Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6762
To all you people out there who give up what is a very well designed and great game because of a few noobs: TRY ANOTHER MAP.

Yes, we can all agree that Karkand, Wake, and to a lesser extent, Sharqi, have been "corrupted" by those who play for points rather than for enjoyment. Generally these two types of players don't mix too well. But Bf2 has 14 maps, before you start counting Special Forces (another 8) or the booster packs (another 6). Most of these maps are free from "pointwhores" and some good teamplay will be found. No self-respecting pointwhore would play Dragon Valley as there are so few points to be gained. But the map is well designed and can lead to some great squadplay, which is ultimately what makes the game fun.

If I leave the post at that I'll soon hear "but only infantry maps are fun, other maps are too slow". You may disagree, but repeatedly running into the same alley and firing in the exact same place, where the winner is determined more by connection speed than skill, isn't fun for me. Successfully winning against the odds and capturing bases with a squad, which demands tactical precision, is much more fun.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Everyone says Wake but Gulf is terrible for players.

Watch me drive an apc infront of his bomber because he won't let me fly..."
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6454|Cambridge, UK

Talon wrote:

To all you people out there who give up what is a very well designed and great game because of a few noobs: TRY ANOTHER MAP.

Yes, we can all agree that Karkand, Wake, and to a lesser extent, Sharqi, have been "corrupted" by those who play for points rather than for enjoyment. Generally these two types of players don't mix too well. But Bf2 has 14 maps, before you start counting Special Forces (another 8) or the booster packs (another 6). Most of these maps are free from "pointwhores" and some good teamplay will be found. No self-respecting pointwhore would play Dragon Valley as there are so few points to be gained. But the map is well designed and can lead to some great squadplay, which is ultimately what makes the game fun.

If I leave the post at that I'll soon hear "but only infantry maps are fun, other maps are too slow". You may disagree, but repeatedly running into the same alley and firing in the exact same place, where the winner is determined more by connection speed than skill, isn't fun for me. Successfully winning against the odds and capturing bases with a squad, which demands tactical precision, is much more fun.
Agree, way too much bitchin about shite that you only see on some servers, move server or if you cant move game and forums.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6701|NCFSU2

Talon wrote:

Agreed. I don't even turn the game on unless I'm playing with my buds.

^ Mmm, Kylie...

Last edited by DeadboyUSMC (2007-06-26 12:20:52)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6665|under there hayousaidunderwear
I pointwhore oman.
link52787
+29|6523
all maps are good for me.

cause all I do is snipe, I'll find a spot to hide and shoot.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6455|USA
Who cares. There is not one balanced map in this entire game.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6498|UK , Birmingham

elite.mafia wrote:

true, most teams are biased. but u find it in almost everygame. some teams have small advantages over others
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6680|Middle of nowhere
wait... since when is Sharqi for pointwhores?
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

The only map that isn't full of noobs is... uh... one sec...
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California
Try Leagues.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6417|...
shut up
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6680|Middle of nowhere

Ryan wrote:

The only map that isn't full of noobs is... uh... one sec...
lol
CloakedStarship
+76|6567

elite.mafia wrote:

CS_Assault ?
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6438|Brisbane, Australia
The bigger maps are great, but sometimes what really pisses me off is the jets....honestly it gets so old getting bombed when you climb into a vehicle for 5sec. so your forced to basically walk around the entire map which isnt my cup of tea. All though the rounds where air power is balanced rocks becuase they are to busy dogfighting to do bombing runs.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6465|meh-land
Most maps are biased against MEC and for USMC...
firebolt5
+114|6157
There's a reason why mods where made...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

firebolt5 wrote:

There is also a reason why most of those mods suck.
firebolt5
+114|6157

stryyker wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

There is also a reason why most of those mods suck.
Yeah, because the BF2 engine is a piece of hardcoded shit.
weasel_thingo
+74|6328

elite.mafia wrote:

mashtuur?
US is closer to backyard then MEC is to power plant, but no one ever goes to cap powerplant or backyard so its more on who is on teh teams, but it is a very fair map IMO.
~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~
+16|6491
I gave up Public servers because I realize none of them are fun, and I only get worse when I play in them.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6444|SoCal

firebolt5 wrote:

Yeah, because the BF2 engine is a piece of hardcoded shit.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard