decent shot at anyone without being called a baseraper...

so its no use sniping there, dont you think?

also...finding a server that runs this kind of rotation isnt that easy....and i have to say, i never ever play with germans...for reasons that are out of place here

but i have to say...you people are a myserable bunch of sour gamers....all you can come up with is pickery and mocking
i cant see where i mocked anyone here...
Wake is a sniper heaven....  If you are actually any good. And ignore all of this "guide".

Oh, and finally.... Before you whinge about people not understanding words... Here's one for you..............   Spelling.

Last edited by senor_fulff (2007-07-04 05:37:55)

syndicat111
+39|6697|UK

MattTheGrunt wrote:

Killing high ranking players also demoralises lower ranked players. It makes them think "boy, if he shot that guy who is a general or luitenent, im a sitting duck".
No

MattTheGrunt wrote:

Snipers are also the most hated calss in the game.
Nope

MattTheGrunt wrote:

Snipers are NOT close quarters fighters!
Wrong

MattTheGrunt wrote:

Real life tactics apply in BF2!
Negative - yout take this way to seriously

MattTheGrunt wrote:

Eventhough the M95 appears to be bolt action in BF2, dont be fooled, it is infact semi auto.
And again

MattTheGrunt wrote:

The Type-88 and the SVD are by far the worst weapons in BF2. They lack firepower, accuracy and practicality. Which dose not mean they are out of place.
Your not very good with them then

cba to go through the rest, but Sniping tactics are subjective to each individuals opinions.... as are all other tactics.
Nice try at making a guide but...

*also its the L96a1 not L96a2
Sintesi2
+11|6281|Preston, England
i agree with syndicat.

An effective guide will go through every style of sniping, not just one type. allthough there is alot wrong with the guide it is still a good effort.. people cant really say they are a great sniper unless they can be effective on a veriety of maps, regardless of weather theres vehicles

+1 for the not to helpfull guide
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6334

Longbow wrote:

snipers suck .
yEAH,  thats what i hear all the time. people who say that just get canned by sniper over and over again..

just give me a zeller H sniper rifle or a BF2 sniper rifle like the l96 and ill show you how l337 i am with them
Inimicus_7
+26|6380|England, UK
Syndicat makes excellent points +1 for him.

People try and make all snipers play the same, people play it differently, people play every kit differently.
Me, personally when sniping I like to stay close-ish to the action, but not on top of the enemy or a building, I find staying 20m+ behind my squad (full squad, some medics, support, other classes that don't get played much in IO) yields plenty of opportunities to gain kills and help my squad out.
agent146
+127|6405|Jesus Land aka Canada
Lol ohh MattTHEgrunt you are so funny you know prefectly well that this is bf2 and not Rl, privates are not going to be "demoralize" and yes snipers are actually VERY close support fighters. ya man playing 'realistically' on bf2...your taking this way to seriously man
ToughGuy#3
+2|6177
What is wrong with the Germans? Now the Japanese . . .
MeanMachine77
+25|6298
dont agree with everything you said, but good work.

Also good work embedding the videos.

+1
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6774
Sorry man, but that was just a huge pile of shit.
Dont use grenades? Pistols are useless? Non-city maps are not good for sniping? Killing high ranked players demoralize others? There are a million plus one things in that guide that is just bullshit.
Maybe its you who REALLY need a sniper guide...
Barrakuda777
+86|6755|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

MattTheGrunt wrote:

This is a public forum, I am sorry if you feel this is an attack however it seemed quite arrogant to me to pass much of what you think off as fact. The very point you put in there of DONT! with regards to the "designated marksman" is in direct contradiction to the way I play. I have my niche, however I have also played all the maps and with the understanding of "horses for courses" different styles work better in different situations on different maps.

If you had quantifyed this with any sort of comment that suggested this was only the "ranged" elements of sniping I would probably have read and offered little. Instructing people that a style is bad will get you negative comments from me im afraid.

Kooda
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6289

MattTheGrunt wrote:

Sidearm:
-92FS - silencer: USMC, SAS.    QSZ-92 - silencer: PLA. MR-444 - silencer: most everyone ealse.

Not much is to be said for this weapon, since it is prettymuch of limited use. And i redicule if you ever need to use it. But since i want to be thorough, i will explain what its for. Baisicly, its for stealthy infiltration and extraction. What does that mean? If you want to get to your favourite sniping spot, and there are people in the way, you can pick them off without drawing too much attention to yourself.

The other use for it is in what i call "snipers ballet", where you bunnyhopp in circles with another sniper, trying to hit him in the cranium, but most of the time fail myserably.

Do not be fooled into thinking you can use it as a Sniper complementary weapon! At anything but "sexual intercorse" range, it is utterly useless.
Shows how little you know about the pistols.

I've outsniped heaps of people (over long long range) using the pistol. Outgunned G36E-ers and RPK-ers over long, medium and short range using the pistol. And the fact that the snipers pistol is silenced makes it even better.

Using the iron sights on the pistol (especially while prone), and shooting as fast as you can at a stationary target will result in every single bullet hitting (if you compensate for the slight rising of the gun on each shot). No matter how far away they are. Its an incredible weapon and have been accused of hacking on several occasions for using it.

You really should change the guide to say that if you got a body shot on your last round of the magazine you should always switch to the pistol and finish him off. Even if its not the last round in fact

Now i'm certainly not an expert at sniping, but i know that the pistol is very underrated.

Aside from that, nice guide .
Longbow
+163|6665|Odessa, Ukraine

thebestshooter wrote:

Longbow wrote:

snipers suck .
yEAH,  thats what i hear all the time. people who say that just get canned by sniper over and over again..

just give me a zeller H sniper rifle or a BF2 sniper rifle like the l96 and ill show you how l337 i am with them
Give me M16 and I'll prove you that you're wrong
Dont_be_sS.V2
+22|6188

Longbow wrote:

thebestshooter wrote:

Longbow wrote:

snipers suck .

Give me M16 and I'll prove you that you're wrong
People and their stupid e-peens. Seriously, how can you beat a zeller at 300m with an m16.....
GenericKen
+1|6170
Sorry Mike, but I gotta agree with the detractors. The guide was innacurate and mostly useless on every point.

Do a quick search on youtube for the "sniper school" series by a guy named ryandpahl. They're quite good.
.cat.
+4|6358
what a pathetic guide. I stopped counting how many "wrongs" you had mid reading.

jesus "Svd worst sniper rifle"
David.P
Banned
+649|6292
I Snipe in PR and we do alot of real life tactics, If you wanna snipe like in those videos play PR, If not stick to vanilla.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6248|NSW, Australia

i love sniping
molotov<bf2>
+15|6463|uk
This should be renamed to "The Professional Guide to Spelling by MattTheTwunt"

Last edited by molotov<bf2> (2007-07-04 09:28:31)

3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6322|The | Netherlands

Ersguterjunge wrote:

/pwnt.
STFU If you have nothing usefull to say.

Nice guide, some things are pretty good but remember it's only a game and not for real 
McCullough
+7|6857
Man I am tired of the endless "how to play a certain kit guides" There is many ways to play sniper, the stealthy sneaky way is of them yes. Then we have the urban sniper and here's a guide how to play urban Sniper. Urban snipers.....bla....bla....bla...bla.....bla...real life.....bla.....bla...have fun!
Longbow
+163|6665|Odessa, Ukraine

Dont_be_sS.V2 wrote:

People and their stupid e-peens. Seriously, how can you beat a zeller at 300m with an m16.....
Simple - bunny hop and dolphin dive untill I come close enough . Anyways , I do no fight snipers at ranges more then 100m because those long range snipers either do no exist or are very rare .

Last edited by Longbow (2007-07-04 09:45:54)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6482|meh-land
Classes with armor: Assault, Supply, AT
classes without armor: specops, sniper, medic, engineer

and if you aim for the head either class goes down just as fast so really there isn't that much of a difference between sniper and the others

I'd imagine you absolutely HATE specops as well, judging by your remark on how easily killed they are...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard