What do Stas mean to you ?

Play for Fun, Dont Check My Stats..7%7% - 10
Play For Fun, Always Checking Stats..85%85% - 119
Hate Stats/Hate Ranked Servers2%2% - 3
Wish there was no Player History5%5% - 8
Total: 140
BootsJD
+10|6351
So I see all the Debate about people playing for stats. Some are all for it, Some are not. However there must me some large group of people that do play for stats.

The reason I say this is how many Ranked servers there are out there, For the price of what it costs for a Clan to Purchase I Ranked server through the run of a year they would be able to Through together a Dedicated server and Play the way they like, Password protect, Not have to worry about the "RoE" and so on. Im just curious on how many people that play BF2 that are posting on this Forum that "You should play for Points", or "Stats Mean Nothing" Actually do not prefer Ranked server.

Also with the Hot Topic all over Forums related to Stats Being down I am sure that most people should take the time and realize how this could be frusterating for some people when The pay good money (Say $60) a month for a RANKED server and for close to a week of that month you just have a Server to Play on. I know that its nice to have one but when me and my Buddys didnt have our server to play in we would just create a local, we had enough to join and have a fun game and not worry about points.

However when you go out to Purchase a RANKED server you have certain expectation, Like getting your Ranks, Badges, Hours Extra.

BF2 Is IMO the best game out there. And when I first heard about it and watch my friends play I was sold on the fact that there was a Game that I could play that was not just a TDM Or DM and you won the round, the round was over and you had nothing to show for it. Yes there is alot of Stat Padders and Glithers that try to run the "Stats" reputation. How ever I always thought that it was Probably one of my Favorite things the game had to offer that every game you play meant something. And people can do what they want with there stats, but if they really were nothing then Why is BF2S.com s Leaderboard so DAMN popular !!!

In this Poll I would like to see what a majority of Players play for, No need to post a reason if you dont feel. I am mainly interested in Poll results. However Comments would be nice as well.

BootsJD
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6603|meh-land
i play competetively, i like playing competetively, and i don't give a crap about stats.  But i occasionally check kdr just because, but it doesn't mean much about skill level given the way i play in pubs (doesn't matter how serious and concentrated you are, a swarm of grenades and a claymore field will always be >me
Longbow
+163|6787|Odessa, Ukraine
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6793|pimelteror.de
it´s nice to see your own k/d rising - it´s frustrating to see the leet zomfg onoz pro-stats from others....
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6443|The | Netherlands
Stats = life.

/report topic, it can be closed

Nah, I just play for fun but I like seeing my stats and earning badges etc.
BluRR33
+27|6528|Sweden
I PLay for Fun also for scores just to see how good i am
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6462|Orrstrayleea
Well usually i play for stats but the past few days have made me realise that they really arn't that damn important and ive had more fun without stats than ive ever had playing BF2
Raphi
Banned
+354|6399|Basel, Switzerland
stats r leife
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6878|Great Wall
This week proves that stats mean nothing to me -> 33 hours with BF2 this week, that's even more than usually
warbastard46
+2|6298|bonnyscotland
if it wasnt fun i wouldnt play the game...the game is brilliant, the best game ever bar fifa07 in my opinion(just look at my hours played), but the stats lead to promotions, and promotions lead to weapons unlocks, and, well....those weapons unlocks lead to me kicking everybodys ass at this game!!!hahaha its about time EA got a grip of this problem and get it sorted!! c'mon how hard can it be??? how much did this game cost again? and what does it say on the box? something about online gameplay may change? random freaky occurences like flying tanks are funny, but losing HARD EARNED  points is unacceptable, and is simply laziness by EA.battlefieldjunkie.

Last edited by warbastard46 (2007-06-19 02:50:44)

Drexel
+43|6616|Philadelphia
Spending an entire round of Cleansweep defending the MEC airfield from the occasional enemy, getting about 20 squad points total (5 members in the squad).  No, All our clan ever cares about is points.
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6354
The stats system is an integral part of the game. Now that the stats are fucked up i really don`t enjoy playing BF2 that much.
']['error
Banned
+630|6784|The Netherlands
st4tz r life
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6832|Calgary
Right now, its playing for fun
TheGiantSE
+14|6611|Sweden
Play for fun!
But stats are fun to look at and see if you improve

Don't really care too much about stats...
But it's always nice when you can get the gold on our own server
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6307
Play for fun, and checking my stats.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6789
fun
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6633|N. Ireland
fun and stats are bonus win. it is what makes battlefield 2 so big.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6864|Doncaster, England
Fun, I check my stats now and again.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6779|Montreal, Qc, Canada
My 2t4ts 4r3 t3h r34s0n 1 br34th
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6305
I play bf2 for stats, and i'm going to play as long as i can
jord
+2,382|6818|The North, beyond the wall.
I play it for the chicks.

Lol.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6426|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
I love the overall gameplay of BF2, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I earn a rank or award.
unit401
+4|6699
whats an unranked server?never heard of it before.
Sleepy8686
+2|6298
to me stats are an integral part of the playing experience as you get at least a long term sense of accomplishment. i dont really like how the elitists look down on people that are really into the stats aspect. We all enjoy the game for different reasons, no one is right or wrong about that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard