Qrite
sup g
+79|6181|Ohio
im going to be getting a new mouse pretty soon and ....  my friend has a Logitech MX-518

https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/qrite272/20050421-20050421-518_Large.gif

and he loves it and highly recommends it .    i was just wondering if anyone has a better mouse that i should get but not all too expensive . thanks.
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6209
Logitech: MX518
Razer: DeathAdder
Microsoft: Habu
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6746
Logitech MX-518  Is what I use and its really good.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6649|can

paranoid101 wrote:

Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6490|P-way, NJ

paranoid101 wrote:

Computer_Guy
+54|6704
Razer Copperhead!!! FTW!!!
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6782

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

Can we get a quote pyramid going here?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York

2tuff wrote:

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center
Logitech G5.

...although I'm pretty sure the mx518 is almost identical.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6655|Norway

Poseidon wrote:

2tuff wrote:

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

G5 is overrated. It's supposed to be more accurate but i dont think it's much difference. Besides the G5 only have one thumb button, thats why i got the mx518
HITNRUNXX
+220|6716|Oklahoma City

Fredrik wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

2tuff wrote:

G5 is overrated. It's supposed to be more accurate but i dont think it's much difference. Besides the G5 only have one thumb button, thats why i got the mx518
I have a G5 and love it. The new version of the G5 also has 2 thumb buttons...
RiceKrispie
+27|6394|Ottawa, ON
Razer
ProteinRage
Hero of the Internet
+15|6476|Everywhere and nowhere
Logitech G5 or MX-518. Both killer mice, both perform well in gaming. Minor differences in the button layout but unnoticable when blasting fools.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6677|Everett, WA, US
MX Revolution.

It's wireless, has a recharging dock, a full charge lasts a week if you use it alot, it has left and right click, a forward and reverse, left and right scroll, middle click, and a thumb wheel foreward and reverse.  All of the buttons are bindable with the included software, so I use mine for squad talk, prone, parachute, the secondary command  key, switching to knife and pistol, and changing views and positions in vehicles.  It alos looks a lot cooler than the G series IMO.  It's a sort of matte grey with reflective black trim and polished aluminum wheels.

Some of the negatives include a mere 800dpi sensitivity which is low for a laser mouse.  Won't make much of a difference unless you play over 1024x768.  Still doesn't change much for me though at the highest BF2 allows.  It's also prone to interference from other devices in it's frequency.  I get something that makes it jump every now and then.  So far not often enough to make me go in search of it but some of the culprits nearby are my router, subwoofer, or monitor.  Could be my cell phone to, although there are no Bluetooth devices nearby.

I bought it for $100, which wasn't really worth it, but if you can find it for $75, it is a VERY good mouse and I'm happy with it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage … e+-+Retail

Last edited by NemeSiS-Factor (2007-06-16 21:19:29)

sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6238

paranoid101 wrote:

Maj.Do
+85|6758|good old CA
i have a razer copperhead and its pretty nice.  But you should just go to a local store and try out the mouses there.  I know bestbuy has G5s and copperheads on display.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6242|United Kingdom
razer diamondback
Dangles
+3|6208

Computer_Guy wrote:

Razer Copperhead!!! FTW!!!
GFT
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6763|Scotland

Either the Razer Deathadder or the G5/G7 mouse.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6556|EUtopia | Austria
DeathAdder > MX518 > Diamondback > Copperhead, G5 and the rest.
infrared > traditional optical with neat shape > traditional optical > laser sensors
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6572|Area 51

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

Yep, I have had my Mx518 for about a year now I guess and it still going strong. A good mouse, but if you want a mouse that can handle higher DPI than try looking for another one.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6368|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
[REB]Qrite, my mouse pwns yours so hard.  make sure you get a mouse with 2 thumb buttons
Qrite
sup g
+79|6181|Ohio
i got a MX-518 and i  love it
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6627|Mhz

Wait for the daddy of all mice to come back in its latest incarnation.

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main … ucts_id=70
Cowbell_Kevin
+8|6551
I know someone is going to say use the "search" anyway but...

What is everyone opinion on the mousing surface?  Anyone buy anything special (extra flat) for the mouse to rest on?  I'm still old school on my mouse as well.  Looking to buy one but will need to replace this mouse pad because it has about 1k worth of divots in it from times I kinda got mad.  I'm sure the laser would have a time measuring correctly on this pad.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard