Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6734
I just gotta rant.  I live with two girls, engaged to one, other is cool.  Only problem is her boyfriend decided to show her how to use bittorrent and now she has at least 3 downloads going a day, all day, no matter what. I can't play at all, connectivity sucks, pings are erratic, etc.  Kinda disappointing truthfully.  I live with girls for crying out loud who woulda thought that these two smoking hot ladies would care a shit about downloads and the stuff.  oh well, i'm off to go workout i guess.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
stab them
lord.knaslaban
+13|6536|Uppsala, Sweden
just close/pause the downloads when you play and start them up again after, no one will notice.....
<SharpShot>
chronic gamer
+17|6290|Canadia

Simon wrote:

stab them
i agree
ReDevilJR
+106|6321

Ridir wrote:

I just gotta rant.  I live with two girls, engaged to one, other is cool.  Only problem is her boyfriend decided to show her how to use bittorrent and now she has at least 3 downloads going a day, all day, no matter what. I can't play at all, connectivity sucks, pings are erratic, etc.  Kinda disappointing truthfully.  I live with girls for crying out loud who woulda thought that these two smoking hot ladies would care a shit about downloads and the stuff.  oh well, i'm off to go workout i guess.
Screw up their bittorant? Or simply limit the amount of bandwidth consumed from the bittorant - like how limewire can...
Microwave
_
+515|6625|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Who pays for what?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
Search for an unencrypted network in the vicinity to leech off. That's what I do when my housemates are hogging the bandwidth.
ReDevilJR
+106|6321
Or give them a nasty virus, that won't even allow them to turn the computer on, whichever works best for you
XBurnerX
+5|6575|MS - US
Does your router have a way to manage bandwidth?  If not, get one.  You can limit how much bandwidth she gets so you still get enough to keep your pings low.
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6734
Its a linksys wireless model,  I think I might have a way I have to check on the admin page for it...  When she wasn't home the other day I paused them and my girl came home and i got an earful because I went in her room blah blah blah blah blah... then she came home and was kinda butt hurt cause she can't download at night because there are no users on that have the files etc etc....

and we all pay equal, but I gotta find a way to limit her bandwidth its driving me nuts that I can't get on for 2 minutes.
rambo43
Banned
+35|6193

Ridir wrote:

I just gotta rant.  I live with two girls, engaged to one, other is cool.
Kinky
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

set Qos in router
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6734

rambo43 wrote:

Ridir wrote:

I just gotta rant.  I live with two girls, engaged to one, other is cool.
Kinky
i wish, but my fiancee is kinda protective, jealous with me and other girls because i'm a bit of a flirt so i get nothing good out of the deal now.  rent is cheap but not worth some of the shit i have to deal with.  they are exact opposite times of the month so one is either bitchy or moany all the time.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6655|West Yorkshire, U.K
Give her a slap and have a 3sum
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

ReDevilJR wrote:

Ridir wrote:

Screw up their bittorant? Or simply limit the amount of bandwidth consumed from the bittorant - like how limewire can...
YES! Answer. Limit there download speed.
Or talk to her about it.

Heres a fact:
Its actually the UPLOAD that lags your computer most. So, Set her seeding limit to like 3kbps and try your games then. Her download will increase and your connection should be fine. thats how i do it if i need to use the internet.
15 more years! 15 more years!
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6721|Chicago.
First,

CameronPoe wrote:

Search for an unencrypted network in the vicinity to leech off.
then...

ReDevilJR wrote:

Or simply limit the amount of bandwidth consumed from the bittorant
Best advice offered here.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada

BigmacK wrote:

First,

CameronPoe wrote:

Search for an unencrypted network in the vicinity to leech off.
then...

ReDevilJR wrote:

Or simply limit the amount of bandwidth consumed from the bittorant
Best advice offered here.
Editing whore, I was just about to quote and make fun of you
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Yeah, reduce download and upload speeds for it by like half or something. Plus all the other generic comical internet stuff people have said here, do that too.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6406|UK
welcome to my world...

what i did was get a bandwidth controler.

it splits your net into 2 channels

1 for downloading and 1 for other.

she can download to her hearts content and your ping wont be affected in the slightest

HOWEVER

it will affect her overall download speed and your ping.

but atleast u can play.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

ReDevilJR wrote:

Or give them a nasty virus, that won't even allow them to turn the computer on, whichever works best for you
I take it you mean computer virus, not one that doesnt allow them to turn it on cos they're dead or something?
ReDevilJR
+106|6321

bennisboy wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

I take it you mean computer virus, not one that doesnt allow them to turn it on cos they're dead or something?
lol, yes, I meant a computer virus. Or default their computer to bootup in safe mode every time, can't access the internet, right?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
Show her how to cap the bandwidth used by bittorent, and tell her to use it before you stop paying for a connection you can't use.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6554|England
Either strange in sleep, or

Use uTorrent > Schedule downloads > Only download at off peak times / whenever you're at work / not playing.

Note, option one is more effective.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6531|Australia, NSW
http://www.netlimiter.com/

then 'obtain' a crack for it 

install it on her computer when shes not there and just limit her downloads to a reasonable amount

its a pretty good program, as you can control what is downloading how much, stop usless programs like msn from loading new ads nonstop that slowly chew usage while your trying to game
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6617|Peoria
I have a similar problem with my roommate's gf.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard