BootsJD
+10|6219
Hey guys A question I always wondered and think would be a great Idea is Why is there no APCs in Wake Island. I always thought since APCs can drive in water as well as land it would be a perfect map for it. Has anyone ever though that would be a good Idea or is it pretty lame? I don't really know everyone what the Cons of that would be, would be good to hear some input on that.

I think 2 APCs in that map would be awesome. Great for trying to get to ARTY or going from NV to SB with out being Sniped ( However still a nice target for Jet/Heli ). Its one thing that always made me winder when you have a Badge like Expert Armor and it is the Vehicle in the game that its the Least of. It would be nice to put more Armor where ever it could be used at. I am sure that is why Highway Tampa has been created ( Other then the fact Intel got involved ) is to help boost them armor hours and repair points) Still think And APC Would fit Nice in Wake.

Just out of curiosity anyone have any input on the Pros/Cons of the subject ?
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6344
i think there isn't enough land for APC's (even though they go in water) just to small

and that would change how wake is played

if you china hop in a apc and cruse across the water to your next flag

probably no fun
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

APC's would be a nice addition seeing as they're quick, well armed and protected against most small arms in the game, I always thought it was strange that they weren't on that map.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-06-20 23:31:11)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6570|British Columbia, Canada
It would be awesome.

I think USMC should get 2 APCs under the Carrier, and 1 at Arty Island..

Maybe the Chinese can get 1 at airfield.. Don't want to give them too much or they will rape the Arty Island with it.
floodgate
+2|6196
i think a couple of linebackers would be better

give those j-10 whores somthing to wory about
psH
Banned
+217|6391|Sydney
AHAHAHAH they would just be on america, as chinese ones could just roam to the carrier!

AND, if only AMERICA had em, the whole thing would be unbalanced!
103Steve
+2|6164|England
I think APCs in Wake would ruin the map.
DRKillusion
+10|6483|glued to my chair

Doms wrote:

AHAHAHAH they would just be on america, as chinese ones could just roam to the carrier!

i think the map is unbalanced enough with those j10's ..

PS. dom is emo
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6410|dm_maidenhead
I don't think its a good idea. Wake is fine how it is.

You say there is the least armour play on a map like highway tampa, kubra dam, gulf of oman etc where there is loads of it.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6175
A Linebacker wouldn't be too bad on Wake.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6586|Columbus, OH
sounds good but wish they had AI Tiger Sharks in the water....any one who falls in the water better get out before getting eaten, especially pilots who bail out of their airplane, players trying to swim from North to South (vice versa) flags, etc.

Last edited by loubot (2007-06-21 05:29:09)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6628|Mhz

A couple for USMC would be good, night stop people sitting around on the carrier wondering what to do and evryone likes to whore armor, China rape enough with planes, giving them APCs too would be a really bad idea.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6657|Washington DC

BootsJD wrote:

Hey guys A question I always wondered and think would be a great Idea is Why is there no APCs in Wake Island.
Let's see ... the US usually can't get off the carrier anyway.  With APCs, the Chinese would then have another tool to rape and pillage the carrier and arty island.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6229|Finland

ChevyLee86 wrote:

i think there isn't enough land for APC's (even though they go in water) just to small

and that would change how wake is played

if you china hop in a apc and cruse across the water to your next flag

probably no fun
Yeah i have same opinion...
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6378|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Doms wrote:

No it wouldn't. Z-10's would rape them anyway, cos they are damn slow in the water. I doubt it would add much to the game at the start. Maybe if they spawned at cap flags for the US could it be helpful, otherwise they are just another bomb and TV magnet.
Slickfish
+24|6631
APC's im not sure, I recon afew RIB's say at the air field would be cool.
BluRR33
+27|6395|Sweden
u can rape almost everywhere with an APC so its not funny in wake then its a small island only and one carrier
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6310
See a lot of people assume that it would ruin the map.

In fact out of the 500,000 people or million people that play could think differently.

Not everyone thinks alike.

I think an APC would be an great addition to wake island.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6413|Earth
Most people would probably agree that an APC would just be a new way to rape the carrier. I think it would be completely fair to maybe add in an amphibious and armored transport that has nothing more than maybe a .50 on top and you can fire your weapons out of windows. No 40mm cannon on top. Just a thought.
Signature
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone

pyscofrawg wrote:

Most people would probably agree that an APC would just be a new way to rape the carrier. I think it would be completely fair to maybe add in an amphibious and armored transport that has nothing more than maybe a .50 on top and you can fire your weapons out of windows. No 40mm cannon on top. Just a thought.
+ its really too slow in the water
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
aj0405
+19|6168
i think if there are any APCs on Wake it should only be one and it should be on the US side to balance things out.add too many and you'd probably get a group of APCs swimming around to the back of the airfield to rape everything that spawns.
im_in_heaven
+27|6596
cuz then some american noob would park an apc on the boarder of the map and sit there just to be a prick
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51
Even if it did manage to dodge the planes and the chopper, then as soon as it tries to get on land it will get buttraped by a tank.
SteikeTa
+153|6755|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

DRKillusion wrote:

Doms wrote:

i think the map is unbalanced enough with those j10's ..

PS. dom is emo
That's because you can't fly.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6537|Belgium
The water in wake is very shallow, it might be able to actually drive from one side the the other.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard