ThreeDollaBills
+1|6156|MTC
I have  a buddy at my house and every single game we have joined it had kicked him off and it just says "Punkbuster" why is this so? What can we do to fix it?
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6484|P-way, NJ
Whats after punkbuster? It has to say something else.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

He must have a PB ban for hacking.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6536|Valhalla

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Whats after punkbuster? It has to say something else.
Not always...
Try updating punkbuster manually.
ThreeDollaBills
+1|6156|MTC
No nothing at all. It just has the title Punkbuster, and what get's me about the hacking part is that the game was just installed on his computer last night. So that can't be it. How do i update punkbuster?

Last edited by ThreeDollaBills (2007-06-23 09:59:08)

Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6648|I smell corners
=loonitic
Try updating punkbuster manually.
I had the same problem
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6536|Valhalla

ThreeDollaBills wrote:

No nothing at all. It just has the title Punkbuster, and what get's me about the hacking part is that the game was just installed on his computer last night. So that can't be it. How do i update punkbuster?
clicky
ThreeDollaBills
+1|6156|MTC
How do I update Punkbuster? Do I do it in the game? On the net?
weasel_thingo
+74|6328
my friend says that happend to him when his clan tag was [rape] or something and the server kicked him for that but there was no message.
so yeah there could be something offensive in his name.

i dont think this is it at all, just mentioning
ThreeDollaBills
+1|6156|MTC
Alright so I followed those instructions and it's still doing the same thing
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6536|Valhalla

ThreeDollaBills wrote:

Alright so I followed those instructions and it's still doing the same thing
Delete the 2124 profile in the My Documents Folder. (delete the whole folder and try again)
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6506|Atlanta, GA
he has his own copy, right?
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

chittydog wrote:

He must have a PB ban for hacking.
Please GTFO.  Just because it says Punkbuster doesnt mean its a result of hacking.  This happens on every server?  It will kick you like this when you have the packet loss problem, and if its not up to date.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6423|California, US
BF2 or BF2142?
Does the message come in-game prior to kicking or after?
If your seeing the message AFTER he gets kicked it has to say something in-game, like "Losing key Packets" or "inadequate O/S privileges" he's probably got a ban for hacking.

Last edited by Monkeyman911 (2007-06-30 14:52:54)

r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

Monkeyman911 wrote:

BF2 or BF2142?
Does the message come in-game prior to kicking or after?
If your seeing the message AFTER he gets kicked it has to say something in-game, like "Losing key Packets" or "inadequate O/S privileges" he's probably got a ban for hacking.
Its 2142, hence the 2142 help section...

Try this, go to 2142 installed directory, open program files, electronic arts, battlefield 2142,pb, then open the pbcl.log, it should tell you the reason for the kicks there.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-06-30 14:57:13)

Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6631|Mexifornia, USA
I got this error the other day, for seemingly no reason. The box that comes up when you have been kicked telling you the reason just had the title at the top "PUNKBUSTER", and no reason. Try the manual update. I did that and it solved my packet loss problem. Also, try (in a server, preferably ranked with PB on), hit the ` button (above the tab key, to the left of the 1) and type pb_sleep 500. After that type pb_writecfg to save it. This reduces the time b/t PB checks on your HDD. It wont trigger PB to think that its an altered game file or anything, the PB website recommends doing it on any game that PB is used in.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard