Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6772

Now this is a guide for knifing face to face. Nothing about sneaky sniper killing or crawling in kneehigh grass to stab people. This is about the gun versus the knife. I'm sick of people thinking knives are only for nudging their way to an unsuspecting subject without being seen. It's a goddamn knife for christ's sake, it's still going to work even if your enemy sees you, they don't magically disappear or anything, believe it or not.

Now then.

First of all, you don't want to carry your knife around all the time. This just attracts attention. Imagine if you saw a squad of 4 running down the street, and youv'e got your AK-101 ready. One has a pump shottie. One has an F2000. One has a PKM. And one has a knife. Who do you shoot?

Well I guess you should shoot the others since they pose a potential threat to you but the knife guy's an easy kill. And you're a cheapass who can't afford to lose this oppurtunity, because you need every kill you can get so you shoot the knife guy.

Pull out your knife when you want it.

General knifing:

The best way to knife, whether you like it or not, is bunny hopping. Don't do it though. Try it another way. Sprint towards your enemy and when he sees you, don't panic and pull out your shottie. Instead, the moment he sees you, crouch, stand up and start sprinting again until you get around him and up close. He'll get so confused as to where you are, run around him in tight circles until he's low on ammo and then stab him.

The stabs:

First, there is the neckie. The neckie is done with a jump, slash and kill. Pretty much jump sideways along your enemy, slice him in the neck and run off.

Second is the down and dirty sexual stab. Done on prone opponents, jump high so he can't shoot you and land on top of him or behind him. Go prone yourself until it looks like you two are having clothed intercourse, and swing away with your knife. Best done with teammates around because they'll be too scared to shoot you and so they won't steal your kill.

Third; the sprinter kill. This is basically only accomplishable with full stamina. Walk to your enemy, save your energy. Once he sees you, dash around in figure eights and all around without jumping so you have maximum stamina use, and when he's out of ammo run in for the lethal swish.

Finally is the uppercut stab. Contrary to popular belief, you can stab a guy who's standing while you're prone. Just look for the crotch. Castrate the little fellas. Make him feel the pain. But the point is that you need to get down so he jumps up to try and shoot you. As soon as he lands he can't avoid you. His air movement is very limited so you can easily guess where he's going to land.

It takes some practice, but once you get used to it you'll be knifing people when you could easily nail em anyway.

edit: fixed some tabs.

Last edited by Coolbeano (2005-12-18 01:20:41)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

Yeah but the heck are you going to knife a bunny hopping mofo?!

I'm sick and tired of chasing idiots who jump all over the place holding a 'nade launcher and killing themselves with it.
cat4ever
+69|6762|CATALONIA
Lol, thanks man I needed some tips for the expert knife, cuz I only can kill 15 in a round!
do you have more tipps?
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6730|Sydney, Australia

cat4ever wrote:

Lol, thanks man I needed some tips for the expert knife, cuz I only can kill 15 in a round!
do you have more tipps?
I would be happy for seven...

Great guide! As cat4ever said, any more tips?
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6795|Netherlands
Look for snipahs is my strategy! To kill a bunny hopper, bunny hop yourself and keep stabbing around, you will hit him eventually!
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6761|Toronto, ON
Just change your mouse sensitivity to 1600 dpi and knife, it's easy (with a Logitech MX518).
Alpha as fuck.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6829
dolphin diving works well with knifing
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6735|Debris From Space
Haha nice guide. I have two extra buttons on my mouse that are on the side, so my thumb rests on them. I usually bind the upper one to a gun and the lower to C4 or shock paddles. Now i'm gonna make it to knife! Thanks for the guide. Also, you could play as assault or support for the extra armor to keep you alive longer.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-18 13:12:42)

Zantar69
+0|6728
My biggest problem w/ knifing is timing and distance.  I practice against the cpu and I STILL SUCK.  I have 77 knife kills, but I can't seem to get 7 in one round.  Whats the bets way to gauge the proper distance and timing?  In other words, at which point in the animation of the knife swing are you actually doing damage. 

P.S.  What really sux is when you either A) are too close to the guy and somehow swing your forearm through his torso, but the knife doesn't hit, or B) When you stab a mother fucker and he doesn't die.  Thats happened only once or twice tho.

Thanks
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

I had a fun fight with someone once. We met each other on a stairwell with guns ready and blazing. They quickly run out of ammo with not one of us dying, so it was pistol time. They eventually ran out of ammo too. I proceeded to devolve by picking my knife next, while he re-loaded his pistol. We were still running, jumping, falling down, and he had re-loaded and fired quite a few shots from his pistol before I could finally get my knife into him.

I was on two bars of health which is a pretty good survival rate from three clips of ammo.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
IvI00dy
+0|6780
i just memorize the spawnpoint and i just run around the map passing spawn points and stab ppl
7h3647h32in6
+0|6731

IvI00dy wrote:

i just memorize the spawnpoint and i just run around the map passing spawn points and stab ppl
Great way to get yourself banned for spawncamping.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6735|Debris From Space
yay! i got veteran knife badge! thanks for the tips. I'm going to get expert today i hope. I was 2 kills off expert just as the round ended yesterday.
RKF77
+1|6759

Coolbeano wrote:

First of all, you don't want to carry your knife around all the time. This just attracts attention. Imagine if you saw a squad of 4 running down the street, and youv'e got your AK-101 ready. One has a pump shottie. One has an F2000. One has a PKM. And one has a knife. Who do you shoot?
1.  F2000
2.  PKM
3.  Shotgun
4.  Knife

If I'm far enough back and they're bunched up (like 99% of squads in BF2 are)  I'll drop a GP-30 in the middle of them and mop up what's left on semi-auto.

Moot point if they're good players, though....if they don't suck, the guy with the PKM will ventilate you while you're shooting the guy with the F2000.  PKM > *

Very nice guide, BTW.  Well-thought out.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6714|Antarctica

7h3647h32in6 wrote:

IvI00dy wrote:

Great way to get yourself banned for spawncamping.
BANNING!!!!!! [playername] for spawn camping with a kife!!

LOL

When I was after my basic I spawn camped this sniper about 4 times in a row xD

nice guide though, just remember to knife anyone that is prone  and you'll get better at getting knife badges.
cat4ever
+69|6762|CATALONIA
I got the expert knife, I got 20 knife kills !!!!!
IvI00dy
+0|6780
its not spawncamping if you dont stay and wait until the next player spawn's. what i mean by my previous post is i just run around the map shooting ppl and shit like that and if i pass a spawnpoint i have my finger on the button so i can switch to the knife fast if there should be some1 spawning. basicly im just lucky if there is some1 spawning @ that moment.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard