Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6271|Outside your Back window
A recent thought...Think about what made the very planet we stand on today, think about what made everything inside that planet, think about what made every single forest, grassland, desert, sea and jungle, think about every single mammal, plant, fish, insect and bacteria, then think about how they all co-exist in perfect harmony, each one survives off another creature. Nature has created the perfect balance of everything and there is still evidence of it today, you just have to look outside your window and see it.

However, natures biggest achievement is also its biggest mistake...The homo sapien. Giving the human the ability to feel emotion's, combined with extraordinary brain power is a recipe for disaster. Humans can be greedy, spiteful, jealous, power crazy as well as number of other negative traits all depending on the humans upbringing. In turn the humans could destroy a large part of what nature has created...And guess what we have, for thousands of years we have destroyed forests and killed animals to the point of extinction and it was all down to natures one flaw.

Ironic that having made a 99% perfect world it was the 1% mistake that could destroy it. Not all humans are bad i must say, but it is that bad ones that are destroying nature and we are all buying into it, whether we buy wood, drive cars, or a number of other things we are all contributing to the destruction of natures work.

There was a quote once said (and i cannot remember it word for word) but read something like (this was in regard to AI and robots) - The day humans create a being as intelligent as them, it will be the day the human race falls. And the same applies to nature, nature made an intelligent race and now faces a form of destruction through us.

We will never beat nature, as nature is God. Nature will eventually catch up and kill us, whether it be old age or whatever, nature controls us.
And another thing nature can do, as our population grows so quickly, it will eventually get too large and over populate the planet. But nature has a hidden weapon with which it can wipe the slate clean and start again. Its already happening, its called global warming. Once that takes effect we are all fucked.

I'm going off topic a bit, but what i am saying is that God is nature as far as I'm concerned.

What dya reckon?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6832|Kubra, Damn it!

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

The day humans create a being as intelligent as them, it will be the day the human race falls.
Interesting. I must have a different definition of failure. For me, anything that can create something that is superior to itself has triumphantly succeeded.
tiptopT
+72|6579|Scotland's Capital

chittydog wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

The day humans create a being as intelligent as them, it will be the day the human race falls.
Interesting. I must have a different definition of failure. For me, anything that can create something that is superior to itself has triumphantly succeeded.
Until said creation turns on them?
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6308|South Jersey

chittydog wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

yes, but he's looking at it from a different perspective, he's saying that because humans are on top and pretty much ruining nature, if we were to create something better than us, its just that simple, that superior thing would take over, ruin, whatever, us. although this leads you onto dangerous paths, especially while high. then you can get to thinking its all about perception, blah blah blah, nature already does and will keep us in check, and we are so much more insignificant than we think, yadda yadda, and so on.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6572
I dont belive in god. But I do beleive humans are the worst thing on this planet, but I usually shrug that thought off.
derstralle
Iron Egg Skill, bitches!
+29|6212
This is flawed on so many levels...

1. Nature is not static and even less 'harmonic'.
Throughout earth's history species have been exterminated through natural disasters and interference with other species.

2. Your 'saying' does not apply to nature as nature has no intelligence. At all.

3. Define what you mean with the term 'nature'!
Once you talk about it being forest, bees and so on and then later death is also nature to you.
So what is it?

4.Get a point.
Seriously...
Your point is that nature is god, but the only sentence in your post about this is

wrote:

I'm going off topic a bit, but what i am saying is that God is nature as far as I'm concerned.
Care to explain why?
Smitty5613
+46|6524|Middle of nowhere, California

daffytag wrote:

I dont belive in god. But I do beleive humans are the worst thing on this planet, but I usually shrug that thought off.
we are b-b-b-bad to the bone...
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6271|Outside your Back window

derstralle wrote:

This is flawed on so many levels...

1. Nature is not static and even less 'harmonic'.
Throughout earth's history species have been exterminated through natural disasters and interference with other species.

2. Your 'saying' does not apply to nature as nature has no intelligence. At all.

3. Define what you mean with the term 'nature'!
Once you talk about it being forest, bees and so on and then later death is also nature to you.
So what is it?

4.Get a point.
Seriously...
Your point is that nature is god, but the only sentence in your post about this is

wrote:

Care to explain why?
1. Natural disasters (nature)
2. Then wtf creates everything its nature, nature creates everything
3. Death is not nature, nature causes death through old ages or NATURAL causes
4. Because it is nature that has created everything and keeps the Earth balance, people say God does that, So nature is God in my eyes
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
I am god and god is me
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6668|UK

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I am god and god is me
Allah o' Akbar!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6335|EsSeX

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I am god and god is me
god is everything so i am god
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6655|California
If you look at a city from a distance...

it looks like cancer...

Our downfall will be just that... cancer...

Since we are practically born with it...

Nature will get rid of us... naturally...
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker
We are the dominant species on earth since we are the “fittest who have survived” the best nature can throw at us.  Why are we bad and labeled a “cancer” when we’re just doing what nature “created” us to do by rising to the top?  If we’re just a cancer that will eventually be eliminated by nature why bother trying to fix anything?  Continuing the logic, mother earth will fix herself, adapt to compensate for our actions and live on.
topal63
. . .
+533|6715

Stingray24 wrote:

We are the dominant species on earth since we are the “fittest who have survived” the best nature can throw at us.  Why are we bad and labeled a “cancer” when we’re just doing what nature “created” us to do by rising to the top?  If we’re just a cancer that will eventually be eliminated by nature why bother trying to fix anything?  Continuing the logic, mother earth will fix herself, adapt to compensate for our actions and live on.
I can't figure out what this thread is really about?

Pessimism maybe?
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6483|Latvia
Well we are so special that a meteorite could hit the earth and no one ever would knew we existed...
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6655|South West England

BALTINS wrote:

Well we are so special that a meteorite could hit the earth and no one ever would knew we existed...
[sarcasm]Have you not seen FF7 where the green goo like, spews from the world to stops the meteor!?!/![/sarcasm]

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6616|Manitowoc, WI
Wow, not exactly a pep talk.
theelviscerator
+19|6286
Nature goes from organized to unorganized.

God creates.

Bit of a snag there.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS

theelviscerator wrote:

Nature goes from organized to unorganized.

God creates.

Bit of a snag there.
You mean entropy?

I think you've misinterpreted that principle.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard