Jackabo
+127|6609|Dublin, Ireland
What is the best way to clean your lcd. I don't have any special wipes or sprays so is their any other efficent way.

thnx

karma for the answer!
kn0ckahh
+98|6789|netherlands, sweet lake city
https://winkeltje.tangara.nl/images/Schoonmaakartikelen/200405721-Glassex.jpg
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6759|th3 unkn0wn
Spit and Kleenex
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6352
look for Electronic Cleaning Wipes.

Last edited by Bull3t (2007-06-22 07:49:53)

Lt.Fury20
+2|6582
Whatever you do DO NOT USE GLASSEX OR WINDEX!!! If you use anything with ammonia or a high concentration of alcohol it will ruin your LCD screen! Usually it permanently changes the pixels to yellow or something like that. You want to use a felt like cloth, like a good and worn T-shirt or plaid shirt, just so that it soft enough to not scratch the LCD. As for cleaning it you can use a combination of ethyl alcohol and water. its like 1 part alcohol, and 2 parts water. or...you can go to like Best Buy or any electronic store and buy an actual kit that has the solution already made, and comes with a special cloth for like $7.00. Thats what I did, since its so much easier to use than creating your own stuff.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6588|Long Island, New York
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6574|Little blue planet, milky way
I usually just use some alcohol. Take a soft cloth dab some alcohol (PURE alcohol, last nights appletinis dont count !) on it, wipe the screen, takea damp cloth with some water on it, wipe off any excess alcohol (though it WILL evaporate, your monitor doesn't like what happens when large amounts of alcohol evaporates on it), then clean with a dry felt cloth (preferably a fibercloth, sheeps skin or something else that wont leave more dust that was there to begin with).

OR..... Go buy a bottle of once over LCD cleaner solution, spray it on the monitor, and wipe it clean ! A bit more expensive, but almost as effective,and quite a lot faster !
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6674|Camp XRay

https://www.tinypineapple.com/kate/archives/MagicEraser.jpg

seriously it cleans everything, best thing to use to clean a monitor.

Last edited by Marlboroman82 (2007-06-22 08:08:40)

https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6463|da ville, va
i just take a handkerchief and put some water on it and clean till it's clean
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6618|NYC / Hamburg

I use my shirt and a bit of water
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6497|Boulder, CO
smother it with bacon and leave it where my dog can find it.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6735|Espoo, Finland
Normaly I use one of these.
https://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1458/grilliharja31nr8.jpg

Leaves nothing on the screen.

Or you could use a microfibre cloth and a bit of water.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6786|Salt Lake City

Water and a soft cloth.  Avoid using cleaners with alcohol and/or amonia.  These chemicals can disolve anit-glare coatings, if your monitor has one, and can cause discoloration of the top plastic layer.

Note:  I used to work for NEC/Mitsubishi, and this information came directly from the engineers.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6576|South Florida

X-Ecuti0ner wrote:

What is the best way to clean your lcd. I don't have any special wipes or sprays so is their any other efficent way.

thnx

karma for the answer!
Nothing with OIL on it like Tissues do. Take a cotton cloth or a soft cloth and get some windex or just dampen it with water and wipe gently
15 more years! 15 more years!
Widow_Warrior
+7|6539|SOUTH ENGLAND
1 part white vinegar   4 parts water  and an anti static cloth , works wonders
link52787
+29|6572
cotton cloth and water.
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6229
really, the only good way to clean your screan is to first get a cloth wet, wipe the entire surface, and then dry it with a dry cloth
ghettoperson
+1,943|6700

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Water and a soft cloth.  Avoid using cleaners with alcohol and/or amonia.  These chemicals can disolve anit-glare coatings, if your monitor has one, and can cause discoloration of the top plastic layer.

Note:  I used to work for NEC/Mitsubishi, and this information came directly from the engineers.
Does that include those cleaners that are made for monitors?
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6403|Troy, New York

link52787 wrote:

cotton cloth and water.
ditto
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6806|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Of course not.

Stupid boy....
jsnipy
+3,276|6573|...

non-amonia glass cleaner and a cloth baby diaper (never use paper towels, they scratch)
Thrawn1799
+1|6301|Cleveland, OH
Rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6735|West Yorkshire, U.K
A wire brush and costic soda, always works for me.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6786|Salt Lake City

ghettoperson wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

I don't know what's in those, so I couldn't say, but I would think if they were made specifically for that purpose they wouldn't contain chemicals or abrasives that would damage the screen.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6700

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Of course not.

Stupid boy....
STFU cockbandit. I was just asking as I thought some of those have alcohol in them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard