Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
I don't know why people choose the Zeller over the stock sniper guns. I mean with the Zeller you get three in your clip instead of five like the stock, the few times I have used this gun I always run out of ammo at a time where I would have been able to get a kill. Also the Zeller's scope covers a larger potion of the screen than the stocks, while not much more than the Park's scope the Zeller's scope probably covers almost 50% more screen than the Morretti's scope. While the Zeller does do more damage, it still takes two hits to kill a healthy target as with the stock snipers. The only real superiority the Zeller has over the stocks is that the Zeller can set off mines, however this function is extremely situational. With APMs you are way better off just crouching past them, motion mines are always spammed all over the place so shooting them would consume to much time and ammo, and with RDX, your best bet is just to get out of its radius.

So can someone please tell me why anyone would want to use the Zeller over the stocks
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6569|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Dont know...the sound maybe...the look it have...Or maybe because its the futuristic version of the .50.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6526|Valhalla
I have started using the Zeller more over the Morretti recently as for some reason my accuracy has dropped for the high 45%+ to a much lower 41%. I still prefer the Park over any other rifle though
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
I never use the Zeller. But most snipers i see seem to be using it for some reason..
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6291
because if a guy is partly hurt jsut hit him and hell die
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6494|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I don't know why people choose the Zeller over the stock sniper guns. I mean with the Zeller you get three in your clip instead of five like the stock, the few times I have used this gun I always run out of ammo at a time where I would have been able to get a kill. Also the Zeller's scope covers a larger potion of the screen than the stocks, while not much more than the Park's scope the Zeller's scope probably covers almost 50% more screen than the Morretti's scope. While the Zeller does do more damage, it still takes two hits to kill a healthy target as with the stock snipers. The only real superiority the Zeller has over the stocks is that the Zeller can set off mines, however this function is extremely situational. With APMs you are way better off just crouching past them, motion mines are always spammed all over the place so shooting them would consume to much time and ammo, and with RDX, your best bet is just to get out of its radius.

So can someone please tell me why anyone would want to use the Zeller over the stocks
Maybe you just don't know how to handle it. Here In China, Shanghai or Beijing, they all use it. And I must say, once they have that gun in their hand, they pwn you like crazy, But I only use Sniper in Fall Of Berlin. On the other maps, you probably already know which weapon I would take
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6307

well to start off my young friend... you are right in a way about the zeller...

the zeller has a chance to do one shot kills that does not require a headshot.. i have done in like 8-12 times in one round.. chest shot after chest shot, they all fall down..

the scope... I dont like the red tint either... try using that thing in Belgrade... blurry eyes my friend.

with all that stopping power it has, it leaves a nice trail when you fire it, that is why if you use it, make two kills and run away without being seen..

i have over 200 Infiltrator pins.. but there are times where i cant make  a head shot for a sure kill eithher he is hiding very well or he bunny hops all over the place...

I am in the top 200 with the zeller.... almost a 64% average accuracy.. im not trying to cook up an ego, but i am one of the most accurate recon players with the zeller.

i use stock rifles, but with the zeller, you better make sure the shots connect at least. 

if you dont like the zeller.... get the lambert .. now that is a weapon you cant go wrong with.. has the firing rate of a gatling gun.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460
^^

The Zeller doesn't kill in one torso shot, not even against light armor and most people wear heavy.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6552|Australia, NSW
so you can shoot friendly motion mines as people(teammates) put them down, and other allies run past
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6518|Singapore
Park 52 > all

5 round per clip
Fancy reload system
Rather silent
Cool green tint on scope
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6407|Melbourne, Australia
a) The breath deviation is lower than the other two. So if u don't want to waste a kit space for a stabiliser, you have more chance of hitting them
b) A greater proportion of people you don't hit in the head will die
imortal
+240|6656|Austin, TX

^^

The Zeller doesn't kill in one torso shot, not even against light armor and most people wear heavy.
THe Zeller does kill an unarmored person on a torso shot.  Ok, well, it is supposed to; that is one of the things about it they advertised.  However, if you have someone that already has taken damage, even a hard fall or a pistol shot, the Zeller can finish them off when the stock sniper rifle can't.  I also like to snipe to cover my squad, so even damaging someone badly is okay when 4 of my mates are going to be rounding the corner any second to finish him off.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
I seem to have a much higher accuracy and K/D ratio with the Zeller than anything else. I don't really care about the noise I make, any smart sniper knows to move around and cover his tracks with APMs.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460

Kommander_Kale wrote:

a) The breath deviation is lower than the other two. So if u don't want to waste a kit space for a stabiliser, you have more chance of hitting them
b) A greater proportion of people you don't hit in the head will die
A) The deviation of all sniper rifles in identical.
B) The difference between 90/79 and 80/69 is still negligible.
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6307
lets put it this way folks: i like the zeller

but i love the lambert carbine even more..watchout for a lamberter you Voss Noobs.

the zeller Hypervelocity Advanced Sniper rifle: very deadly and very accurate in the right hands.. people who say the three round clip sucks, are just tards. people these days just spray and pray with a assault rifle and even a sniper rifle. to me 3 rounds is no different to me than 8 rounds  in a stock rifle : in terms of the number of kills per match.

I AM IN THE TOP 200 IN THE WORLD WITH THE ZELLER: with almost a 64% accuracy.. before i retire from sniping, i want a 70% accuracy in my record.

people dont complain about the Baur HAR being 20 rounds per clip, BUT PEOPLE complain about the Zeller being 3 rounds per clip?...hmm very strange.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

What little sniping I got into, I liked the Zellar because it was consistent to play with reguardless of what team you ended up on.
Magius5.0
+106|6373|UMass Amherst

thebestshooter wrote:

lets put it this way folks: i like the zeller

but i love the lambert carbine even more..watchout for a lamberter you Voss Noobs.

the zeller Hypervelocity Advanced Sniper rifle: very deadly and very accurate in the right hands.. people who say the three round clip sucks, are just tards. people these days just spray and pray with a assault rifle and even a sniper rifle. to me 3 rounds is no different to me than 8 rounds  in a stock rifle : in terms of the number of kills per match.

I AM IN THE TOP 200 IN THE WORLD WITH THE ZELLER: with almost a 64% accuracy.. before i retire from sniping, i want a 70% accuracy in my record.

people dont complain about the Baur HAR being 20 rounds per clip, BUT PEOPLE complain about the Zeller being 3 rounds per clip?...hmm very strange.
QFT on those points.  Zeller has a higher kill potential with a stomach shot (90 damage versus a chest shot that does 79 damage), plus if anyone has light body armor, they go down in one hit.  Lower bullet count ensures people do not waste their shots.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6740|Mark it zero.
its great for titan defense. especially with a support shooting.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6702|Sweden
Guess it´s a matter of preference, the way i play i get allot more out with the extra shots from the regular rifles besides i go for the head 80% of the time anyway when i go for 2 bodyshots my targets usually have full health anyway.

I started ot with the Zellar but moved on to the standard now i hardly play sniper at all can make most of those shots with the PK rockets so no need for sniping except counter-sniping at occasions.
Barney_T_Dinosaur
Time to Die Kids!
+41|6651
It's simple it's used because most people are too lazy to aim for the head and so hope that they can get an easy kill on hopefully injured targets.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6574|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The Zeller will kill in one shot as long as you don't hit one of the armor plates on the solider, try it out.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

Stock sniper rifles over the Zeller every day.

-It has a red tint on the scope
-It has a tiny scope to begin with
-Little difference in damage
-3 rounds a clip
-You can hear it across the map.

Spark wrote:

I seem to have a much higher accuracy and K/D ratio with the Zeller than anything else. I don't really care about the noise I make, any smart sniper knows to move around and cover his tracks with APMs.
Right until I land on your head with a pod and:
A) kill you instantly
or
B) slice your throat

Last edited by haffeysucks (2007-06-27 08:09:36)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Burks
+2|6634
I've tried using the Zeller in different situations and hate it. Like others, I prefer the Park.

Zeller is just too damn loud and noticeable. I love picking off the Zeller noobs who sit in one spot just firing like mad. "WTF HOW U HIT ME?"
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6291
stocks rule.
IamBogan
+0|6141
The zeller does have one major advantage over the stocks but its not something that many people will notice/need. This is that it has much better rego than the stocks. On servers with bad rego zeller bullets very rarely miss while quite alot of the stock sniper bullets do miss. This is probably the reason why its popular in china as this makes the zeller a huge improvement over the stocks.

Overall with good rego, it comes down to personal preference. Both are good and handle differently.
Personally i use the stocks but the zeller is just as good as them in its own way. The stocks give you the extra bullets while the zeller gives you extra damage which does actually make a huge difference (eg: more chance to  kill with a nade / pistol). Ive yet to meet someone who can consistently get headshots on everyone and still get around 20+ kills per round with a good SPM so body shots do count.

The sound/scope of the zeller doesnt make any difference. No matter what scope you use you still wont have any more situational awareness while zoomed. As for the sound, Infantry maps are so small that you will be picked up by the UAV or they will simply see you or know the area where you are based on flag/map layout. Sure it might make a difference on vehicle maps at long range but then your just being pretty useless for the team.

Last edited by IamBogan (2007-06-27 18:38:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard