jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

I'm glad this issue was brought up. Its about time some "law and order" was brought into play.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

DonFck wrote:

paper_pigeon wrote:

so say i karma someone for a post and in the Karma Text box i say for example "funny post man! dont forget to karma back - paper_pigeon"

that would end up in me being perma banned?
Moderators can see your karma; who you got it from, who you gave it to, etc. You would be caught and probably removed for 3 days, or at least slapped on the wrist with a warning + getting your own thread in the Mods only section for easier surveillance.
thats so gay!!!
15 more years! 15 more years!
TGMaverick
+16|6228

Chou wrote:

Karma = overrated
QFT
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6628|Washington, DC

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

DonFck wrote:

paper_pigeon wrote:

so say i karma someone for a post and in the Karma Text box i say for example "funny post man! dont forget to karma back - paper_pigeon"

Moderators can see your karma; who you got it from, who you gave it to, etc. You would be caught and probably removed for 3 days, or at least slapped on the wrist with a warning + getting your own thread in the Mods only section for easier surveillance.
thats so gay!!!
It's because back in the day ( and even today ), people would give some nasty karma messages to others.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

DonFck wrote:

paper_pigeon wrote:

Do I have my own thread?

And I often karma tayner, surgeon, etc with "omfg karmapadz0r" When they make a good post. is that not allowed?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6630|Finland

Jenspm wrote:

DonFck wrote:

paper_pigeon wrote:

Do I have my own thread?

And I often karma tayner, surgeon, etc with "omfg karmapadz0r" When they make a good post. is that not allowed?
Use common sense. We won't be warning/banning you if you joke around with "zomgkarmiepaddzorz!" if the post was good. Because the message is meant as a joke, right? RIGHT?

As far as personal threads in the Mod forums go: I'll never tell.
I need around tree fiddy.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

DonFck wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Do I have my own thread?

Use common sense. We won't be warning/banning you if you joke around with "zomgkarmiepaddzorz!" if the post was good. Because the message is meant as a joke, right? RIGHT?
oh, ummm, I, ummm, yes, of course.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

DonFck wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Do I have my own thread?

As far as personal threads in the Mod forums go: I'll never tell.
Also keep in mind people know eachother on here and can take a joke. If i karma Surgeon just saying "I'm going to kill you, then piss and shit all over you,asshole!" it's just a joke. Strange I know but that's the kind of sick jokes he's into.
warbastard46
+2|6155|bonnyscotland
oh my god people...can you not feel all the bad karma floating around this karma issue?haha....how many bloody posts do i need in order to give my special blend of karma out anyway? thats 4/5??? so far? ive read some good posts, agreeing with some whilst others are just dumb.
jord

warbastard46 wrote:

oh my god people...can you not feel all the bad karma floating around this karma issue?haha....how many bloody posts do i need in order to give my special blend of karma out anyway? thats 4/5??? so far? ive read some good posts, agreeing with some whilst others are just dumb.
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

Follow the rules guys or karma will be banished foreva!
jord

Ryan wrote:

Follow the rules guys or karma will be banished foreva!
That's a good incentive...

Well it would be if you could see karma, that way Chuy could make money to pay for this site.

We could sell them at 1p per karma.

Best idea,ever.
d.cripz
+29|6407
why would anyone care about karma? Especially someone else getting karma..
t0mhank5
+319|6710|Surge

DonFck wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Will, +1 someone back considered illegal now?

Edit: just curious
If you feel like giving karma back to someone, I see no problem with that.

However: Asking/begging for return-karma in karma-messages is an offense of the forum rules!
Good, im tired of people giving me karma for no reason expecting me to return it.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6575|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

t0mhank5 wrote:

DonFck wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Will, +1 someone back considered illegal now?

Edit: just curious
If you feel like giving karma back to someone, I see no problem with that.

However: Asking/begging for return-karma in karma-messages is an offense of the forum rules!
Good, im tired of people giving me karma for no reason expecting me to return it.
Bah free karma dont complain...just dont return it back...

Anyway! WHY dont you just remove that stupid Karma system anyway...dont make rules about it...remove it!

No Karma = No Karma Related problem...less "work" to do for the Mod...so they can ban Cdgomn faster!

Just remove the damn karma once for all!
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
So, The Karma Bandit is allowed to strike again?
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6288|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Something tells me that sturgeon_bond's banned again for a possible karma related reason.

Funny.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)
This is getting ridiculous and I shall hereby be seriously considering taking a break from active participation in these forums.
v3kt0r
+7|6225|in a cave w/ my guns & dope
I have good karma in the real world, and at the end of the day that's all that matters.
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6538|Grand Rapids, MI
You know BF2 has been out too long when when we're reduced to making up rules about how (not) to Karma people in a video game forum.

No flame intended; I just think this is kind of funny.

Back to real life!!!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Dang, no more of this then?
https://img77.imageshack.us/img77/2605/tempwn4.jpg
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6589|Reisterstown, MD

It is actually behalf.  Behalve is not a word..and...lol..

All this seems a little unnecessary...but yea.

Last edited by killer21 (2007-06-20 13:24:23)

Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6718|Scotland
Can I just raise a point. Don't wanna be flamed.

My view on this is. Yes, remove the "+1 me +1 you" things.

However, surely just saying "I like karma" or "help me reach my goal" isn't an offence. If it is, then surely it's someone's OWN choice to give another person karma. yes???
jord
Also, it's a bit late now.

I'm not right bothered, but 1000's of karma has been given to +1 me i'll +1 you or kama goal sigs. So the "damage" has already been done.
Microwave
_
+515|6653|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I hate sigs which have "help me reach my karma goal of x"   - surely that just ruins the whole idea of karma? Why does it make said person feel good if people have just given them it because they've asked.

If they want karma - contribute to the forums! jeeeeez

Oh and karma'ing someone back - why.....they've not done anything to deserve it!!

And @ the guy who said something about "don't forget to karma me back"  - why the fuck should he?!!!  / she

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard