Chaos_nation
Anarchy in the UK
+6|6192|Wolverhampton

Maverick-DBZ- wrote:

Read what I posted above you're post. It comes from EA directly!
Save your breath, it seems that all ppl want to do on here is bitch about EA and how buggy EA have coded BF2 which only further demonstrates how utterly ignorant they are since BF2 was created, coded and put together by DICE.

Activision to the rescue with COD 4. Lets hope that they learned their lessons from COD 2 which was released full of bugs and needed patching near enough straight away AND without any form of anticheat protection. Yeah, Nice decision by Activision.

Games will be released with bugs in them simply because a deadline will have passed and these major games companies will want to cash in on prime sales slots.

Anyone who has the slightest idea of how gaming companies market these games will understand that there are several points during the year that are optimum times for releasing titles which is why games get released with bugs and why patches are necessary.

Maybe its cool to slag off companies nowadays...It could be me that's wrong.

Last edited by Chaos_nation (2007-06-28 17:17:43)

Maverick-DBZ-
+0|6718|USA, California
At least I can say I tried.

*goes to play bf2*
Evolution1
+2|6156
i will just wait for my stats to update
Seaneroo
+12|6666

wingman_lajoda wrote:

Yeaaaa .....The queue have some movement.... From 20k to  1,772nd
OK, so how do you determine where you are in the queue?
Loopy-705
+2|6165
You know why ppl bitch, bc ppl want to play games to either have fun or relax after work...and when the one thing that takes the stress out of the day if fawking bugged or not working, then it's a metaphorical shiat on my/our corn flakes and bc we can't relieve stress through games, we do it on the forums about the ppl who fuct our day...not like any of the major companies care anyways so fack it, fack them, fack you, im out.

Last edited by Loopy-705 (2007-06-28 19:10:11)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6686|Middle of nowhere
i'm going to wait until next tuesday to bitch about my stats not updating, the weird this is i finally got out of the queue but nothing updated

ah well, i have faith
LTC.Thunder
+4|6296|USA
From what I have been reading, servers that are not updating stats just need to be restarted and they will work right away.  I cant remember where I read that.

Last edited by LTC.Thunder (2007-06-28 20:01:28)

stalymi
+2|6457|NS
Hey my stats updated!!! I played a couple rounds and my score updated!! YEAH!!!
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6319
the most worthless topic has 53 pages in 12 days
stalymi
+2|6457|NS
DID ANYONE SEE THIS POST YET???

Stats Issue Feedback Thread - Please Only Post Here (2)
Posted:Jun 27, 2007 4:50 PM Reply Alert

There seems to be a lot of confusion in the original Stats Issue Feedback Thread, so I'm hoping to clarifiy things a little here. Seems most people don't want to dig through 24 pages of posts to find updates and answers to their questions. So I will take the same 4 or 5 questions I see constantly being posted, and answer them there. Please post any feedback, and please keep it constructive.

"Will I get my stats I gained during the 2 week outage?"

Yes you will. All the stats that were collected over the last 2 weeks were stored, but not processed. The servers are currently trying to process all that information in addition to the current streaming information.

"If the stats are fixed, why have they not updated for me?"

Since the servers are busy chewing on over 2 weeks of information in addition to the current streaming information, it may take up to a week for them to catch up. Please be patient. Over the next week or so, it may appear that the stats are still broken, but i assure you they are processing. It's just going to take some time to catch up. Please do not spam this thread with "My stats still aren't updating". EA realizes that not everyone is getting noticable updates. They are sporadic at best, but that is due to the fact that the stats servers are 2 weeks behind in the processing. Your stats will eventually update! EA could have purged all those waiting stats in favor of just getting back on track with the current updating, but you should be thankful that they decided not to do that. It's a small sacrifice to pay in order to get all your stats from that 2 week period that otherwise would have been lost.

"I played on a server, and nothing updated. Why?" or "I have 2 servers. One updates, and one does not. Why?"

From what I understand, a server needs to restart in order to start streaming the stats info to EA. If you are on a server that does not appear to be updating at all, ask the server admin to do a restart. If your server has been restarted and still doesn't update, it's likely because it happens to be at the back of the queue for stats. Once the servers chew through the last 2 weeks worth of stats info, and the server has been restarted, everything should function normally. If the server has not restarted, I do not know if those stats are safe. There has been no official word from EA on that matter, so we will have to wait and see.

"Will the stats from the 2 week outage be processed before current stats?"

In theory, yes. But the funny thing about computers is that sometimes they don't always function like you expect them too. So you may see a few new stats processed before the old ones. EA has not given a clearcut answer on this question, but logic dictates that this is how it should work. There may be a few exceptions though, so don't come yelling at me if it doesn't work that way for you.

"What caused the outage?"

EA has not yet put together a report on this. They are waiting until the stat servers get caught up with processing all the stats, and then they will comment officially on this matter. Violet says she will update us when she gets that info.

I hope this answers a few of the most common questions, and saves you from digging through a 24 page thread for these answers. Please do not spam the forums with these questions as they have now been answered for you in a central location. Let me know if I have missed anything important, and I will add it to this post. Happy gaming!
siciliano732
+202|6657|New York
^^^ FINALLY....USEFUL INFO!

thank you! +1 to you kind sir!
Maverick-DBZ-
+0|6718|USA, California
I posted that small tidbit of the EA update on page 52 but people don't seam to care. Like Chaos_nation said, you're wasting your breath.

The stats severs are working again. The problem is there back logged with two weeks worth of stats so they need time to catch up.
Koavauxe
+15|6434
I can confirm stats are updating @ Internode BF2 #07 (Inf,24on16) as I've just played a few rounds and my stats have updated right after the rounds had finished.
Capn Crunch
+0|6156
53 pages worth of people complaining about GAME STATS! and people compaining about people complaining!  lol....we all need lives dont we?  lol  (I know Im just as guilty....)  peace

Crunch
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6795|Bulgaria
useful info my a**!!!!
From yesterday I got only 6 points!!!!!!! wtf?? I earned at least 100 points!
And of course, so far not a single point from the outage!!!
But I am really pissed off, because the outage still goes on! When I play, I can never be sure whether the server records my stats!!!!
EA sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Casartelli
No skills, just luck
+14|6158|The Netherlands
Lets see if it works

Next Update  13th

I had 18730 points and i expect around 700 points and at least the veteran spec ops badge (i earned it 5 times) You can see in my sig if it has updated. (It's now 8.23 AM (CET))
Suicidal
+20|6517
It's utter bullshit.

I played quite a few hours last week and average 200+pts/hour but I only got 150pts updated!

It should have been about 1500pts.

They only updated the points for the servers that we knew were updating anyway........
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6471|A W S M F O X
Cant this be closed FFS, its just little boys whining about precious stats and how EA buttraped them, thereby giving them the only sex they will ever have.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6244|Uk

JET_G raidensen wrote:

Cant this be closed FFS, its just little boys whining about precious stats and how EA buttraped them, thereby giving them the only sex they will ever have.
for people who actually care (im not saying i do too much but the info is still handy) this thread had been useful, as opposed to your 'i have the maturity of a 7 year old' insult which for your information, was absolute shite and is no use to anyone.
Suicidal
+20|6517

JET_G raidensen wrote:

12yo?
JG1567JG
+110|6596|United States of America
Has anybody recieved any updates from the 2 week outage.  I  played a round on the bf2s US server a couple of hours ago and everything updated fine.  I still do not think that anybody will get their stats from the outage.
ToughGuy#3
+2|6167

Suicidal wrote:

It's utter bullshit.

I played quite a few hours last week and average 200+pts/hour but I only got 150pts updated!

It should have been about 1500pts.

They only updated the points for the servers that we knew were updating anyway........
Same here. I think EA is full of $h!t.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6795|Bulgaria

JET_G raidensen wrote:

that was very stupid. If you say that you don't care, why do you bother open this thread at all? So better STFU, kid
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6471|A W S M F O X
My point is that there should just be a locked thread with all the USEFUL info and not 45 pages of mindless gibberish.

Whatever, props to mkxiii for coming up with a actual insult.
Evolution1
+2|6156

JET_G raidensen wrote:

If you dont have anything nice to say then dont say it at all

Last edited by Evolution1 (2007-06-28 23:59:36)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard