David.P
Banned
+649|6244
Design one map for Bf2 that would be ranked by EA what would it be? What teams? What kind of map would it be? etc etc.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6274|The | Netherlands
Mec VS PLA, Mountain town, lots of infantry, no tanks, only jeeps and transport heli's
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

stat pad central, supply crates everywhere, an out of bounds place where 3 medics can heal themselves sustainably without dying, ramps infront of jeep spawns for the engys to pad on, circles of mounted lmg's where a guy can get kidnapped in the middle, etc etc.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6678|67.222.138.85
Tank Fight, 16 tanks vs. 16 tanks, large, flat except a hill on each side spanning the map to protect tank spawns, one flag in the middle  surrounded by four buildings to make it so you have to get out of your tank to cap, and tows in the middle flag.

I tried making it, but the map was very unstable.
aj0405
+19|6131

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Tank Fight, 16 tanks vs. 16 tanks, large, flat except a hill on each side spanning the map to protect tank spawns, one flag in the middle  surrounded by four buildings to make it so you have to get out of your tank to cap, and tows in the middle flag.

it's called Highway Tampa.
actually there's a map you can download somewhere called Tank Attack that is sort of like that.the battles can get pretty hectic.
Shakez
+39|6141
I would build a PLA city map.

*EDIT
Or a map like Kubra Dam//Dalian to fly chopper

Last edited by Special_Op (2007-07-01 13:15:58)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Hmmm...I'd have to say a city map for the PLA and USMC. It's essentially the map that -=NS=- Eagle originally came up with.

While it could serve well as an IO map, it could serve as a vehicle map, as well. There'd be large main roads for tanks and the like, with tiny, winding alleyways to give infantry protection from vehicles and to provide an area for close combat. There'd also be at least one high-rise with a flag on top, with Blackhawks provided in order to make rooftop insertions (rather than climbing up a shitload of stairs).
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
paper_pigeon
God Status
+26|6196|Mildura, Aus

3lmo wrote:

Mec VS PLA, Mountain town, lots of infantry, no tanks, only jeeps and transport heli's
my god that would KICK ASS!!!
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6480|Minnesota eh
USMC vs Insurgents

Tanker Ship, including all areas of the ship to use.

Could use cranes to move crates and drop on people or block off areas.

US starts with 2 spawns, 1 airdrop, the other a US naval boat with 4 rigid boats and 4 jetskis alongside

5 flags on ship, 1 on deck, 1 in cargo bay, 1 in control station, 1 in engine/boiler rooms, and 1 more inside but idk where to put it

insurgents start with 4 of the flags leaving the deck gray.

Forklifts will be useable inside cargo bay area.

Mostly a CQC area except on deck and in cargo bay where there is room for sniper shots.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6323|uk

I would make a remake of Portland Island, the island in GTA Liberty City

(I am making it atm - 80% done )

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-07-01 13:19:51)

paper_pigeon
God Status
+26|6196|Mildura, Aus
you must share it with us? post screenies?
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6450|Sheffield-England

surgeon_bond wrote:

stat pad central, supply crates everywhere, an out of bounds place where 3 medics can heal themselves sustainably without dying, ramps infront of jeep spawns for the engys to pad on, circles of mounted lmg's where a guy can get kidnapped in the middle, etc etc.
Sounds like karkand..
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

stkhoplite wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

Sounds like karkand..
^_^
David.P
Banned
+649|6244
How about Euro force maps? I had this idea of making an EU vs PLA map based on karkand.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6392|California, US
US Navy SEALS vs. Iranian Army (but they would just look like Insurgents from SF) Intellegence would be that USMC discovers a Chemical Weapons silo in Eastern Iran and orders a platoon of Navy SEALS to destroy it. Iran would lose a key Silo and would get to a horrible start to a war. If the SEALS fail, the Eastern Sea board of the United States is in threat of Chemical attack.
SEALS enter from RIBs but get blocked half-way and have to swim to shore.
Iranian's will have MG batteries on the beach but SEALS have cover of darkness and NVG's.
No armor, only light transport vehicles.
Dwit
+34|6481

Titch2349 wrote:

I would make a remake of Portland Island, the island in GTA Liberty City

(I am making it atm - 80% done )
yeah, everytime i've created a nice map it ctd.... ( yes i completely followed the guide....) its really frustating after hours off work it doesnt work.... and i try again...
Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

USMC vs USMC
Completely flat land, no hills, no grass, no water.
Medics only option.
20 J-10's per team.
100 Tanks per team.
4km x 4km size.
Unlimited supply crates.

Wheeeeeeeeeee.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6413|SoCal
http://www.fileplanet.com/178375/170000 … an-Jungle-(Map)

Urban Jungle is t3h feces.  MEC vs. PLA

Night map, urban setting surrounded by jungle.  Basically infantry only with some FAVs, and no UAV/arty.  EA needs to incorporate this.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6666|UK
Honk Kong, PLA V US
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Samtheman53 wrote:

Honk Kong, PLA V US
Yeah, I have suggested that once in one of the previous v1.5 wishing threads.

Just check this satellite image! It would make one hell of a city map!
Maybe USMC starting at the top from an uncap flag with an amphibious attack.

You have hills with jungle, large buildings, some bigger empty spaces,...

https://www.wingsofasia.com/images/002/hong_kong_new_3000.jpg
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6780|Marathon, Florida Keys
Citymap with Navy seals vs mec special forces. Daytime. Would not be sniper friendly.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Inimicus_7
+26|6332|England, UK
I'd love a USMC vs. PLA city map,  like a cross between Karkand and Sharqi.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

I was thinking two uncaps. Four planes, two choppers, 8 tanks, 4 APCs 2 AA vehicles,  On a map big as Zatar,  a ring of outpost cappables around the exterior, and a small karkand in the middle of a sandy desert map.  Plus, the roads in the "mini karkand" would be barricaded, so tanks could fire in, but not move into the city of say, 5 cappable flags....

And if possible, providing the map doesn't have too much crap on it already, make most of the buildings in the "mini-karkand" center, be like the Construction site on Sharqi, throw in a few cranes for snipers,  some AA pods, a handful of TOWS, and Viola, teh best map ever.

So the exterior flags are not cappable without some armor, and maybe AA support.  but the "mini-karkand" in the middle is IO.

EDIT: IO with some noisy choppers and loud jets...

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-07-01 16:42:26)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6649|Middle of nowhere

aj0405 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

it's called Highway Tampa.
actually there's a map you can download somewhere called Tank Attack that is sort of like that.the battles can get pretty hectic.
yes!! i have that map, it owns

except it's only 4 v 4 tanks, but it's only 8 players per team, so yeah

oh, and i'd make Wake Airshow ranked

Last edited by genius_man16 (2007-07-01 16:44:51)

GenericKen
+1|6122
It'd probably be a map featuring this bridge:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millau_Viaduct

2400 meters long, taller than the eiffel tower at its highest.

I'd probably fill in the area below the bridge with french villas and 7 linear flags, plus uncaps at either end. 3-4 attack helos per team and around 12 jeeps.

For the air cover to support the urban advance, they would have to expose themselves to jeep and anti-tank fire *from above*, making for lots of little dodging and dogfighting under and around the bridge deck and piers.

Probably make the K-rail between the two halfs of the road higher, and add some burnt out vehicles for jeep cover against the attack helos.

The bridge itself wouldn't have any flags, but it would have a few gaps in the side rails to facilitate infantry and c4-ed jeep jumps down into the town below. Also, to maximise the chances of hitting an attack helo with a jeep.

Part of me wants to take up mapping to make the map, but I know that's pretty unlikely.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard