Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

A top special operations officer from Lebanon's Iranian-backed militia Hezbollah has been captured in Iraq

Ali Mussa Daqduq, an explosives expert, was captured in March in the southern Iraqi city of Basra, where he was helping train and lead Shiite militias fighting coalition troops, U.S. intelligence officials told CNN.

A top special operations officer from Lebanon’s Iranian-backed militia Hezbollah has been captured in Iraq, where U.S. officials say he played a key role in a January attack that killed five Americans.

Ali Mussa Daqduq, an explosives expert, was captured in March in the southern city of Basra, where he was helping train and lead Shiite militias fighting coalition troops, U.S. intelligence officials told CNN.

Daqduq pretended to be deaf and mute when captured, and his identity was not known for weeks, the officials said…

The U.S. military declined official comment on Daqduq’s arrest, as did the Iraqi government. But documents and forensic evidence, seen by members of the Iraqi government and shown to CNN, support the claims.

Senior U.S. intelligence officials said Daqduq was captured in a raid aimed at seizing another Shiite militant leader suspected of involvement in the January 20 attack in Karbala — a well-planned attempt to kidnap five American soldiers that ended with the soldiers’ executions.

Qais Khazali, a one-time spokesman for anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr’s Mehdi Army, was one of the men sought by American troops in connection with the attack. By the time of his March arrest, he had left the Mehdi Army and was leading one of the “special groups,” according to U.S. intelligence.

In searching for Khazali, U.S. and allied troops found computer documents detailing the planning, training and conduct of the failed kidnapping. And they found Daqduq, whom intelligence officials said has admitted working on behalf of Iran.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6719|Little Rock, Arkansas
So that's a little scary....
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina
What I would like to see is more coverage of how Saudi Arabia is aiding the Sunni insurgency.

This conflict has more than just 2 sides, you know.

If we want to put pressure on Iran, we need to do the same to Saudi Arabia.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

What I would like to see is more coverage of how Saudi Arabia is aiding the Sunni insurgency.

Share the evidence with us. I'd like to see it also (Providing it is just as concrete).

blisteringsilence wrote:

So that's a little scary....
So are BGM-109's
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6473|The edge of sanity

Turquoise wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2006-12-08-saudis-sunnis_x.htm

This is a good start.
http://www.jcpa.org/jl/vp504.htm

as is that
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6411|The Gem Saloon

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Share the evidence with us. I'd like to see it also (Providing it is just as concrete).
no matter what evidence exists, we all know that we would NEVER fuck with the saudis.
besides, we are pretty much looking for a reason to do something to iran.
Turquoise
O Canada

Parker wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

no matter what evidence exists, we all know that we would NEVER fuck with the saudis.
That...  and we don't like to admit that we did the exact same shit to Iran with the Iran-Contra affair.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Parker wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I'd still like to see it. Obviously Iran has a lot more to lose with a US presence in the region.

Links please.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
already been given
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

already been given
Help me out.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
I already provided a link as did Liberal-Slayer.

The point is this...  Iran is far from being the only guilty party here.  If we want to invade Iran, we had damn well better think this one through better than we did with Iraq.  Occupying Iran would be about 20 times harder than it was with Iraq, and nation-building it would make Iraq look like a cakewalk.  Mountains and caves everywhere....  fuck that shit.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

The point is this...  Iran is far from being the only guilty party here.  If we want to invade Iran, we had damn well better think this one through better than we did with Iraq.  Occupying Iran would be about 20 times harder than it was with Iraq, and nation-building it would make Iraq look like a cakewalk.  Mountains and caves everywhere....  fuck that shit.
lol.. must have posted in between my edit.... scrolled up.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

Turquoise wrote:

Who says we have to nation-build at all? Why not get rid of thier power to threaten us and then let them sort it out. The main reason iraq is such a quagmire is because locals are agianst our stay.
Turquoise
O Canada
Heh...  but yeah...  I mean...  I don't understand why we're so focused on Iran, but we look the other way when Saudi Arabia does shit.

If we really were consistent about fighting terror, we'd stop being so cozy with Saudi Arabia, and we'd focus our efforts more on Afghanistan and Pakistan.  Iraq is really a secondary battle in the region.
Turquoise
O Canada

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

Who says we have to nation-build at all? Why not get rid of thier power to threaten us and then let them sort it out. The main reason iraq is such a quagmire is because locals are agianst our stay.
Iran can't really threaten us.  They are a threat to the region though.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Turq link: Private Saudi citizens?
Is that supposed to be the same as a government sending Hezbollah terrorist into Iraq to kill 5 American Soldiers?

The other link is a speculative op'ed piece. Again not nearly as concrete as capturing a Sauidi operative in Iraq.

BTW I'm not denying some Saudis are funding charities with links to the insurgency. But clearly there is a difference in the links you guys provided and what I posted. This guy claims to be acting on direct orders from the Iranian Quds Force. That is what you call a direct link. (If it holds up)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

Kmarion wrote:

Is that supposed to be the same as a government sending Hezbollah terrorist into Iraq to kill 5 American Soldiers?

The other link is a speculative op'ed piece. Again not nearly as concrete as capturing a Sauidi operative in Iraq.

BTW I'm not denying some Saudis are funding charities with links to the insurgency. But clearly there is a difference in the links you guys provided and what I posted. This guy claims to be acting on direct orders from the Iranian Quds Force.
lol that was a fast find on my part. Im much too lazy to actually hunt for evidince.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

BTW I'm not denying some Saudis are funding charities with links to the insurgency. But clearly there is a difference in the links you guys provided and what I posted. This guy claims to be acting on direct orders from the Iranian Quds Force.
lol that was a fast find on my part. Im much too lazy to actually hunt for evidince.
Like I said, I don't deny it. I want to see a direct link that the Saudi Government has people in place attacking Americans.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

Kmarion wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Like I said, I don't deny it. I want to see a direct link that the Saudi Government has people in place attacking Americans.
http://www.meforum.org/article/934  <-- that one might be a little better for you

PS add me to ur xfire
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

The other link is a speculative oped piece. Again not nearly as concrete as capturing a Sauidi operative in Iraq.

BTW I'm not denying some Saudis are funding charities with links to the insurgency. But clearly there is a difference in the links you guys provided and what I posted. This guy claims to be acting in direct orders from the Iranian Quds Force.
True...  but what if the private Saudi citizens have a lot of power in the Saudi government.  Admittedly, I don't have the links to back that up, but what if this was true?  Would that affect your view on this?

The way I see it, the Saudi government is more like our government than Iran's is.  Even though Iran has a supposed democratic republic, it more or less functions as a moderate dictatorship.  The Ayatollah is really the one running the show.

In Saudi Arabia, you basically have a rich aristocracy running things.  You can basically say the same of our government, when you consider the power that corporations and lobbyists have.

So, we have private citizens in Saudi Arabia that apparently have enough money to send funds to insurgents in Iraq.  I really doubt these are average everyday Saudis.  They have to be somewhat wealthy to be able to afford sending significant amounts of money to these insurgents.  With wealth comes power.  Why is it that the Saudi government isn't doing more to stop this funding?  I'd assume that maybe a lot of these funders have connections to their government.

So, even if the help isn't official, it effectively is allowed by the Saudi government.

Yes, there is a difference between official assistance to an insurgency and private assistance, but for all practical purposes, we shouldn't trust either country.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The other link is a speculative oped piece. Again not nearly as concrete as capturing a Sauidi operative in Iraq.

BTW I'm not denying some Saudis are funding charities with links to the insurgency. But clearly there is a difference in the links you guys provided and what I posted. This guy claims to be acting in direct orders from the Iranian Quds Force.
True...  but what if the private Saudi citizens have a lot of power in the Saudi government.  Admittedly, I don't have the links to back that up, but what if this was true?  Would that affect your view on this?

The way I see it, the Saudi government is more like our government than Iran's is.  Even though Iran has a supposed democratic republic, it more or less functions as a moderate dictatorship.  The Ayatollah is really the one running the show.

In Saudi Arabia, you basically have a rich aristocracy running things.  You can basically say the same of our government, when you consider the power that corporations and lobbyists have.

So, we have private citizens in Saudi Arabia that apparently have enough money to send funds to insurgents in Iraq.  I really doubt these are average everyday Saudis.  They have to be somewhat wealthy to be able to afford sending significant amounts of money to these insurgents.  With wealth comes power.  Why is it that the Saudi government isn't doing more to stop this funding?  I'd assume that maybe a lot of these funders have connections to their government.

So, even if the help isn't official, it effectively is allowed by the Saudi government.

Yes, there is a difference between official assistance to an insurgency and private assistance, but for all practical purposes, we shouldn't trust either country.
You better believe it would affect my view. If any foreign state was participating in attacking Americans it would be extremely weak to not take action. I thought you felt the same way. Afghanistan justified right? If we just attacked countries based on the actions of some private citizens we would be fighting a much different war. Aside from kidnapping the Brits and trying to provoke the Australians, they have also crossed the border to attack them since. And now this?

And yet the West is labeled as the hostile ones despite showing restraint and having measured responses in dealing with Iran.

If you think I am advocating attacking Iran at this point you are wrong also.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 7#p1530427

As for the Saudis "allowing" it to happen. They are threatened by terrorism also.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18349238/
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/06/ … rrests.php
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti … t&col=
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
Good points...  I guess my only remaining question is...  if China invaded and conquered Canada and Mexico, would the U.S. support an insurgency in either country?
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6565|San Diego, CA, USA

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I have to agree and I was one of those who thought Iraq would go more smoothly too.

1.  Attack all their nuclear facilities (use Special Forces to disable them if smart bombs can't do it) - becareful with the SAM sites the Russians sold them
2.  Destroy their military bases near the border with Iraq that are training terrorists
3.  Have the Marines do an amphibious landing and take the first 20 miles next to the Straights of Hormus to and secure it.
4.  Take out any ground-to-air weapons, including medium range weaponry that will no doubt be shot at Israel to try to get them into the war
5.  Impose a no-fly zone similar to Iraq...create a semi-permanent base on the Straights of Hormus.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Good points...  I guess my only remaining question is...  if China invaded and conquered Canada and Mexico, would the U.S. support an insurgency in either country?
Is that an attempt to justify orders from the Qud's to Kill Americans?

I know what you are getting at but let me answer this way.
How about if a country like Iraq invaded Kuwait. Would the world allow that?
Or how about if Russia decided to ship missile within 200 miles off the Florida coast. Would we allow that?

Does the course Iran has taken make it more or less likely they will be attacked? Is nearly the entire world (including Iranian civilians) beginning to realize Ahmadinejads intent?
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard