IrishWind
+4|6723
It's the community that plays.  I just returned from a deployment, and waiting for BT and Sky to hook up my DSL.  It's been 14 days already since I ordered it, and might be 3-4 weeks more before it is working.  So I'm stuck playing on a public WiFi.  It isn't bad, but lag spikes ever 10-30 minutes.  Other online games I've played, their admins ask about it, but accept that it is all I can do right now.  But the aAdmins in BF2 seem to kick without question.  Ugh.  And when the ping is good, it is actually very good.  Just those pesky spikes.  Or waiting 5 minutes from clicking "Start BF2" to getting a game loaded and going, and getting kicked.  Thanks a lot.

Add in I can't even play the expansion pack maps without being logged into an online profile.  So I can't learn the maps at home while waiting for the DSL to work.

Signed-
Fustrated in the UK
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6476|A W S M F O X
Cry me a river, and sail to the ocean on your tears.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6666
..find a good server and become a regular

recommended:

TV2 servers
Gotland university servers
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6628|Kent, UK
1)many servers have auto kick ofr high ping, watch out for that
2)what do you expect us to do
2)hope you get a better connection soon
cMD-RR
+17|6300
gotland = fagadmins

tv2 = connectio problems all the time.

JET ranked masshtuur karkand inf only = good
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6362|Iowa...

cMD-RR wrote:

karkand inf only = shit
fixed.
Fosterthelegend
+97|6628|Kent, UK
karkand inf only is not a map setting, it's a way of life
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6241|Scotland!

Fosterthelegend wrote:

As is complaining and whining about people who enjoy it.
robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|6349
Someone mentions Karkand and the thread is already dieing...

I know the feeling, I get ping spikes and connection issues and they are annoying as fuck. You just sit there, wait ages for loading and verifiying, and then bang your kicked.

I'm sure you will love it when your internet is back tho
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6733|Scotland

aj0404 wrote:

cMD-RR wrote:

karkand inf only = shit
fixed.
geez, stay on topic eh?

I agree there are admins out there who really need to get a social life. There's not much you can do, but try to behave. It's really annoying I know lol, but try to stick with it.

Over the past months, I've learned. Hard.

Back from deployment eh? Nice
Crossfire
Norwegian TV-missile spammer
+2|6476|Stavanger, Norway

cMD-RR wrote:

It says there is connection-problem when the round is over, I've heard it is so because the BR-file is being created. If you have patience to wait for about 15 secs at the end of the round, play TV2.
IrishWind
+4|6723
UGH!  I was hoping to learn there are good servers out there.  I also play Day of Defeat, and most servers are sympathetic, and know the ping will go back down.  Hell, my ping this afternoon was better then the clan members who server I was on, when it doesn't spike.  Just fustrating that I finally got the booster backs, and all I can see is the stupid worthless manual it came with.  Or the single player mode taunting me with the new maps.

As for behaving, I always join a team, and am willing watch my K/D ratio go to pot to toss out a med/ammo bag or cap a flag.

Last edited by IrishWind (2007-06-14 10:27:51)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6481

aj0404 wrote:

cMD-RR wrote:

karkand inf only = shit
fixed.
I endorse this fix.
HiMyNameIsBeethoven
+0|6175
Just choose the lowest ping even if it's with 5 guys.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6241|Scotland!
It's not the admins, or the community that's kicking you, it's an auto-kick feature, just find a server that doesn't auto kick for high ping and you're set.
Fosterthelegend
+97|6628|Kent, UK

Jameseyy wrote:

Fosterthelegend wrote:

As is complaining and whining about people who enjoy it.
Indeed
I say learn to adapt to complete madness, and stop complaining

and i don't mean you

Last edited by Fosterthelegend (2007-06-14 11:13:58)

robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|6349

Crossfire wrote:

cMD-RR wrote:

It says there is connection-problem when the round is over, I've heard it is so because the BR-file is being created. If you have patience to wait for about 15 secs at the end of the round, play TV2.
Yeah, the TV2 servers are quite good. The connection problem thing is because of BR.
The only other problem I get on there often is the glitch that stops you making squads.
I used to practically only play TV2 when they had a 24/7 Mashtuur that was populated.
Scardaddy
+37|6405|UK
Sounds like your getting auto kicked by the servers and not the admins.  Get a clan and have them show preference to clan members that way you wont get kicked even for idle:) hope that helps I live in the UK and play with this clan www.TexasGaming.org they are great and would be happy to have you.  Good luck with your problem, I feel your pain.
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6500

IrishWind wrote:

UGH!  I was hoping to learn there are good servers out there.  I also play Day of Defeat, and most servers are sympathetic, and know the ping will go back down.  Hell, my ping this afternoon was better then the clan members who server I was on, when it doesn't spike.  Just fustrating that I finally got the booster backs, and all I can see is the stupid worthless manual it came with.  Or the single player mode taunting me with the new maps.

As for behaving, I always join a team, and am willing watch my K/D ratio go to pot to toss out a med/ammo bag or cap a flag.
Not being able to play the boster packs IS because of EA/DICE so don't whine about it in you "it's not EA/DICE!" thread. There's a reason it's $10, and a reason why nobody buys them. It's your fault for being dumb, and not put two seconds of effort into finding out if you can play them w/o internet, before buying them. YOUR FAULT

As for getting kicked from servers, Day of Defeat isn't as touchy to lag as BF2. Your on this map like 1/10 the size of most BF2 maps, with at most 32 other people, more like 16 usually, no cars/tanks/boats/planes/helicopters, no squads, and no commander stuff; think about it. It's amazing they can squeze al that stuff in, esp with you playing on freaking PUBLIC WIRELESS. DoD sucks anyway now that Sauce is out; probably the biggest reason they're not kicking you is because they're happy to finally have someone in their server. 

It sounds like your full of problems and your trying to blame it on everyone else. I'm not saying BF2 is perfect, far from it, but of all the things to complain about! Getting kicked for latency issues while your on PUB WIFI!?!?!!? Get a better internet connection and STFU!

Last edited by Greenspan (2007-06-14 14:31:00)

IrishWind
+4|6723
Wow Greenspan.  San Diego Combat is looking for mature players?  Maybe to replace you?  Who peed in your cheerios this morning?

Please read the original post, sentence three.  I did order internet two weeks ago.  And it will be another 3 weeks before it is installed.  Public WiFi is the best I can do till then.  I guess not living at home with mommy and daddy's internet connection does have it's down side.  But then again, being deployed to Iraq for a year, then coming back to my duty station in England, and have to set up a home from scratch is a breeze in your world.

As for not researching the booster packs.  Sorry.  I guess I was too busy the past year training the Iraqis to watch the BF2s boards, let alone actually play video games.  So missing the announcement that I can't play booster packs on my computer while waiting for BT/Sky to install my DSL is my bad.

Attitudes like yours is what I'm complaining about.  When BF2 is 4, will it be going as strong as DoD is now?  Probably not if the BF2 community is like you.  Take your own advice and STFU if you don't have anything useful to add.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard