notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6738|The United Center
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there are any Rage Against the Machine fans here. 

They're one of my top two favorite bands of all time and I was pretty upset when they broke up, especially since I was supposed to see them play live.  They were touring with the Beastie Boys (on the Rhyme&Reason tour, I believe) when Mike D hurt his shoulder a couple of shows before the Chicago one.  While they were rescheduling that show, Zach de la Rocha (the lead singer of RATM) left the band.  This was in 2000 I believe.

...then this year they reunited and played Coachella, a music festival in California.  Rumors abound that they were going to tour and it was made official that they would play Rock the Bells, a music festival in New York.

Well, today their tickets went on sale for their only midwest show, at an outdoor venue called Alpin Valley in southern Wisconsin, about an hour and a half north of where I am.  I set my alarm for 9:56 since tickets went on sale at 10.  Sure enough, I got mine.

Anyway, is anyone else a fan of these guys?  Moreso, is anyone going to any of their shows?

https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/etranes227/Ratm.jpg
Ryan
+1,230|6834|Alberta, Canada

No doubt there are fans here.
I don't listen to them, but I can give them a try.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6227|Uk
yeah im a fan, ive got the self titled album, evil empire and renegades.

hearing of their upcoming gigs and possibility of them getting back together is great...however its kind of bitter-sweet for me as another one of my favourite bands is audioslave
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there are any Rage Against the Machine fans here. 

They're one of my top two favorite bands of all time and I was pretty upset when they broke up, especially since I was supposed to see them play live.  They were touring with the Beastie Boys (on the Rhyme&Reason tour, I believe) when Mike D hurt his shoulder a couple of shows before the Chicago one.  While they were rescheduling that show, Zach de la Rocha (the lead singer of RATM) left the band.  This was in 2000 I believe.

...then this year they reunited and played Coachella, a music festival in California.  Rumors abound that they were going to tour and it was made official that they would play Rock the Bells, a music festival in New York.

Well, today their tickets went on sale for their only midwest show, at an outdoor venue called Alpin Valley in southern Wisconsin, about an hour and a half north of where I am.  I set my alarm for 9:56 since tickets went on sale at 10.  Sure enough, I got mine.

Anyway, is anyone else a fan of these guys?  Moreso, is anyone going to any of their shows?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/ … 7/Ratm.jpg
WOOOOOOO i love rage against the machine!
+1 2 U

There is no replacement for Zach De La Rocha's voice. Its unique.
Just for that im gunna listen to some right now.

The only thing i dont like about them are there politcal views...
But nuff about that
15 more years! 15 more years!
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6223
I actually love to listen to Rage when playing a game where sound doesn't matter, like CS.  I used to listen to them in high school before football games and such.  It's good action music.  I can't say that I like Audioslave as much as I did Rage against the Machine, but they're still alright.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6623|Finland

I've been a fan since 1992 when "Killing in the Name" and the RATM-album came out. I hope they take their tour to Europe / Finland, because I missed them in 1996 when Evil Empire had come out .
I need around tree fiddy.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)
Wouldn't call myself a 'fan'. But yeah, they're 'my cup of tea' as we english say.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6227|Uk

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Wouldn't call myself a 'fan'. But yeah, they're 'my cup of tea' as we english say.
english people rock
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6749|06-01
happiness with the human

Last edited by tthf (2007-06-16 11:16:39)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

mkxiii wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

english people rock
this is true.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-06-16 11:21:12)

<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6457|Melbourne - Home of Football
I remember discovering these guys in high school as everyone left pop-rock and discovered all the heavier stuff. That picture of the monk burning himself was so shocking as an album cover, it was great! I remember buying Renegades and feeling intensely disappointed when they split up, I really got into the political part of their music too. The Battle of Los Angeles would be my favourite album.

https://a5.vox.com/6a00c11413c703819d00c2251cfb75604a-500pi

Last edited by <BoTM>J_Aero (2007-06-16 11:30:19)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6801|NÃ¥rvei

DonFck wrote:

I've been a fan since 1992 when "Killing in the Name" and the RATM-album came out. I hope they take their tour to Europe / Finland, because I missed them in 1996 when Evil Empire had come out .
One of my fav bands

Zack de la Rocha can`t sing for shit but i dont care
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ReDevilJR
+106|6342
Love 'em Guerrilla Radio!!! FTW!!!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
im going to rock the bells
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6336|Cali
One of my favorite bands.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6826|Kubra, Damn it!

I saw them in Dallas back in '95 or '96 for the Evil Empire tour. They kicked ass.
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6423|Washington State, USA
Killing In The Name (best song ever), I love that band so much.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

Tom Morello > Most other guitarists
Qrite
sup g
+79|6166|Ohio
rage against the machine is the shit!
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6445|Ontario, Canada
I don't know why, I can't stand them. Something about them reminds me strongly of rap.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6711|The Netherlands
Ratm rocks, i ve seen them live on pinkpop in '94.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
They are awesome plus the guitar dude has his strap real tight tis cool .I thought guitar noobs have it high, now i know even pros have it high! Their guitar riffs are one of the most recognisable ever.
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6194
I'm sure they have a lot to rage about now.

Testify was a cool song.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6738|The United Center
For the record, I love Ticketmaster.  The ticket itself is $57.

+ $3 Facility Charge.
+ $12 Convenience Charge.
+ $20 Parking Pass.
+ $4.90 Order Processing Fee.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
I was gonna go see Audioslave...

but RATM works too!

Wake Up FTW.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard