=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6583|England
Doesnt look too shabby... but the guy in the video is a serious noob tuber

Last edited by =Karma-Kills= (2007-06-21 09:06:34)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6193|Schofield Barracks
HOLY SHIT im getting that game the day it comes out
']['error
Banned
+630|6643|The Netherlands
wow that looks awesome, hope the multiplayer of this game will be as good as singleplayer.
GR34
+215|6544|ALBERTA> CANADA
It does not look the the other call of duties it looks well like a fake war its it modern combat then make it modern not futuristic! I don't think it will live up to the call of duty name!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Meh, it can have all the graphics in the world and all the sounds

But it's just another god damn Marines vs Arabs game, i've got BF2 and PR for that. CoD 2's multiplayer sucked ass, but at least it was balanced. I can't imagine how sucky CoD multiplayer with ub3r Marines and crappy terrorists will be. At least WW2 was somewhat balanced. I'm sick of Marines and Arabs.

What the hell was that gun he had? It looked like one of those shitty 2142 guns mixed with an M16.

This game is aiming for the lowest common denominator. Lowest of the low.

EDIT: I knew this was coming though, in CoD3 they got rid of the Russians. They've done it slowly so nobody realised, but this is pure US/UK Propaganda. The US and the UK aren't the only god damn people fighting terrorism. Fuck this shit.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-06-21 09:38:36)

Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

GR34 wrote:

It does not look the the other call of duties it looks well like a fake war its it modern combat then make it modern not futuristic! I don't think it will live up to the call of duty name!
That's the whole point. There are already 3 COD games all based on WW2. If COD4 was based on WW2, no one would buy it because they want something new.

I'm definitely getting this game though.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6574
The developers have said its based on a fictional war.

I think it looks cool.
GR34
+215|6544|ALBERTA> CANADA

Ryan wrote:

GR34 wrote:

That's the whole point. There are already 3 COD games all based on WW2. If COD4 was based on WW2, no one would buy it because they want something new.

IF they want something new make a game on Vietnam or Korea! not more bloody Games with the US fighting camel jockie's KOREA OR NAM!!!111!!!!111!!!///   COD VIETNAM > COD, COD2 COD:UO COD3>COD4

Last edited by GR34 (2007-06-21 09:42:38)

The_Mac
+96|6224
Well, it's going for all the console noobs, but I think you're fighting both Russians and Arabs. Or at least Arabs backed by Russians, so they won't be using too primitive of weapons. As for the gun, I believe that is an HK416 with grenade launcher attached. Although the sighting they used was for all the console kiddie noobs who can't control their weapons because their gamepad sucks ass.

But I dunno, it looks pretty cool. I think taking cover and going prone in the grass will actually work in this game.
There will be no vehicles in the MP. As far as I know MP is up to 16 players, but the article that was written was for Console and PC CoD4, which means there's a good chance the PC will have 32 players max. I don't know about the maps though, but if they screw up, it'll be pissing.
I just hate console noobs so much. They're destroying the gaming innovation.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
All that shooting and he only got hit once. That's CoD for ya!
The_Mac
+96|6224

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

All that shooting and he only got hit once. That's CoD for ya!
Did you note how you and a friendly go down a hallway, to surround the enemy and flank them? Typical CoD stuff
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6653|Teesside, UK
It's looking good so far.
SoC./Omega
+122|6540|Omaha, Nebraska!
I was going to post that
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Is that video taken from a console? There appears to be a blue X-button when he reloads and a D-Pad icon appears when he activates night-vision.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6653|Teesside, UK

M.O.A.B wrote:

Is that video taken from a console? There appears to be a blue X-button when he reloads and a D-Pad icon appears when he activates night-vision.
xbox 360
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6486|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

The_Mac wrote:

Well, it's going for all the console noobs, but I think you're fighting both Russians and Arabs. Or at least Arabs backed by Russians, so they won't be using too primitive of weapons. As for the gun, I believe that is an HK416 with grenade launcher attached. Although the sighting they used was for all the console kiddie noobs who can't control their weapons because their gamepad sucks ass.

But I dunno, it looks pretty cool. I think taking cover and going prone in the grass will actually work in this game.
There will be no vehicles in the MP. As far as I know MP is up to 16 players, but the article that was written was for Console and PC CoD4, which means there's a good chance the PC will have 32 players max. I don't know about the maps though, but if they screw up, it'll be pissing.
I just hate console noobs so much. They're destroying the gaming innovation.
The rifle is ether a HK416 or M16A4 with a M203, and it had a PAQ-2 IR sight and a EOTech sight
https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/kheihn/image1591.jpg
https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/kheihn/EOtech.jpg
The_Mac
+96|6224
I didn't mean the sight itself, but the whole consolized aim site.
But yeah, thanks alot for the info.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6421|California, US
damn that looks so tight
im definatley gonna get it
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6452|Ontario, Canada

GR34 wrote:

Make your posts so they are fucking readable.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Megalomatthew
+6|6409

GR34 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

GR34 wrote:

IF they want something new make a game on Vietnam or Korea! not more bloody Games with the US fighting camel jockie's KOREA OR NAM!!!111!!!!111!!!///   COD VIETNAM > COD, COD2 COD:UO COD3>COD4
If you stop attacking it and actually read about the story you'll realize that it's not futuristic, everything in the game is in the world today, and you also may realize it's NOT about the Iraq war and involves a whole lot more than "camel jockies."
Ryan86th
+14|6501|Ohio

d4rkst4r wrote:

GR34 wrote:

ouch, personal attack much? =[
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
No looking at it it pretty much looks like Camel Jockie bad guys vs Super cool Marines and SAS, at least the Nazi's had some sort of respectability in WW2 CoD - With Tiger Tanks, Artillery, Mortars and some guns that outperformed you (MG42, StG44) - in this one, it's just gonna be AK47 and loads of mysterious looking teacloth donning Arabs, the only thing they'll have is numbers. They've totally lost the plot, if anyone played the original CoD series, they'll know how atmosphere is.

I agree with The_Mac, this game will again be ruined by console gaming, like CoD2. Don't bother buying console FPS games. Since when was Halo or Goldeneye or Timesplitters ever popular on the PC. There are PC FPS games and Console ones, not both.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

Ryan86th wrote:

d4rkst4r wrote:

GR34 wrote:

ouch, personal attack much? =[
What are you talking about?

He made a perfectly reasonable statement. He didn't insult him, he just used "fucking" to emphasize his point.
I agree with him, you can barely make out what he is saying.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

Holy shit, I'm getting that game for the pc and after watching the vid it gave me so a hard on I used it to write this post
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
The_Mac
+96|6224
CoD Vietnam would be difficult to pull off, simply because Vietnam is in the Jungle, and that would require Infinity Ward to get off their asses and make a decent non linear game, or else they'd realize it would suck badly. The only sort of place they'd set you in would be cities, where they could get away with nonlinearity. But considering only 25% at most of all Vietnam combat took place in the city, you'd be hard pressed to be impressed.
As long as console noobs keep buying CoD, they're not changing. Besides, consoles are too weak to have massive firefights. I noticed you're always runnin around buildings, circumventing these engagements and then shooting from behind, instead of just participating in an unrestricted area and helping the battle ebb and flow. But I guess that would be too hard for them to do, seeing as how their brains have been sludged full of money by mindless console bums.

Korea, you could have some city engagements, I guess, but keep in mind, Korea had the same sort of weaponry World War 2 soldiers had. People play games for the weapons in the game, not just the historical experience.
Why would they want to play a game in Korea, where they could just play CoD2 and get the same sort of kabang out of it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard