AsesinoLatino
+0|6170|Dallas, TX
I'm having problems with my headset working on BF2.  It works fine on my Windows Vista Ultimate OS but it doesn't work when playing BF2.  I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas of what I can look at to make sure I can use this headset when speaking to other team members when playing within a Squad.

Any help is greatly appreciated....thanks!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659
step one: specify the problem accurately

no sound AT ALL in bf2?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6544|Chicago
I have this same problem.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6582
Make sure the server is using VOIP for a start.
AsesinoLatino
+0|6170|Dallas, TX
Sorry if I wasn't clear the 1st time...but yes my headset works fine within Windows and when playing BF2 the game sound works via my headset no different than if I was playing using my speakers...

...but it does not work while pressing the "B" talk button or testing it within the "Audio" section of the in-game configuration.  I tried running the seperate utility from within BF2 for configuring the headset/microphone and nothing...voice capture does not work...it doesn't detect my headset.

Now, I did find out via another post here that EA does not support headsets plugged into a front audio port on my PC case and that it will only work plugged into the sound card audio jack port directly, so I will try that along with other solutions as well tonight.

I will also try making sure that Windows Firewall is not blocking my VoIP and to answer someone else's question...yes VoIP is enabled within the in-game settings.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6696|London, UK
VOIP don't work with it I have the same problem no one can hear me or iam talking low so your not the only one with the problem, in my opinion it don't work simple as.
sgtdude1987
+8|6223|midlands britain
I had endless trouble geting my headset to work. It shouldnt make any difference bit just try things like disconnecting any external speakers and re-starting your computer. Or try playing in the control pannel.
Helped me even though I didn't actually change anything.
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6403|Indianapolis, IN
Vista drivers FTL, I'm sure you'd get better performance with AOSS!
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6475

bullit wrote:

VOIP don't work with it I have the same problem no one can hear me or iam talking low so your not the only one with the problem, in my opinion it don't work simple as.
It works for me with the same headset...
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6696|London, UK
My PC sucks then

/wrist

Last edited by bullit (2007-06-13 15:33:01)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6470|meh-land
if your headset is plugged into your sound card, make sure you are running Hardware or X-Fi in bf2 audio settings
if you are running software make sure you have software selected. 

also make sure that you have the volume on right too.
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6485|Vancouver, USA
Ya i have that headset too
The in-game option audio does not even detect the headset and I can even hit boost mic button.  So i basically have to shout into my headset if i am commanding or in a squad.  With ts or vent, it works fine though; loud and clear.  I still dont have an answer for it.
adv3rsary
+28|6722
i dono if u have the same problem as i used to but symptoms are the same.. my onboard soundcard was a pos, i put in a creative xtreme gamer sound card, turned on volume boost to 20db and now it works
most sound cards even onboard do have a boost option though look through the windows settings of ure mic.. it should be a checkbox.. make sure it's checked.. it makes a huge difference

Last edited by adv3rsary (2007-06-14 02:41:15)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659
I have this problem due to a conflict with my Creative Audigy 4 EAX settings and BF2. If you have one:

Set BF2's sound to software mode. It will not make a difference in sound quality, but it will fix your problem
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
+22|6652|Top of the leaderboard.
exactly what sarge said, I had the same problem, except when i put it on hardware, everything the commander said would repeat itself all echoey like, it was fucking weird, but i set it to software and it fixed everything.
AsesinoLatino
+0|6170|Dallas, TX
Well, last night I decided to not try to fix the headset problem and just use TeamSpeak and it ROCKS!

It took about 5 min. or less to configure and my brother, a friend, and myself got online with it to play and it was flawless...no need to hit a keystroke on the keyboard at all to speak and it works all the time independent of the BF2 game, so we can chat while we're looking at servers to join or in the game itself...totally Awesome!

IMHO...problem is solved  :-)
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6470|meh-land
actually, just so you know, sarge is right about hardware, but if you have an X-fi sound card software runs bf2 to use hardware, which means you get audigy level sound for an X-fi card.  Just as a headsup
-|TS|-owNzu7
+6|6426
If it is a USB headset then those things have severe problems when running with battlefield, if not then I have no idea.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6448|SoCal

AsesinoLatino wrote:

Well, last night I decided to not try to fix the headset problem and just use TeamSpeak and it ROCKS!

It took about 5 min. or less to configure and my brother, a friend, and myself got online with it to play and it was flawless...no need to hit a keystroke on the keyboard at all to speak and it works all the time independent of the BF2 game, so we can chat while we're looking at servers to join or in the game itself...totally Awesome!

IMHO...problem is solved  :-)
In your control panel, go to "Sounds and Audio Devices.  Click the "Voice" tab.  make sure the USB Headset is selected as default for "Voice playback" and "Voice Recording".  BF2 will now use your headset for VOIP.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
geNius
..!.,
+144|6448|SoCal

-|TS|-owNzu7 wrote:

If it is a USB headset then those things have severe problems when running with battlefield, if not then I have no idea.
/fail
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard