gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6674|The Real World

Do you have an old pci card or another PCI-e. If you don't PM me and i'll send you a pci graphics card to try. In the mean time take some pics as zimmer said.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6702|MoVal So-Cal
While I may not provide any tech support I have to say that when my new PC was first turned of several times I never had anything on my screen. I freaked because my new 8800 wasn't displaying anything. What did I do? on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on and it works
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

I just saw your rig specs. You should have never gone for that RAM. But that shouldnt make any difference to the problems you are getting.
I am not sure what is wrong here. It baffles me.
Microwave
_
+515|6656|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
What's wrong with that RAM? (Yeah, shouldn't make a difference - it should still boot without the RAM).

I know, same....
MECtallica
+73|6506|jalalabad
I didnt read the second page, well anyways, I had this on my computer, does the mobo have onboard? it happened to me like this, you have to hook up your monitor to onboard first, THEN boot up, install the nvidia drivers, then hook your monitor up to the graphics card...
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6642|Your moms bedroom
sounds like a drivers problem, except i guess its kinda hard to download drivers when when you can't see your monitor
Microwave
_
The motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics.

I think I've ruled out every possibility now apart from....:

Could a faulty CPU cause the computer not to show anything on the screen?
Redhell14
+8|6514|Germany
I had almost the same problem a while ago, but I don't know how excactly i solved it.

What you might want to try is take the mainboard out of the case and connect all the important parts. Then use a screwdriver or something to short-circuit the power-pin(the two pins where you connect the power-switch cable to.

The reason why i think that might be causing the problem is, that some mainboards are not perfectly manufactured and therefor there might be some contact between the case and the mainboard.

Redhell
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6444|Stealth City, UK

james@alienware wrote:

Have you RMA'd the baord yet?
Microwave
_

buLLet_t00th wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

Have you RMA'd the baord yet?
Yep, I got a replacement and had the same problem, nothing was different.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
What have you got left over from your old computer?
Microwave
_
Everything apart from hard drive (which I'm using for this one), and the case - which I'm also using.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
Sent you a PM
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

As I said, use your old GFX on it and try that.
If it keeps crapping up ( where did you order this from? ) then send the website a complaint and they should replace your board with a different one ( i.e different make ).
Microwave
_
I've tried an old GFX....exactly the same problem.

Yeah...I might have to do that.....can you recommend something similar in price and spec to this?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Yes.
Asus P5N32-E SLI.
Pwnage.
Microwave
_

Zimmer wrote:

Yes.
Asus P5N32-E SLI.
Pwnage.
That looks perfect.....however, I need, well, would like one which (officially) supports RAM running at 1066Mhz like the memory I got.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6551|EUtopia | Austria
Uhm, the second one didn't work either? Then you're REALLY lucky. Don't go out when there's a thunderstorm, I'd say ^^ Well, it seems the DQ6 turned out to be something for masochists only... :-/

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductI … tID=591501 There's your DDR2-1066 support

edit. i hate Zimmer. if you ask how much, I'd say approximately 35 seconds

Last edited by Stormscythe (2007-06-15 11:49:00)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

I am just such a god.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA

james@alienware wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Does your graphics card have 2 DVI ports? And if so did you try the other one? Also double check the 2 PCIe power cables, they're fuckers to get in usually and quite often you think they're in only to find out they're not.
Yeah it's got 2 DVI inputs on the back but I have to use this connector thing that came with the card to plug in my monitor.

Yeah....I'm sure they're in
.. did you try the other DVI port though?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

I did a dummy run with my computer, to see if I could help you out.

I believe it is the GFX or something to do with the mobo.

See...I tested my computer with the GFX slightly pulled out of its slot, and nothing came up. Everything ran, but nothing booted. Whatsoever.
I tried removing the RAM. The computer still ran. Tried the DVD recorder, check. Tried everything else. Nothing gave the same problem as the GFX card. Maybe that helps?
Microwave
_
NEWS!

I got the cpu and motherboard independantly tested and found out that the motherboard is faulty AGAIN! That was the second one I had, not impressed!

The guy who tested it recommended an Asus board...and looking back at Zimmer 'the god' s posts he recommended the Asus P5K Deluxe.

I'm pretty definate I'm going to buy that one now but reading a few reviews

Newegg review wrote:

Cons:
1 - Hot! MB temps 45c-47c setting off asus probe warnings.fix, corsair dominator ram cooler(35c)which brings me to the fact the ram slots are so close to the video card you can hardly fit a ram cooler on.
2 - Mosfets 8 of them on the back of the motherboard,No heatsinks and no air flow back there( come on asus)
3 - Cheap sata connectors on the motherboard.
4 - Sata connectors covered up by GTX video card.
The one in bold is the only one I'm worrying about....

The board as 6 SATA connectors and I will only be using one. Two max. (possibly going to get another hard drive when I dual boot Vista for Crysis).

So baring in mind I will only need 2 out of the 6 SATA ports...is this a problem?   (I have the GTX graphics card).

Thank you
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

james@alienware wrote:

NEWS!

I got the cpu and motherboard independantly tested and found out that the motherboard is faulty AGAIN! That was the second one I had, not impressed!

The guy who tested it recommended an Asus board...and looking back at Zimmer 'the god' s posts he recommended the Asus P5K Deluxe.

I'm pretty definate I'm going to buy that one now but reading a few reviews

Newegg review wrote:

Cons:
1 - Hot! MB temps 45c-47c setting off asus probe warnings.fix, corsair dominator ram cooler(35c)which brings me to the fact the ram slots are so close to the video card you can hardly fit a ram cooler on.
2 - Mosfets 8 of them on the back of the motherboard,No heatsinks and no air flow back there( come on asus)
3 - Cheap sata connectors on the motherboard.
4 - Sata connectors covered up by GTX video card.
The one in bold is the only one I'm worrying about....

The board as 6 SATA connectors and I will only be using one. Two max. (possibly going to get another hard drive when I dual boot Vista for Crysis).

So baring in mind I will only need 2 out of the 6 SATA ports...is this a problem?   (I have the GTX graphics card).

Thank you
I think you should be ok. Bit-tech or Hexus (can't remember which) just did a review and said that, but they provide you with SATA cables that are bent at 90 degrees so that it isn't a problem.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

I was pretty certain it could only be the mobo.

Well, good luck with your new mobo. Also, ask the dealers to give you compensation for these problems. I am pretty sure they could throw in a Thermalright VGA GTX cooler for you. - If not, shout at them and slap them.
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=607381

Cools your card about 20C on idle and 35C on load. It is a beast.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard