tthf
Member 5307
+210|6772|06-01

Nikola Bathory wrote:

I know it's a beta, but it's ranked!!
maybe because its crappy EA/Dice?
Gaston
+2|6242
Aircraft is a contradiction, once again half of your team is "camping" in the hangar with planewhores dominating the ranklist - he could score 10+ kills while his team is still leaving the main. Yes, planes were supposed to be strong, but come on, put a real tank map just once - "abardeen" style(not armour fury once - where you are raped by choppers and planes all game long). In fact this is an "Abardeen" style map exept for planes. Otherwise a very good map indeed!

P.S.
On the other hand, make also maps where most of the team could fly - some sort of "battle for coral sea" for BF1942.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6687|Colorado
I like the openness of it for jets & will be great to learn in. The openness is a double edged sword though as it boggles the weak of mind into standing around for something that never comes. At least they are still giving us free maps. What we really need is an expansion for sf the true bf2, that would impress me.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6508|N. Ireland
what jets are on this map?
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6573|Hungary

leetkyle wrote:

what jets are on this map?
Both teams got 3 bombers..A-10 and SU-35...

No actually the MEC got the Fighter (not the bomber) and the USMC has also its fighter (not the bomber and not the hovering one lol)
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6238|Escea

RSierzega wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Seeing as we're on the topic of new maps, I came up with my idea of a PLA vs USMC urban map (I've only done it in 64 to begin with). USMC have three spawn points to begin with, the Essex, the Loading Cranes and the small arty island to the east of the carrier.
The PLA start with four spawn points, one at the top of a skyscraper that would have to be made. Reached by Blackhawks or AH-1Z.
There are also two neutral points to the east to give the USMC a better foothold on the map.

As for vehicles, USMC end up in total with two Abrams tanks, five DPV's, three HMMWV's, and four LAV-25's (two of which spawn on small island)
Air vehicles include, two Blackhawks and one AH-1Z.
RIB's are also available from the carrier.

PLA end up in total with two Type 98's, five FAV's, three NJ2046's, and three WZ-551's
Air Vehicles include one Z-8 and one Z-10.
RIB's unavailable for PLA.

No mobile AA included although there would be stationary AA and AT.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3159 … mapkd7.png

I ran this up in like fifteen minutes so its not great, just a basic layout of what I'd liked to see.
I was thinking that maybe some more buildings could be added, but tell me what you think.
I like your idea, but, I had a few ideas of my own. So I hope you don't mind that Ive changed your picture some.

Ill outline the basics,

The USMC starts out with three spawn points. the Essex, the Loading Cranes, and a Destroyer. The PLA start with 3 points, the Temple, the High Rise Tower and the PLA Garrison.

Vehicle Spawns amount to:

USMC:
2 M1A2 Abrams MBTs that spawn at Loading Cranes
4 Desert Patrol Vehicles, (3 will spawn at the Loading Cranes, and 1 at the East Landing Beach, should the US take that point)
3 HMMWVs that will spawn at the Loading Cranes
2 LAV-25s that will spawn in the carrier landing bay, where the RIBs normally spawn.
3 Blackhawks will spawn on the carrier
1 AH-1Z Super Cobra will also spawn on the carrier.
RIB will be available docked to the port side of the US Destroyer.

PLA:
2 Type-89 MBTs, (1 at the Garrison, 1 at the Temple.)
5 Fast Attack Vehicles (2 at the Temple, 2 at the Garrison and 1 at High Rise Tower)
3 NJ2046s (2 at the Temple, 1 at the Garrison)
3 WZ-551s (2 at the Garrison, 1 at the High Rise Tower)
1 WZ-10 will spawn at the High Rise Tower
2 Z-8s will spawn at the Temple

So people are probably asking, whats the Destroyer for? Naval Far Support, it'll serve as the artillery for this map, instead of those boring old cannons, your Commander gets to play with a fancy Navy destroyer for his far support.

Thats pretty much the map, Ill now put the picture.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1118 … pmyil4.png

Like I said, M.O.A.B, I hope you dont mind me modifying your picture
No probs, anyone can take it and modify it to there own ideas, get ourselves a melting pot.
Oh and to cowami, yeah I've seen that thread, that's where the bay idea came from
docnutz
+39|6774|B O S T ON area

nukchebi0 wrote:

Why is anyone complaining about it feeling like an armored fury map? Now we can get the feel of AF without having to spend $10.
You cheap P.O.S, you'll never get the feel of AF with this one map!  No bombers, lil Birds and no attack helo's u nub!

Last edited by docnutz (2007-06-07 07:54:49)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6581|England

docnutz wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Why is anyone complaining about it feeling like an armored fury map? Now we can get the feel of AF without having to spend $10.
You cheap P.O.S, you'll never get the feel of AF with this one map!  No bombers, lil Birds and no attack helo's u nub!
QFT.

And you forgot the muscle cars
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6682

Just tried it out last night.  This map just needs a few more light transports and it'd be perfect.  It definitely does not need attack helicopters.  Teamwork is where it's at.  Lonewolves are dead meat for a convoy of armor engineers.  The fighters are useless against engineer armor convoys, which is a good thing.  But armor convoy versus armor convoy is just sweet, without some heli TV ruining the engagement.

It definitely does not need attack helicopters.  Reason, even if you are down to one flag, you can get on a light transport, outrun the armor and capture another flag.  An attack helicopter would prevent such a thing. 

For us tankers, this is the best map ever.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-06-07 10:50:09)

B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6424|Espoo, Finland

Ilocano wrote:

This map just needs a few more light transports and it'd be perfect.
Agreed. Transport choppers spawning at Checkpoints' helipads would be nice too.

Ilocano wrote:

The fighters are useless against engineer armor convoys, which is a good thing.
Not entirely true. Good pilot can make miracles. ( Just had a 39/0 round with F18 )

Ilocano wrote:

For us tankers, this is the best map ever.
Agreed.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6654|Montreal, Qc, Canada
we want a urbain map with chinese vs usmc  NOW !  fuck highway tampa !

Everybody knows a urbain map like that would be awesome + lots more players would play chinese and have the medal....
Merlin
+3|6570|Ireland
Anyone have a zip version of this map? As the exe  dosent seem to be working for me. There dosent seem to an option to manually place the file in Bf2/mods/levels folder as the exe download just dosent seem to put the map where it should go. Anyone got  any ideas thanks in advance.
superE
+1|6359
feel free to try and download it here, maybe it's the file???  I also made a post for those having a hard time finding the file called "ht download".
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6682

Merlin wrote:

Anyone have a zip version of this map? As the exe  dosent seem to be working for me. There dosent seem to an option to manually place the file in Bf2/mods/levels folder as the exe download just dosent seem to put the map where it should go. Anyone got  any ideas thanks in advance.
I downloaded it per Toilet Sex's link to EA's FTP site: http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc/B … ta_BF2.zip
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6304|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Andoura wrote:

Everybody knows a urbain map like that would be awesome + lots more players would play chinese and have the medal....
I just love it when Andoura combines French and English, don't you?

Oh (even though I don't watch hockey), CANADA LOSES THE STANLEY CUP, BITCH!

On topic: I want to play this map, but knowing me, I'll camp somewhere for over twenty minutes, have a tank come by, fire off one rocket, and get killed two seconds later.

Or I could go Blackhawk soloing.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6737
Great Map, especially 64 players.

At last EA figured out a map where engeneers/AT-kits and  good tankers are more important than medics and supports! refreshing.
Medic- and support-whores please keep playing Karkand I/O 

Reminds me of Aberdeen (1942). No attack choppers = good; those would ruin fun of major tank battles  indeed.
Tankers that know how to move in formations (echolon, line, wedge )  have an edge.

If ppl would figure out how to access the many (!)  Igla/Stinger-sites,  one F-18 or Mig wont be a problem, because there are linebacker also.
Spawn points at main are well spread; meaning jet-whores are better off on other jet-maps, or must drive jeeps, tanks and transport choppers!

Last edited by MajorHoulahan_MASH (2007-06-07 12:58:45)

Merlin
+3|6570|Ireland

superE wrote:

feel free to try and download it here, maybe it's the file???  I also made a post for those having a hard time finding the file called "ht download".
Appreciate that it seems it was an Registry fuck up. But thanks anyway.
too_money2007
+145|6323|Keller, Tx
I downloaded it and played a few rounds last night.

A few observations:

1. It sucked. Really, it did.
2. Armor whore love fest. If you want to get your 400 hrs req for expert armor, this is your map.
3. Ugly. The coloring as gross and there was too much room with nothing in it. Very boring.
4. No attack helicopters. If you're going to have that many tanks, give us something to take them out with.
5. Only one jet per team? Eek!

I'm staying away from this map.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6654|Montreal, Qc, Canada

cowami wrote:

Andoura wrote:

I just love it when Andoura combines French and English, don't you?

Oh (even though I don't watch hockey), CANADA LOSES THE STANLEY CUP, BITCH!

On topic: I want to play this map, but knowing me, I'll camp somewhere for over twenty minutes, have a tank come by, fire off one rocket, and get killed two seconds later.

Or I could go Blackhawk soloing.
loooooooooollllll fuck you

And yes SENS lost the stanley cup yesterday !!! what a fkin horrible game...  They made a show on tv here... The guy was in anaheim and he was asking people in the street if they knew who was playing in the final... 3/4 didn't knew it was their own team FKIN NOOBS
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6581|England

Despite my review many pages back, with 64players this map is total mayhem. However, I stand by my point that there simply is far too much driving between CP's.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6682

Snake wrote:

Despite my review many pages back, with 64players this map is total mayhem. However, I stand by my point that there simply is far too much driving between CP's.
True, if you are in a slow-moving vehicle.  But if you are in a light-transport, you want as much room between you and the enemy armor convoys.  Makes for more fun longer matches when you only have one flag left and a quick FAV run can get you another flag if everyone is too busy spawnraping the last flag.

Aside: damn, none of the work I did last night on Tampa has shown up in my stats.  I'm missing a medal.  Must have been the Private glitch I had...

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-06-07 15:21:14)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6339|New Haven, CT

docnutz wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Yeah, so? I get to tank without having the n00b vehicles ruining it for me.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6339|Graz, Austria

nukchebi0 wrote:

docnutz wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Yeah, so? I get to tank without having the n00b vehicles ruining it for me.
Well, a big feature, if not the main feature in AF is the the scout heli's additional reconnaissance.
Also the muscle car and the semi truck. So you're definitely missing out something.

Other than that, I agree, you can get the spirit of AF and EF with the massive tank battles.
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6737

Ilocano wrote:

Aside: damn, none of the work I did last night on Tampa has shown up in my stats.  I'm missing a medal.  Must have been the Private glitch I had...
"Beta for Highway Tampa map for BF2.
Through a collaborative effort, Intel and EA DICE are rolling out a new Battlefield map for players to battle on and we need you to help make sure it’s ready for final ranked release!" -->

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie … 60507.aspx

->  NOT RANKED YET if  i read the above correctly !

Then somewhere else: http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre … dID=231518
--Can the map be played ranked?--
This is an official map and, even though it is a Beta version, it can be played ranked. In fact, we encourage you to play ranked and reap the rewards of your participation in the Beta.

- > RANKED -  if the server says so !?

in this case EA  BFHQ updates must be slow again, like the 'weekends'.

Last edited by MajorHoulahan_MASH (2007-06-07 16:31:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard