wensleydale8
+81|6770|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
When people are killed on BF2 how come there dead bodys dont act as meat shields as it would be beacause you could use dead bodies to build temporary cover so that there bodys protect you .

Flame me if you want.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6722|Switzerland
No reason to flame you, but for how long you would like to have the dead bodys staying in the game to cover behind? Could be not such a bad idea, but they should dissapear after a while, what makes it also shitty, if you take cover and a second later he get's invisible...

LOL, thinking about a 64 Karkand battle with thousands of corps around... could be interesting... ride with the APC directly onto the the hotels balcony, bacuse you can use the hill of deads as a ramp...
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6753
Thats just plain twisted.

And they dont do it because A: shooting dead bodies and/or mutilating them is kinda wrong, so they keep that out of the game. and moreso B: because it would run up the ping count pretty bad, because of all the data on all the dead bodies all over the map, and the countdown for all of them, etc....

not that its a *bad* idea, just, not really easily done.
{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6729|Winnipeg, Manitoba
lol double post, but I think it would be cool to have all the bodies "hanging" around without being able to be shot or what not... just have them there for the extra realistic gaming game good idea but as [FB]Eraser said it would be hard to implement.
wensleydale8
yes i do agree it is abit twisted but not the point of the bodies being mutilated i also agree with ping but it would be good if the bodies atleast absorb the bullets.

But thats my 2p worth.

Last edited by wensleydale8 (2005-12-15 09:57:51)

Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6729|Winnipeg, Manitoba
as wensleydale8  stated it would be good if the bodies atleast absorb the bullets, I think maybe EA can find a way that everyone who died does not just "dissappear" and actually stay were they died hanging off a ladder ina  jeep or tank or jet anythign to add to the realism of the iraq war. And if BF2 is supposed to be realistic to the war in the middle east, they do mutilate bodies on both sides.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6713|Hong Kong, China

{504th}T/4.Stryker wrote:

as wensleydale8  stated it would be good if the bodies atleast absorb the bullets, I think maybe EA can find a way that everyone who died does not just "dissappear" and actually stay were they died hanging off a ladder ina  jeep or tank or jet anythign to add to the realism of the iraq war. And if BF2 is supposed to be realistic to the war in the middle east, they do mutilate bodies on both sides.
Then again, if it's real, then where's the civilians? Why don't buildings crumble after 50+ tank shells, missiles, C4s and mines go off near it. thanks to the magical local civilians, buildings cannot be dstroyed, tanks can't rush pass sand bags and 20mm cannons can't damage concrete walls or bamboos. So much for realism.

Mutilation of bodies MIGHT be done on both sides, but they don't have time to put their their guns and weapons to find a butcher knife and all the dead bodies are carted off by the starving local population, that's why you don't see the bodies.

Remeber, MEC is a regular army, with tanks and helos, Iraq is a insurgent force, with RPGs that only go "twunk" on a tank and large amounts of rifles. So one cannot compare MEC and Iraq.
Sud
+0|6748
It would appear that EA was attempting to shoot for as low an ESRB rating as possible, thus why there's no blood or gore. I believe that bodies that could have round after round put into them would probably qualify under some category like excessively violent or mutilation or something like that and would drive the age rating up.
wensleydale8
but if there no blood then what would make them change the ag rating look at killzone for example that had blood but it only a 16 so why would they change it.
-=pM|B1zzY=-
+0|6829|Germany
are u a bit pervert???

i think it is not very nice when u take a teammate e.g. in real war who died in battle and u use him as a protection shield, so why do it in a videogame???

what would u say, when u are critically wounded and u see how someone takes u away and uses your dead corpse to protect himself?
Sud
+0|6748
Typically, the dead wouldn't care if you used them as a shield. They'd probably actually approve if they in some way were able to save you with their sacrafice.
[MC]RG-Conan
+0|6757|Ventura, CA

Sud wrote:

Typically, the dead wouldn't care if you used them as a shield. They'd probably actually approve if they in some way were able to save you with their sacrafice.
Amen to that. I've read a lot of personal accounts of battle from WWII vets and they're there for their brothers in arms. They would die for them. And having died, they would give their corpse for them.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6713|Hong Kong, China
But since most of the are "Critically wounded" instead of dead, then maybe using them as a shield would be inhumane, but if they're just a arm or a leg..then I don't really mind as long as I'm not the owner of the body parts.
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6728
I wouldn't mind being able to use corpses as bullet shields. I die plenty, I could totally help my team if they could use me as a shield! Sadly I think it would increase the drag on everyone and especially the server so I don't see it getting done.

And Aquastorm.. I can't fault you for liking Naruto, but Yaoi? Ye gads!
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6713|Hong Kong, China

PinkSugarHeartAttack wrote:

I wouldn't mind being able to use corpses as bullet shields. I die plenty, I could totally help my team if they could use me as a shield! Sadly I think it would increase the drag on everyone and especially the server so I don't see it getting done.

And Aquastorm.. I can't fault you for liking Naruto, but Yaoi? Ye gads!
Ah, if everyone had fiber optic cables and 0 ping, then EA would do its best to keep us happy, but alas, optic cables are hard to repair and 0 ping is only reserved for bots.

What do you mean by "Ye Gads!"? I like yaoi, but it's not as if I'm forcing you to like it.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6721|The Netherlands

wensleydale8 wrote:

When people are killed on BF2 how come there dead bodys dont act as meat shields as it would be beacause you could use dead bodies to build temporary cover so that there bodys protect you .

Flame me if you want.
I dont agree with u, since "meat" isnt bulletproof at all. U get no protection what so ever from a body. Sand is bulletproof if u use alot of it. U need at least 1,5 meter of loose sand to stop bullets and its about a meter if u use sandbags.

I do think they could leave the body's for a bit longer, that would be cool if u ask me, if theres a mg taking out your teammates, u ll get warned for that mg if u see the pile of dead teammates lying in front of it.

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-16 04:43:01)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra

wensleydale8 wrote:

Flame me if you want.
you just want to have your way with them dont you?
topal63
. . .
+533|6719

wensleydale8 wrote:

Flame me if you want.
I think the engineer class should be expanded to take care of this need; give him another tool other than the magical wrench he already has that fixes everything.

The abilty to stack (build) dead bodies like sands-bags would make the engineer a more useful class, and you cound award him a point for building a defensive position out of the dead bodies.
nating75
+0|6778

Sud wrote:

Yeah but what if the enemy uses your dead corpse. You wouldn't be so happy then.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6753|Toronto, ON
If you want mutilated bodies, play UT2004.
Alpha as fuck.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6779
I think the interesting tactic would be to be a medic, kill off a teammate when you are about to be shot, use him as a shield, then revive him and continue on.

That would be one hell of a clan tactic.
Seth Infinite
+3|6740|Houston, The Republic of Texas
Dead bodies piling up........a little C4

PunkZ killed by flying arm
Seth killed by flying head
Wargo killed by flying gore

Love the idea!!
Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6839|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee

-=pM|B1zzY=- wrote:

what would u say, when u are critically wounded and u see how someone takes u away and uses your dead corpse to protect himself?
u wouldnt say anything cos u is dead...know what i mean 'arry

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard