Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6546|Bournemouth, South England
Posting this in response to this : LINK!

Everyone on here goes on about noobs, and how crap they are. Most people do actually know that noob derives from "newbie", but some people consider everyone to be "noobs" regardless of player ability.

My question is, How do you personally define someone as a noob?  Someone who has just started playing?  Someone with an inferior level of skill?  Someone just downright crap at games?

Before the flaming starts, this is personal views, open to discussion, but leave the personal flames out.  You immature little muppets.
Gfinners
+17|6341|Cornwall, England
Someone who doesn't have a clue what their doing, but insists on doing it anyway. Also, people who just like to irritate you and make sure your gaming session can be as crap as possible.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6557|Adelaide, South Australia

Gfinners wrote:

Someone who doesn't have a clue what their doing, but insists on doing it anyway. Also, people who just like to irritate you and make sure your gaming session can be as crap as possible.
adam1503
+85|6426|Manchester, UK
Someone who resorts to dirty tactics to get one over on you e.g. killing you with rockets instead of using a gun (have you no skill?) or spawncamping!

I should add, someone doesn't have to be a n00b to do something that is "n00bish".  I think a lot of the time, when someone calls you a n00b, its because you've just done something stupid, rather than them knowing that you lack any kind of skill of decency whatsoever...
aLeX
.?
+160|6369|:D

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Gfinners wrote:

I couldn't have put it better myself. Or people who just make you think "wtfbbq!?!?"
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6613|London
Let me find the post and quote myself on this one. brb.

EDIT: Found it

Aries_37 wrote:

The ones who decides who are noobs and who aren't are the pro players. The noobs don't get a say. That is THE VERY NATURE of online gaming and this whole retarded noob/pro thing. The noobs can say that they aren't doing nooby things- whatever- the fact is, compared to the good players they are noobs. Do the noobs care? I for one don't.

It's a game- play it for fun, yes 99% of players are classed as noobs so the chances of you being one are high...don't argue, have fun and care less.
In other words, noobs can't define who or what a noob is.

Last edited by Aries_37 (2007-06-20 05:07:04)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6501|meh-land
Noobs are people who do stupid things and such that only the greenest newest players should make, but they continue making them well past their germination period when they should have grown into at least pubnubs.  Probably 5% of pub players
Nubs are people who have been playing at the game for a while, and tend to have inflated egos and know how to play the game, but they suck anything you think they suck because they just aren't good at the game.  That's probably 80% of pub players
My other group of semi nubs are the people who are actually OK at the game when pubbing but they're not as great as they think they are, and they use guns like the G36E and brag about it.  Of course, if you're really good you can use whatever gun you want, but its the people who think they're way better than they are that get on my nerves.  another 5%

the remaining two groups are pub players who are actually genuinely good, and then there are the pros.
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6213|sverige
Those who thinks they are better than they really are and talks like that.
weasel_thingo
+74|6364

Gfinners wrote:

Djbrown
+129|6534|Adelaide, Aussieland
Noobs are the people who fly the attack helicopter so close to the ground you cant hit anything with a TV, then end up crashing.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6747|Charlie One Alpha
I'm oldskool at this. The only definition of 'noob' that I believe in is that of somebody who is new at the game. But the word "noob" is useful for spotting arrogant assholes, i.e. the people who use the word.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6327|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

adam1503 wrote:

Someone who resorts to dirty tactics to get one over on you e.g. killing you with rockets instead of using a gun (have you no skill?) or spawncamping!

I should add, someone doesn't have to be a n00b to do something that is "n00bish".  I think a lot of the time, when someone calls you a n00b, its because you've just done something stupid, rather than them knowing that you lack any kind of skill of decency whatsoever...
On that note, I was called a noob yesterday. Someone thought he'd be clever and claywhore the Gatehouse, and I blew him up with my Eryxso I wouldn't die. Once I gave him the teabagging he deserved, he came out of nowhere and said "yea keep doing that i own you noob".

This coming from a corporal (who I believe has no right to speak regardless).
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6687|Washington DC

There have been multiple warnings and bans in this thread, as people attempt to derail it or post spam ... make positive contributions to threads or don't post at all.
legalaliens5
+0|6201
Mod:  inappropriate comment removed

I was called a noob when, on a no-bunny-hopping-server, I hit "J" and said:

Hey, what happened to the no bunny hopping rule?

The response I got back from the bunny hopping little girl was:

STFU, noob

So there you go......?

Last edited by legalaliens5 (2007-06-20 09:56:30)

Renegade
+3|6275|E-Stonia
newb- somebody who has just started playing a certain game, thus hasnt got a clue whats going on.
noob- somebody who has played a certain game for ages, but still hasnt got the faintest idea and does stupid things and DOESENT ADMIT HIM BEING A NOOB.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6726|"The Empire"
A complete fucking idiot!!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6799

OrangeHound wrote:

There have been multiple warnings and bans in this thread, as people attempt to derail it or post spam ... make positive contributions to threads or don't post at all.
You are too grumpy.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6506
Some-one who makes a dumb excuse for getting pwnd. Like "G36E is overpowered" or something like that. The only reasonable ones are "gheymores suck" and "J10 is overpowered", all other excuses for getting pwnd are just that, excuses.

If you are like that you are a n00b.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6484|Chicago, IL

usmarine2005 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

You are too grumpy.
When the thread has the word NOOB in the title, what do you expect people to do?  We all know that there's some pretty crappy players out there, and we all have to deal with them occasionally, but the people that constantly complain about noobs are just as bad. (or even worse in many cases)

I say close the thread
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6546|Bournemouth, South England

S.Lythberg wrote:

When the thread has the word NOOB in the title, what do you expect people to do?  We all know that there's some pretty crappy players out there, and we all have to deal with them occasionally, but the people that constantly complain about noobs are just as bad. (or even worse in many cases)

I say close the thread
The idea of this discussion was to get an idea of what everyone thinks a "noob" is when they are playing, as different gamers have different views.  This isn't a rant or complaint about other players.  If you don't like the topic of discussion, then why post here?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6799

Penetrator_01 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I say close the thread
The idea of this discussion was to get an idea of what everyone thinks a "noob" is when they are playing, as different gamers have different views.  This isn't a rant or complaint about other players.  If you don't like the topic of discussion, then why post here?
I think he is saying there are multiple threads for the definition of noob, and most of those are filled with bollocks.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6722|West Yorkshire, U.K
I ruin gameplay by c4ing my own team on ff off servers, i drive my jeep infront of jets, I fire at anything except the enemy, I follow team mates, drive people off the server, insult admins, have compettions with my mate to see who can get banned first. Thats a n00b
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6490|Cambridge, UK

I don't define it, as I don't use the 'N' word...

As far as I'm concerned its mostly used just as a childish insult, along with the variant spellings of gay.

So I don't define the word, but I do have a definition for those that use it....
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6524|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
A player that acts like a tard while playing, no matter the rank. Like the 1stLT that was one my team on Gulf of Oman lastnight. We would be capping a flag and he would run a FAV into the group TKing us just to get the 2pts rather than 1 for an assist, or when I was in a RIB and he lit me up with his APC even though we were in the same squad and I was yelling cease fire.
cpt._crust
+3|6549

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Gfinners wrote:

Exactly.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard