+72|6395|Alberta, Canada
It's Zed damnit.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

Winston_Churchill wrote:

The last letter of the alphabet
Pretty much the pronunciation difference in British English vs American English
Nope, there is the queens English, or this made up variation which pronounces "aluminium" as "aloomium" wtf is up with that, color its "colour" they even have the cheek to put "american english" on programs instead of english, the one and only. go get your own language dirty mericuns
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

I use both, but I do usually use Zee. When I learned the alphabet, 'p' rhymed with 't', and 'v' rhymed with 'z', so I use Zee.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

It's Zed damnit.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm making a list.

Ryan is first, I'm going to take your eyes from you.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Nope, there is the queens English, or this made up variation which pronounces "aluminium" as "aloomium" wtf is up with that, color its "colour" they even have the cheek to put "american english" on programs instead of english, the one and only. go get your own language dirty mericuns
We actually say "aloominum", not "aloomium". It's just hundreds of years of developing a regional accent. Listen to someone from northern England compared to a Londoner. Some of the differences in one country are almost as great as the differences between US & UK.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6616|Birmingham, UK
It's Zed, and that's the be all and end all.

NeXuS4909 wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

a BEE CEE DEE EEE f GEE h i j k l m n o PEE q r s TEE u VEE w x y ZEE
Never in my natural born life have i heard "Z" pronounced zed. The is no "D" in "Z". Sounds like your saying an entire word than just a letter.

WAIT how would you say zoing? ZEDOING!!!!!
And how would you pronounce it? ZEEOING!
[/sarcasm]

You don't necessarily pronounce letters in words as you would in the alphabet.

Must Americans be continually ignorant of English?
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6333|Atlanta, Georgia

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Must Americans be continually ignorant of English?
Yes
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6281|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

chittydog wrote:

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

We actually say "aloominum", not "aloomium". It's just hundreds of years of developing a regional accent. Listen to someone from northern New England compared to a Londoner New Yorker. Some of the differences in one country are almost as great as the differences between US & UK.
Fixed.

Last edited by cowami (2007-07-03 11:30:54)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Surgeons

I actually dislike the general american, the only ones i like are heggs and tmo, maybe snipy, pisspurg, kmal and cowami aswell

Last edited by Mr.Surgeons (2007-07-03 11:31:42)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

cowami wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

We actually say "aloominum", not "aloomium". It's just hundreds of years of developing a regional accent. Listen to someone from northern England Boston compared to a Londoner New Yorker. Some of the differences in one country are almost as great as the differences between US & UK.
Fixed.

Ha ha. Good point. You should've used Boston and New Orleans if you really wanted a good contrast. Most texans (I live in Texas now) can't tell the difference between a Boston & New York accent.
l41e
+677|6640

Zeeed.
Surgeons

k30dxedle wrote:

Zeeed.
You americans are giving me more faith that i dont like you that much
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
I'd die for Zed.
Microwave
_
+515|6647|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

Protecus wrote:

I thought only Canadians said "Zed." hhhmmm

Oh, and its Zee

Cuz a Nissan 350 Zed just doesn't sound quite as cool
Wait a second....you're saying  "Nissan 350 Zee"

sounds better than "Nissan 350 Zed

Insania.

ZED ffs!
l41e
+677|6640

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

Zeeed.
You americans are giving me more faith that i dont like you that much
Z.
DeadFin
Who are we to argue with Taller Ghost Walt?
+27|6655|Finland
zed.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
Hmm, interesting that in Men in Black, Rip Torn's character is called Zed instead of Z whilst all the other agents only go by one letter, J or K for instance. Even the credits list specifically as Zed, instead of the letter. Those damned snooty Brits are trying to spread their influence across the globe again! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Putting extra "i"s into aluminum and whatnot! You can't make it "zed" here though, since it will ruin the whole foundation of the alphabet and thus collapse the world, and then...THE UNIVERSE! {dun dun dunnnnnnnn}

"...w, x, y, and z(ee). Now I know my ABCs, next time won't you sing with me?"
"...w, x, y, and z(ed). Now I know my A to Z(ed), by this time next year we'll all be dead!" <--- I rest my case
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6630|Amsterdam, NY
zee
confused
+10|6386|British Columbia
For other viewpoints on this discussion http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=71365
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6157|California

CommieChipmunk wrote:

NeXuS4909 wrote:

Im sorry but fill me in? Zee and Zed? What are we talking about?
the letter "Z" and its pronunciation, i think

by the way, its "zee"...in my opinion *cough*

Last edited by weerdfoo1 (2007-07-03 12:39:41)

Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6232|Man Diego

Damn it sounds like there are a bunch of "proper" English out there that are bitter towards our lazy American pronunciations.  Dudes, the war ended in 1783.  Don't be bitter that you got owned.  Part of the Treaty of Paris declared that the letter z would be pronounced "zee." Get over it & let it go.  Say it with me:  "Goosefraba!"
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6228|Uk
ARG CLICKED ZED BUT IT DIDNT CHANGE AND SUBMITTED BEFORE I REALISED!!! so one vote for zee is really for zed.

im english goddamnit!!
l41e
+677|6640

Zcchhkckkt.
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6405|da ville, va
The British can't brush their teeth so how do you expect them to speak properly, because it is zee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard