Berserker2682
+0|6126
Hi All

can anybody answer me what vehicles grenades damage? For all those occasions when i'm running to a sniper spot and a tank rolls on by, should i be attempting to grenade it?
Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

Grenades can damage light vehicles and aircrafts, but they do diddly-squat on tanks.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6424|Ontario, Canada
Unless your support, don't bother.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6665|The Ville

Berserker2682 wrote:

Hi All

can anybody answer me what vehicles grenades damage? For all those occasions when i'm running to a sniper spot and a tank rolls on by, should i be attempting to grenade it?
no you shouldn't attempt to grenade a tank rolling bye. It will give your position away since your a sniper. If the tank was smoking a lot I always attempt to throw a couple at it while hiding.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary

Berserker2682 wrote:

Hi All

No, nades usless against Armour.
aj0405
+19|6131
the most damage i've ever taken from a nade in a tank is 2 bars,and you have to land it perfectly under the tank.so unless you have an entire squad tossing nades at the tank and the tank can't see you then no,don't waste nades on it.however,if the tank is hurting pretty bad and is preoccupied,tossing a nade at it and running is never a bad idea.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6561|Reisterstown, MD

Actually, they do do some damage.  The best time to kill a tank with a hand grenade is when it is close being blown up.  Some people don't know this but you can also blow up assets with a hand grenade when it is on fire.
d.cripz
+29|6380

killer21 wrote:

Actually, they do do some damage.  The best time to kill a tank with a hand grenade is when it is close being blown up.  Some people don't know this but you can also blow up assets with a hand grenade when it is on fire.
uh, we all know this. Its common sense that if something is almost dead grenades can finish it off.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6434|Tyne & Wear, England
Throw one when someone has launched a couple of RPG's at it, and I'm sure you steal the credit for the kill.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Berserker2682
+0|6126
nice guys, thanks a lot!

No more wasted attempts...not to mention un-needed deaths.
Skullcleaver
+7|6127|Michigan
No, don't bother unless your support or the thing is already spewing black smoke.
Berserker2682
+0|6126
what difference does it make if I'm support? 

I can refill my grenade supply?
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6623|pimelteror.de
one grenade does one point damage to the tank.

so if you can throw about 16 grenades on the tank in a short period of time and without being killed by the tank, you set it on fire and can destroy the tank. sometimes it is even enough to damage it significantly, when two guys throw their grenades on it. after being damaged to 50%, many of the tank drivers try to escape for repairs or abandon the tank, because they are afraid of a single anti tank rocket, which could easily kill them then.
Silentkillr69
+6|6148|Chicago

Berserker2682 wrote:

And how would you do that in the field?
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6434|meh-land
play singleplayer and drive a tank

believe me, grenade can kill a tank, but you need a squad of suicidal idiots/AIs to do it.  A squad of 6 supports of course could kill a tank pretty fast, but...
Berserker2682
+0|6126

Silentkillr69 wrote:

Berserker2682 wrote:

throw an ammo bag on the ground then run over it...
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
technically yes but realistically no.
David.P
Banned
+649|6244

Ryan wrote:

Grenades can damage light vehicles and aircrafts, but they do diddly-squat on tanks.
One bar exactly. You can kill a tank with nades, Especially the GL it works alot better. Has anyone else here ever taken out a tank with nades?

killer21 wrote:

And with tv missles 2-3 shots(Depending on the asset, Arty takes less for some reason)
senor_fulff
+25|6730|Yorkshire, UK.

Ryan wrote:

hardly... i have killed several tanks with nades...

a smoking tank takes a couple of nades to blow up... so there...
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6307
one time my tank had 5 bars of health and i ran over a claymore and it blew me to pieces

nades probably nothing unless its smoking bad
agent146
+127|6357|Jesus Land aka Canada

killer21 wrote:

yub its approximately 2 bars. on a healthy tank and your on your own then chucking a nade at a tank is not recommended. with a bunch of buddies and support then yes.
i know from experience i know that arty rarely and i MEAN RAREly hit tanks/apcs and when they do they dont' do much damage either. So i lulz at inexperienced tankers- they panic in an arty strike and try to run away from the flag that they were trying to cap.
Now for something else: how many shots from the anti air sites does it take to take out a tank/apc?
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6757|Bulgaria
Grenades DO damage tanks, but don't hope to kill a tank in such a way - only if it has 10% health left, hehe
Do you remember, guys, in BF1942 it was different and grenades were a real menace for the tanks! I'm happy this is not the case in BF2
Suicidal
+20|6479

Berserker2682 wrote:

Silentkillr69 wrote:

Berserker2682 wrote:

throw an ammo bag on the ground then run over it???
I added some ??? for extra effect.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

David.Podedworny wrote:

Has anyone else here ever taken out a tank with nades?
I have as support. The enemy commander went AFK in a tank, so after a fair amount of time and loads of thrown nades the tank blew up. I then continued to knife him every 15s Sometimes life is good
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6434|A W S M F O X
Ya, in single player mode on Expert with ratio totally against you they rape you in seconds with nades.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard