¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6225

Nyte wrote:

I'm gonna make a sniper video of this before the other posers do.
boooo..
i should make a video of raping the gdf forward spawn (when they have to do the emp thing) with my dark matter cannon
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6667|Canada
is this gonna b like 2142 "OMG OMG SOMEONE GIMME A KEY!!! I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR A KEY!!! PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!" ?
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6431|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
If anyone has a key i can use can you send it to me in a pm i missed out.
Entertayner
+826|6611

Flecco wrote:

I enjoy it a lot. My issues with it are far outweighed by the enjoyment I get from the ability to affect the outcome of the game on my own... Something which they nerfed out of BF2 and never had in 2142.

The inability for the Strogg to counter attack is crap, I agree... Blasting the crap out of any GDF who move from cover with the Strogg arty outweighs it though, I like to keep it varied and use all three different types of arty, as the dark matter cannon isn't always the best choice.

Only thing I'd like to see is a slight tuning of the accuracy of weapons.

Oh and Tayner only says it's shit because he doesn't have a key. ... His loss. Bahaha...

The gameplay in this beta has me won over, I'm getting the demo asap and buying asap.
I does, I hate it.  Graphics are shite too.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6705|NT, like Mick Dundee

Entertayner wrote:

Flecco wrote:

I enjoy it a lot. My issues with it are far outweighed by the enjoyment I get from the ability to affect the outcome of the game on my own... Something which they nerfed out of BF2 and never had in 2142.

The inability for the Strogg to counter attack is crap, I agree... Blasting the crap out of any GDF who move from cover with the Strogg arty outweighs it though, I like to keep it varied and use all three different types of arty, as the dark matter cannon isn't always the best choice.

Only thing I'd like to see is a slight tuning of the accuracy of weapons.

Oh and Tayner only says it's shit because he doesn't have a key. ... His loss. Bahaha...

The gameplay in this beta has me won over, I'm getting the demo asap and buying asap.
I does, I hate it.  Graphics are shite too.
You fail then. It is a beta by the way... Graphics might get some tinkering between now and then.

They beat BF2's too... By a longshot.

The gameplay is awesome when you get a decent fireteam working together. Or a decent team that has people who have some concept of what the team needs of them and their chosen class (STROGG MEDICS I'M LOOKING AT YOU).

Edit.

After another hopeless round I have to say I'm also looking at the Covert Ops players who don't deploy psi-radars... Ffs, what have you got to lose by dumping one down somewhere?

Last edited by Flecco (2007-06-25 02:04:15)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6693
tank whoring has to be the easiest thing ever. Park a titan on the hill that the GDF main base is on, and rape everything. You actually get points for being damaged as repairing = points.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
DooM
+28|6347
This bunny hoping shit just doesn't go with the game at all. No idea why but it looks kinda retarded where in Quake games its something that you need to do really. Suppose you'll get used to pushing the space bar every second.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Bottom line seems to be...

You love it or you hate it.

Only bunnyhopping I've seen to be effective is the strafejump technique to get to places fast. The guys who do it in combat get blasted on the servers I'm on by people crouching/prone for accuracy.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6621|Melbourne, Australia.
I played for an hour and abit tonight

Aids.

I have a full pimped rig - C2D E6400, 8800GTS, 2gig ram

and I was getting mini freezes (for like half a second) every 20 seconds or so. I don't know if it was a serverside issue, but it was very annoying.

Gameplay I didn't like - too much like Q4 and ET. Maybe its because I didn't know wtf I was doing most of the time (objectives and such) but meh.

First gun I shot was the strogg AR....reminds me of halo. Giant aliens and shit, no thanks....

I'de rather play 2142 than this, and thats saying something.
zeidmaan
+234|6455|Vienna

A game that advertises that it elevates teamwork to an art form does not even have VOIP.
/fail

And considering that it takes 10 hits to kill some one and that you need maybe 30 shots to actually score 10 hits (DONT TELL ME I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO AIM) only fun I had was with sniper rifle and rocket launcher. Bunny hoping with rocket launcher and shooting under peoples feet is a trademark of Quake games and it doesnt fail here either.
DooM
+28|6347

zeidmaan wrote:

A game that advertises that it elevates teamwork to an art form does not even have VOIP.
/fail

And considering that it takes 10 hits to kill some one and that you need maybe 30 shots to actually score 10 hits (DONT TELL ME I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO AIM) only fun I had was with sniper rifle and rocket launcher. Bunny hoping with rocket launcher and shooting under peoples feet is a trademark of Quake games and it doesnt fail here either.
In Quake games I'd say the Railgun was the skill gun. Rocket launcher is fine but when you have everybody using it, it gets annoying, fast.
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6497|UK
I dnt particularly like this game. Its too eratic.

The only thing i remotely like is the sniper rifle.

Last edited by [[[@lph@]]]_Templar (2007-06-25 05:03:12)

Rogue_granny
+22|6606
Im the same, the landscape is stunning but the animation of the characters sucks, just seems to be something realty wooden about their movement. I can see me playing it but not as much as any battlefield, a bit of a let down really thought it was going to be better.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6804

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

too much like Q4 and ET
hmmm...
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6712|UK
It's a beta you dumb, ignorant, shit for brains, nincompoops!

Find bugs, the eye candy and sound will be stored out in due course.

Ungrateful bastards! They could have done a DICE and let ship with a zillion bugs like BF2 did and take 2 years to TRY and fix and still failed miserably not to mention totally bork the game for the winny bitches that only played 30 mins a week.  I want my fucking blackhawk back.

Sheesh.

BTW the landscape is John Carmacks doing, wikipedia 'megatexture'.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6712|UK
BTW can someone tell Chuy its ET:QW

That pisses off the nerds on The ET:QW forums!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6483|Stealth City, UK

m3thod wrote:

It's a beta you dumb, ignorant, shit for brains, nincompoops!

Find bugs, the eye candy and sound will be stored out in due course.

Ungrateful bastards! They could have done a DICE and let ship with a zillion bugs like BF2 did and take 2 years to TRY and fix and still failed miserably not to mention totally bork the game for the winny bitches that only played 30 mins a week.  I want my fucking blackhawk back.

Sheesh.

BTW the landscape is John Carmacks doing, wikipedia 'megatexture'.
You can only say that when its done. I'm pretty sure you would've thought the same thing on a BF2 Beta, but look how that turned out. From what I've played on it, and it is pretty limited becasue of work, bunny hopping isn't too much of a problem because they eventually figure out that aiming and actually hitting the target are two different things! I kind of like the objectives and stuff but I think I'm in the mindset of just wanting to shoot people with my squad and not worry about anything else.

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-06-25 12:39:27)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6503|meh-land
I like it.  It may take some getting used to, because the guns shoot slowly and are so accurate that you have to hold your gun right over their head, but once you get used to headshots it feels great
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6263|Escea

I quite like the driving, how he holds the steering wheel and turns it and so on, and the NOS, al in all I pretty much like this game, even though my terrain and landscapes suck at the mo, my comp also crashes if i try to up them.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

I worked out why it's crashed twice.

Seems the engine, my PC and Winamp don't like each other. Especially when trying to disconnect from a server where the nubs don't know how to "readyup" for the game...

Wish they could program nubbiness out of games... Oh wait, they tried with BF2 by nerfing everything...

Last edited by Flecco (2007-06-25 17:11:59)

mauirixxx
+1|6716|Kihei, Maui (hawaii yo!)
haha I was one of the nubs that didn't hit the ready button ... and I was sitting there for like 2 minutes going wtf ... let's roll already!

heh oops .....

It was a nice change of pace from BF2, it's just something new to get used to. I rather liked the graphics, though I think my system is in need of a fresh install, since if I don't reboot daily I start to incur some FPS chop.... 2*7800GT in SLI FTL

On a fresh reboot though, it plays quite smooth for me, albeit I'm stuck on a shiytt 15" CRT that maxes at 1024*768.

Specs:
AMD 4200 dual core
2gb ram
X-fi Extrememusic
2*7800 GT in SLI
Triple booting between XP Pro, XP Pro x64, and Vista Ultimate (Microsoft TechNET, I love my subscription)

Can't wait for a more polished demo to get released.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6263|Escea

mauirixxx wrote:

haha I was one of the nubs that didn't hit the ready button ... and I was sitting there for like 2 minutes going wtf ... let's roll already!

heh oops .....

It was a nice change of pace from BF2, it's just something new to get used to. I rather liked the graphics, though I think my system is in need of a fresh install, since if I don't reboot daily I start to incur some FPS chop.... 2*7800GT in SLI FTL

On a fresh reboot though, it plays quite smooth for me, albeit I'm stuck on a shiytt 15" CRT that maxes at 1024*768.

Specs:
AMD 4200 dual core
2gb ram
X-fi Extrememusic
2*7800 GT in SLI
Triple booting between XP Pro, XP Pro x64, and Vista Ultimate (Microsoft TechNET, I love my subscription)

Can't wait for a more polished demo to get released.
Consider yourself lucky graphically, my game runs nice and smooth, but the terrian and surrounding landscape is not doing too well in the graphics department, once I'm in the sewers its fine and reminds me very much if Doom 3, but I can't change my graphics settings or resolution without the screen going black and then nothing happening .
Dragonclaw
+186|6345|Florida
The one thing this game really needs is the gruesome decapitations, mutilations, brains, decapitated living humans in test tubes and gore that Quake 4 had.
MetalChont
+18|6589|Sydney, Australia
I'm pretty sure you would've thought the same thing on a BF2 Beta, but look how that turned out.
BF2 is out of beta?!?!?

Wish they could program nubbiness out of games... Oh wait, they tried with BF2 by nerfing everything...
No, that was to make the game MORE friendly to the fucking retards who can't hit a PJer/find cover when a BH is around/figure out how to down a BH etc.
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6219
I have been playing it a lot the last couple of days, and i absolutely hate it.
A) Everything is inacurate and week
B) VEHICLES SUCK! A rifle can take out the "Heavy" Tanks
C) Graphics do suck! i can run BF2 at a high-medium setting, in quake wars, it looks way worse for the settings i can run them.
D) Vehicles are jerky
E) They make it seem like theres a lot of dif weapons, but not really at all
F) GAH! IT SUCKS SO BAD!
G) Squads are freaking worthless, no VOIP, no teamwork, no nothing
H) Thought BF2 medics were anoying? quake wars shock paddles take about half a second to be ready to go again.
In conclusion, unless serious changes are made, im not buying it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard