JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6438|Canada
I hadn't been playing 2142 for a couple months, and decided to try and play it again (note: it ran fine before.) When ever i click on the shortcut, or even the executable in program files, the game won't launch.  Nothing happens, i click on the icon, and nothing at all.  I have tried re-installing it, but this didn't fix it.

Last edited by JoeFriday (2007-07-03 09:12:31)

Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6630|Derby, England

PC Specs?
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6438|Canada
it wouldn't be vid card or anything like that because it ran fine a little while ago
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6478|Somewhere else

put the DVD into the disc tray?

(ive made that mistake so....)
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6438|Canada
nope...i bought the game as direct to drive
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6630|Derby, England

badhq wrote:

PC Specs?
still need to know
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6594|Michigan, USA

JoeFriday wrote:

I hadn't been playing 2142 for a couple months, and decided to try and play it again (note: it ran fine before.) When ever i click on the shortcut, or even the executable in program files, the game won't launch.  Nothing happens, i click on the icon, and nothing at all.  I have tried re-installing it, but this did fix it.
Typo?  Or did it fix it?  If it fixed it, it would seem someone deleted the folder yet didnt unistall the game.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-07-02 21:42:00)

JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6438|Canada
sorry, yeah typo...edited**
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6594|Michigan, USA

JoeFriday wrote:

sorry, yeah typo...edited**
Have you swapped out hardware?
[Chaos]Assassin
+18|6513

JoeFriday wrote:

I hadn't been playing 2142 for a couple months, and decided to try and play it again (note: it ran fine before.) When ever i click on the shortcut, or even the executable in program files, the game won't launch.  Nothing happens, i click on the icon, and nothing at all.  I have tried re-installing it, but this didn't fix it.
When you re-installed, did you delete the reg?
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6438|Canada
no, i didn't...should I
[Chaos]Assassin
+18|6513

JoeFriday wrote:

no, i didn't...should I
Sometimes it takes a FULL uninstall, and that requires deleting the registry for battlefield.
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6438|Canada
okay, ill try that
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6438|Canada
okay, tried deleting the reg and it still won't launch

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard