Wolphoenix
+3|6121
I want to learn how to fly now in BF2. The first thing I need is a good joystick. Which joystick is the best. Price doesnt matter as long as its not really over the top
_MysT1C_Ri|)er_
+4|6145
I use to fly with Logitech Attack 3, but now I fly with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  I know a lot of people that actually fly with that and they are damn good pilots.  If you need help just message me on XFIRE and I'll help you a bit.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6418|Chicago, IL
mouse+keyboard

screw the joystick, theres not really enough room on my desk for it anyway.  As long as you aren't fighting an ace pilot, you'll do fine without a joystick.
Computer_Guy
+54|6668
ONLY fly jets with your joystick, otherwise get good with your mouse and keyboard for helis.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6649|Middle of nowhere
https://www.scubb.com/images/products/PC%20extreme%203D%20pro%20gamepad%20LT_box.jpg
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6160|Canada

Computer_Guy wrote:

ONLY fly jets with your joystick, otherwise get good with your mouse and keyboard for helis.
Listen to this man!
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

I use a Saitek evolution pro,it's a damn nice joystick.
Chaos_nation
Anarchy in the UK
+6|6154|Wolverhampton
I picked up a Saitek X52 which is awesome. Separate throttle control and joystick. Lots of features you can program in via the games control panels. Flying the plane is the easy part, killing and not being killed takes lots of practice though so whichever joystick you do go for, take your time getting used to it. I am not an expert pilot, but I do enjoy flying around and the X52 makes it all the more pleasurable.

If you want to be a good pilot, check out the guides Here. Take what you need and adapt it to your style of play.
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6681|Kangarooland
Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

Use the natural joystick. Gamers prefer it 4 to 1.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6649|Middle of nowhere

Ryan wrote:

Use the natural joystick. Gamers prefer it 4 to 1.
https://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2105/funny3qc8.jpg
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6517
I also recommend the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Ricerckt93
+69|6623
I have been using this.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.asp … atformID=5

It isn't too bad, but had a few features I liked.

#1 - Twist feature (rudder control) for the joystick, or it can be fixed for forward, back, left, right only.
#2 - Has large throttle controller.
#3 - Has a rocker controller (rudder control) on the throttle, if you choose NOT to use the twist control on joystick.  Just flip a switch.
#4 - Has a tension adjustment for sensitivity.
#5 - It can be used as 1 unit, or seperated into 2.
#6 - 8 programmable buttons + the MG Trigger.

I suggest you go to a Best Buy, or wherever they have a bunch displayed, and actually handle a few and see what feels comfortable to you.  This one by far is NOT the best out there but I only fly in BF2, and it was only approx. $60 dollars.

Good luck.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6315|New York
Saitek P2500, cheap and effective.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6506
Is there anyway to be a good jet pilot without a stick? I dont use one and Do alright.......
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6427|The edge of sanity
Should this not be in tech?
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6376|Earth

Chaos_nation wrote:

I picked up a Saitek X52 which is awesome. Separate throttle control and joystick. Lots of features you can program in via the games control panels. Flying the plane is the easy part, killing and not being killed takes lots of practice though so whichever joystick you do go for, take your time getting used to it. I am not an expert pilot, but I do enjoy flying around and the X52 makes it all the more pleasurable.

If you want to be a good pilot, check out the guides Here. Take what you need and adapt it to your style of play.
Thats what I have, and it owns.
Signature
I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I
+12|6341|Ohio
https://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/412Q3RFHZVL._AA280_.jpg 

F spending all that money on a joystick for flying in bf2.  Just get an adapter for your console controllers. Usually about $10.  Not to mention playing NES roms is much better with the controller.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6434|meh-land
Razer deathadder
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia
I own without a joystick. You dont find many Ace pilots in bf2. So i wouldnt bother with spending the money.
Chuck Biscuits
Nothing.
+13|6144|Nowhere.
C H S PRODUCTS are sort of authentic, but they may be a little too much in price I think, at a hundred bucks a piece.

Another hundred for throttle, and another hundred for pedals...
but BF2 doesent even support three simultaneous controllers at once, only two, so fuck BF2! "Lock On" anybody?

Thrustmaster products are elite and are for serious
flight-sim-enthusiasts such as myself... I've seen them but never owned one.

Last edited by Chuck Biscuits (2007-06-28 00:11:36)

siciliano732
+202|6620|New York

Ricerckt93 wrote:

I have been using this.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.asp … atformID=5

It isn't too bad, but had a few features I liked.

#1 - Twist feature (rudder control) for the joystick, or it can be fixed for forward, back, left, right only.
#2 - Has large throttle controller.
#3 - Has a rocker controller (rudder control) on the throttle, if you choose NOT to use the twist control on joystick.  Just flip a switch.
#4 - Has a tension adjustment for sensitivity.
#5 - It can be used as 1 unit, or seperated into 2.
#6 - 8 programmable buttons + the MG Trigger.

I suggest you go to a Best Buy, or wherever they have a bunch displayed, and actually handle a few and see what feels comfortable to you.  This one by far is NOT the best out there but I only fly in BF2, and it was only approx. $60 dollars.

Good luck.
too much....over kill.

i went to walmart and bought a Saitek ST290 Pro and do just fine.  $20 ftw!
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6502|Donnacona, Quebec
I got an MS sidewinder force feedback 2

It's awesome
OmniDeath
~
+726|6615

_MysT1C_Ri|)er_ wrote:

I use to fly with Logitech Attack 3, but now I fly with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  I know a lot of people that actually fly with that and they are damn good pilots.  If you need help just message me on XFIRE and I'll help you a bit.

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

I also recommend the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.
I have one, but after a few months of use it turned to shit. the calibration is off and cant be set back to normal and everything i fly constantly pulls left no matter how many times i adjust controls or recalibrate. ive heard of others having similar problems as well. theyre great  at first, but go bad and need replacing.

i recommend a saitek
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

S.Lythberg wrote:

mouse+keyboard

screw the joystick, theres not really enough room on my desk for it anyway.  As long as you aren't fighting an ace pilot, you'll do fine without a joystick.
Agreed mate... me and my G5 mouse can out manouver any pilot i have ever encounted

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard