Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Iranian forces owned by the Royal Australian Navy.

https://i17.tinypic.com/4qrlp9j.jpg

Iran 'unable to take Australians'

The incident took place before Iran successfully seized 15 British sailors and Marines in March.
The lessons from the earlier attempt do not appear to have been applied in time by British maritime patrols.
The 15 Britons were searching a cargo boat in the Gulf when they were captured over a boundary dispute.
When Iranian Revolutionary Guards captured the British sailors and Royal Marines in March, it was not exactly their first attempt.

It turns out that Iranian forces made an earlier concerted attempt to seize a boarding party from the Royal Australian Navy.

The Australians, though, to quote one military source, "were having none of it".

The BBC has been told the Australians re-boarded the vessel they had just searched, aimed their machine guns at the approaching Iranians and warned them to back off, using what was said to be "highly colourful language".

The Iranians withdrew, and the Australians were reportedly lifted off the ship by one of their own helicopters.

The circumstances for the Britons in March were slightly different in that they were caught so much by surprise that, had they attempted to repel the Iranians with their limited firepower, they would doubtless have taken very heavy casualties.

But military sources say that what is of concern is that the Royal Navy did not appear to have taken sufficient account of the lessons of the Australian encounter.

In an oblique reference to the threat from Iran, Britain's First Sea Lord, Admiral Sir Jonathon Band, has recently admitted there was a need for greater strategic awareness in the northern Gulf.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6228342.stm
Xbone Stormsurgezz
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6487|Melbourne

Lol Australia.

Our Navy > Your Navy
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker

Kmarion wrote:

The BBC has been told the Australians re-boarded the vessel they had just searched, aimed their machine guns at the approaching Iranians and warned them to back off, using what was said to be "highly colourful language".
I believe we can replace the ba, with fu in "back off".
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Stingray24 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I'd love to hear exactly what it was ..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6421|Melbourne, AUS
represent uh uh uh
*pride boost*
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Kmarion wrote:

The circumstances for the Britons in March were slightly different in that they were caught so much by surprise that, had they attempted to repel the Iranians with their limited firepower, they would doubtless have taken very heavy casualties.
One would assume you would never be "caught by surprise" when boarding a foreign ship.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6487|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Sounds like they were getting complacent.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

That's right. Don't fuck with us, our RAN cadets wrestle salt water crocodiles and hammerhead sharks regularly.

Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire
Everyone knows Aussies are tougher than Brits!
Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK
Tougher because they're descended from the ones that survived a life of crime, long periods in jail, a months-long trip to the other side of the goddamn world. and being dumped in a featureless desert and told to set up a colony.
Oh, and then they offered tracts of land to WW2 veterans when they were suddenly out of a job.

So, really, natural selection means that aussies ARE some of the toughest people on the planet. The fact that australia is mostly desert also means that they're everywhere.
No matter where you go, there's always a bunch of aussies there first. And they're probably drunk, too.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
The#1Spot
+105|6540|byah

R3v4n wrote:

Lol Australia.

Our Navy > Your Navy
I wouldnt say that unless you have some reliable statistics or info in general.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
"highly colourful language".
Heh heh heh. Truly Australian.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6449|Newcastle NSW Australia
/win

The#1spot wrote:

No dude realy.......... our navy>yours

Last edited by Invaderzim (2007-06-21 23:36:40)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Invaderzim wrote:

/win

The#1spot wrote:

No dude realy.......... our navy>yours
Maybe some day. I know you guys sure as hell are spending like crazy. Are you familiar with the term Blue Water Navy?

These are navies that have successfully used the capabilities of their blue-water navies to exercise control at high seas and from these have projected power into other nations' littoral waters.

* The United States Navy maintains continuous readiness to deploy 6 carrier strike groups simultaneously as well as deploy an additional 2 within thirty days under the Fleet Response Plan (FRP) while maintaining a posture of Continuous At Sea Deterrence with its Ballistic Missile submarine fleet. The US Navy also maintains a continuous deployment of Expeditionary Strike Groups that embark a Marine Expeditionary Unit with an Aviation Combat Element aboard a LHD or LHA.

* The Royal Navy maintains two task forces concurrently (one based around an aircraft carrier and one based around an Amphibious Command Ship) and maintains a Continuous At Sea Deterrence policy. At least one task group is deployed at any one time. There are currently two Invincible class aircraft carriers in operation, with a further one in reserve. The Royal Navy also utilises the Ocean Class LPH as well as the two Albion Class LPHs as the centre of a task group. The UK also supports a number of standing commitments worldwide on a continuous basis.

* The French Marine Nationale has the ability to deploy an aircraft-carrier-based task group and maintains a Continuous At Sea Deterrence included in the Force Océanique Stratégique (Strategic Oceanic Force). France also has a wide range of naval deployments throughout the world.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
toutinette
+2|6260|Canada
you are retards to believe all the propaganda crap of your country whatever it is.

go die on iraq fags

Last edited by toutinette (2007-06-21 23:56:09)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

toutinette wrote:

you are retards to believe all the propaganda crap of your country whatever it is.

go die on iraq fags
Do you want to elaborate on that?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
geNius
..!.,
+144|6442|SoCal

toutinette wrote:

go die on iraq fags
https://www.vtams.biz/abbimg/tourettes.jpg
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6394|The Gem Saloon

Kmarion wrote:

toutinette wrote:

go die on iraq fags
Do you want to elaborate on that?
waiting attentively for this response
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6483|P-way, NJ

toutinette wrote:

go die on iraq fags
You are retards!!!

This is the second post in a row, where you made yourself look stupid.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6722|Sydney, Australia

Flecco wrote:

That's right. Don't fuck with us, our RAN cadets wrestle salt water crocodiles and hammerhead sharks regularly.
Are you in the Navy Cadets?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

toutinette wrote:

go die on iraq fags
"I are is angry today!"
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Kmarion wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I'd love to hear exactly what it was ..lol
Knowing the Aussies, I would imagine it involved liberal usage of 'fuck' and 'cunts'.

JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

Braddock wrote:

Yep because they sent all the tuff brits over there in the old days.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6495|Sydney, Australia

JahManRed wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Yep because they sent all the tuff brits over there in the old days.
Not entirely true, I wouldn't call bread thieves tough.

p.s. I'm surprised the Iranians even understood the colourful language used. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited by Vub (2007-06-22 03:39:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard