13rin
+977|6521
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070627/D8Q1AOKG0.html .    Grassroots FTW.

And... This guy is pretty cool..

http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/ind … 00097.html

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2007-06-27 23:07:53)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
fitz8402
+10|6652|The Halls of Montezuma
That totally kicks ass!  I actually read it earlier but +1 anyway for sharing.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6749|67.222.138.85
Bahahaha, excellent.

Illegal Immigrant wrote:

Mexican illegal immigrant Jose Madrid, 28, said he has been unable to find a construction job over the past six weeks because of the crackdown, and hasn't been able to send money to his parents and his 7-year-old son back home.

"We immigrants, we are leaving Panama City. People are afraid they will be deported," he said. "The companies don't want to hire illegal people. Now they're only hiring those with papers."
No shit dumbass, does it have something to do with not having a legal right to be here?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6883|Cologne, Germany

Article wrote:

....Developer Louis Breland is finishing the first phase of a $750 million beach condo project.

"Subcontractors could not function without immigrant laborers for painting, rebar and steel work. They are the best workers," he said. "Without them, the cost of construction would be 10 times as much and nothing would get built."
well, there you have it. ironic, isn't it ? The very same people who break the laws by coming into the US illegally are actually helping drive your fucking economy at the same time.

As much as I applaud the Sheriff for what he does to catch the illegals, he should be aware that Panama City possibly won't be able to continue the huge re-development projects without them, which in the long run might hurt the city far more than a few illegals working in construction.
The problem, is, of course, that you won't be able to find "legal" US workers who would be willing to work for the same money.

How do you adress that ?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6603
I'm curious as to how it's questionable.  If you don't want to be arrested for breaking laws, don't break laws running from cops.
B.Schuss

Bubbalo wrote:

I'm curious as to how it's questionable.  If you don't want to be arrested for breaking laws, don't break laws running from cops.
maybe the civil rights groups interprete this as "intimidation tactic" ?

But I agree with you. If you want to stir up the 'roaches, you gotta switch on the light...I see nothing wrong with the Sheriff's tactics.

I remember the golden rule of demonstrating: if the cops come running, don't run away. Stand calmly at the side, pretend to be an innocent bystander. Riot police are like T-Rex's. They react to movement.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6744|Little Rock, Arkansas

B.Schuss wrote:

I remember the golden rule of demonstrating: if the cops come running, don't run away. Stand calmly at the side, pretend to be an innocent bystander. Riot police are like T-Rex's. They react to movement.
Brilliant! You should give lessons! I can think of some hippies that could use them!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6603

B.Schuss wrote:

I suspect that has more to do with German demonstrators being more interested in wearing the scalps of their enemies than running away.......................
B.Schuss

Bubbalo wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

I suspect that has more to do with German demonstrators being more interested in wearing the scalps of their enemies than running away.......................
I am not sure I know what exactly you are implying, but I'd say that depends on the kind of demonstration you attend. For example, when you have two parties of demonstrators, basically protesting against each other, violent clashes are bound to happen, especially when the two parties involved are inherently violent ( such as the Neo-Nazi vs Anti-Fascist demos, that we have in germany ). Demonstrations against the government, or those with general topics, such as peace, the environment or education are more or less peaceful these days.

Huge events, such as the G8 summit, are the exception, because you'll have people from outside joining in, looking for trouble. Professional rioters, if you will, such as the infamous "Schwarze Block", involved in nearly every violent G8 protest over the last couple of years.

but, I am straying off-topic...
Chuck Biscuits
Nothing.
+13|6216|Nowhere.
After spending nearly five years in San Diego, CA I must
say, this very tactic could do wonders for the illegal immigrant problem.

No one hates immigrants here in the U.S., we just hate ones that come here
and don't do the paperwork and go thru the legalities of our system.

They come here, work for cheap wages, and send that money over to their homeland.
Meanwhile, I'm paying ridiculous ass taxes that fund these people so they can abuse our
healthcare clinics and pay for their kids to go to public schools. They fit like a hundred
of themselves in a single family home  that may be legally owned by a US citizen, but has
they're entire illegal family members livin in it. FUCK! SHIT! ASS!
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6533|Menlo Park, CA
Oh god!! dont get me going on fucking illegal immigration dude. . . .

I live in Menlo Park, CA which is directly in the Bay Area (Northern Cali) just about 30 mins south of SF, and our illegal problem is unreal!!

I couldnt imagine the issues you guys from San Diego have to deal with. . . . Its bad enough 8 hours away from you!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard