mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6232
I don`t get it, often when i enter a match i see that my team has no commander, i usually apply - and what happens? someone for no reason starts a vote against you - i try to do a pretty good job as commander, helping my team the best way i can. Often i get ignored, but today something nice actually happened. At the end of the round (my team was winning) one guy actually got on the Com's and said: "good job commander"
Damn it`s nice to play on servers where people are nice to each other instead of the usual kick votes and fuck you and smacktard this and smacktard that.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6304|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Hoorah.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6547|Belgium
Exactly why you should be playing SF and not vanilla.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6429|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Hoorah.
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6292|Outside your Back window
I agree, it can be fun to play commander. Sometimes tho u get a bunch of retards on your side and it just aint fun
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6738|Scotland
I for one hate commander. It's fantastic if bf2 had the ppl is was meant to like ppl with mics etc.

It doesn't, and I find commander awful - well - inefficient.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6663

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Hoorah.
k......... good for you
voodoodolphins
+92|6721

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

and what happens? someone for no reason starts a vote against you
lol yeah i know that all to well. i understand when it happens on a "No commander" server but I don't get it when I am on a "normal rules" server.
But then again the kick votes never go through.
motherdear
+25|6669|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
ooh-rah can't agree more
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6505
I'll take commander if nobody else wants it, but I'm not going to stop fighting. Honestly, I'd rather be able to be 100% focused on trying to kill the enemy then putting down UAVs for people, so being commander is usually a second choice for me. But, me being a bad commander is usually better than no commander at all.

Being commander is something you either like or you don't. Some people enjoy it some don't. It's not that outrageous that you enjoy being commander, a lot of people do!

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

I for one hate commander. It's fantastic if bf2 had the ppl is was meant to like ppl with mics etc.

It doesn't, and I find commander awful - well - inefficient.
That is why you join a clan.

Last edited by Greenspan (2007-06-06 15:23:46)

Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6575|Brisbane, Aus

Don't take it to heart man, I've never seen a vote, kick or mutiny in BF2 pass, only once in 2142 but thats it.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6342|Graz, Austria

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

someone for no reason starts a vote against you
Remember though, that there is a bug where you can trigger a kick vote against a random (?) player, usually when you spawn.
My guess is that many of these kick votes are not deliberately started. (Except that player is also bitching in the chat.)

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

Damn it`s nice to play on servers where people are nice to each other
True.
What really helps is commending your squads if they have achieved something. I usually do that if they regain control after some hard fighting or capture all flags.
If you start doing that, all of a sudden the squad leaders start asking for supplies/UAV or even ask for new orders.

My best round as commander was on Op. Smoke Screen where I joined late into the game and the enemy had an advance of 200+ tickets.
I noticed that my team had no commander, applied and turned the tide with our team losing only a minimum of tickets.
It was an extreme job though, as I had continually work for more than 45 minutes.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6498|Somewhere else

I like to command.   When a team is good, its a blast.  When they suck, and are losing, its dull.  Usually, that's when I start making animal noises in the mic.  Just to piss em off.
ethrion
+25|6412|Hong Kong @ the moment
I dont mind being commander either (only when i was going for my commander badges though). I find that as long as the commander drops the UAV instantly everytime, and uses the scan to spot units outside the UAV then thats enough. Also sensible use of the artillery and support drops helps. And you'll always get idiots that try to mutiny or even go so far as to TK you. It sucks but thats BF life for you... There is a gulf of difference between how BF should be played and how it actually is played.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6383

iPoon.be wrote:

Exactly why you should be playing SF and not vanilla.
QFT
JaggedPanther
+61|6492

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

I don`t get it, often when i enter a match i see that my team has no commander, i usually apply - and what happens? someone for no reason starts a vote against you - i try to do a pretty good job as commander, helping my team the best way i can. Often i get ignored, but today something nice actually happened. At the end of the round (my team was winning) one guy actually got on the Com's and said: "good job commander"
Damn it`s nice to play on servers where people are nice to each other instead of the usual kick votes and fuck you and smacktard this and smacktard that.
You do realize the repeat kick votes are most likely the 'kick-vote-bug' do you? it accepts some action as a player as an attempt to kick vote even though the player didn't mean to.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6465|Chicago, IL

JaggedPanther wrote:

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

You do realize the repeat kick votes are most likely the 'kick-vote-bug' do you? it accepts some action as a player as an attempt to kick vote even though the player didn't mean to.
No, mutiny votes are usually some tard who knows the team is awesome and wants free points, and i've only seen kick votes against spawn rapers and teamkillers.  (I've never had a kick vote against me, ever)
weasel_thingo
+74|6345
yeah you rarely would have people comment on good commanding, they usually complain.
one time i told a squad to repair the UAV trailer, they were almost there and then asked for a UAV. it would have said to them that it wasnt availible, but he continued to shout over VOIP asking for a UAV, then he tried to mutiny me.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6368|Iowa...
i hate commanders.they're always stealin my gold stars.

Last edited by aj0404 (2007-06-06 21:20:14)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6465|Chicago, IL

weasel_thingo wrote:

yeah you rarely would have people comment on good commanding, they usually complain.
one time i told a squad to repair the UAV trailer, they were almost there and then asked for a UAV. it would have said to them that it wasnt availible, but he continued to shout over VOIP asking for a UAV, then he tried to mutiny me.
Me:"Squad leaders, all my stuff is down, can one of you repair it?"
Squad 1:"Enemy activity, requesting a barrage"
Squad 2:"Requesting UAV overflight"
Squad 3:"This commander sux"
Squad 1:"Requesting UAV overflight"
Me:

3 votes for mutiny, 11 votes are needed.

Me:"jack ass"

we've all been there...
Profitteroles
+11|6257|Dartford
I too also like going commander theres nothing better than guiding a squad leader over the voip to the one lone guy spending 5 mins walking to the back spawns to only then get shot right b4 he caps the flag. I find the ingame chat is the most valuable asset the commander has.

I dont allow fighting commanders in my server, for a commander to do their job propperly they must be on their command screen non-stop
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6737|Melbourne, Australia

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

yer it realy shits me a team will play without a commander for whole rounds and as soon as someone fills the spot its mutiny vote after mutiny vote no matter how good you are
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6737|Melbourne, Australia

Profitteroles wrote:

I too also like going commander theres nothing better than guiding a squad leader over the voip to the one lone guy spending 5 mins walking to the back spawns to only then get shot right b4 he caps the flag. I find the ingame chat is the most valuable asset the commander has.

I dont allow fighting commanders in my server, for a commander to do their job propperly they must be on their command screen non-stop
when im commanding for example on wake island as china ill sit inside the little hut right next to the airfield flag as an engy just so i can look after my assets but im far to good of an inf player to just be commanding so when it gets heated and wev got u.s troops all over the flag ill usually rush out and grab the nearest medic kit around and own it up lol its funny because i see a black hawk coming in on the radar so i run out grab a medic kit load up the ak47 an wait.. full load drop in and before they even nuterlize iv usually taken em all out

I.M.I_Militant [Ak47] BHnewb1
I.M.I_Militant [Ak47] BHnewb2
I.M.I_Militant [Ak47] BHnewb3
I.M.I_Militant [Ak47] BHnewb4
I.M.I_Militant [Ak47] BHnewb5
I.M.I_Militant [Ak47] BHnewb6
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6481|A W S M F O X
I love being a terrible commander, constantly spamming "Negative", artying our own team, vehicle dropping for other team, but always saying stuff like "Sorry! Mouse glitched!" "Whoops, i thought i was on MEC!"

And playing the Muppet theme song in the commander mic, or burping constantly, either are hilarious.
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6232

JET_G raidensen wrote:

I love being a terrible commander, constantly spamming "Negative", artying our own team, vehicle dropping for other team, but always saying stuff like "Sorry! Mouse glitched!" "Whoops, i thought i was on MEC!"

And playing the Muppet theme song in the commander mic, or burping constantly, either are hilarious.
So your telling us your a baby?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard